Better Fathers: Courtesy of the Sexual Revolution: "Little attention has been paid to the impact that women's liberation has had on men. The unacknowledged truth is that men have been transformed too. Today, men have more freedom, flexibility and choices -- in the most meaningful ways."
When Mom and Dad Share It All: "Gender should not determine the division of labor at home. Its a message consistent with nearly every major social trend of the past three decades women entering the work force, equality between the sexes, the need for two incomes to pay the bills, even courts that favor shared custody after divorce. And it is what many would agree is fair, even ideal. Yet it is anything but the norm."
How to Reclaim Father's Day from Ties and Work: "Remind yourself and others that parenting does not equal mothering..."
Moms show dads how to get back into work: "The good news seems to be that gaps on CVs are now so common as to be the norm, recruiters and consultants in the US say. The bad news? Yes, there is, if youre a man."
First-time dads have a few more gray hairs: "I've interviewed many people who became parents in their 30s and 40s who said that parenthood revealed to them how selfish and silly they had been in their teens and 20s - and I think that definitely applies to me."
When moms criticize, dads back off of baby care: "Both partners have moments of uncertainty over making the right decision for their child. But it may be that some dads need a little extra cheerleading is because, culturally, the father's role in caring for an infant isn't as well-defined as the mother's."
Gay Unions Shed Light on Gender in Marriage: "A growing body of evidence shows that same-sex couples have a great deal to teach everyone else about marriage and relationships."
My life as a stay-at-home dad: "One day I noticed something different. I wasn't depressed. I wasn't bored. I was a dad. I don't know when it happened or why. Perhaps, I just needed time to adjust to the new me, the stay-at-home dad."
Obama's Father's Day Speech: "He did it in front of a black crowd, and it was the right thing to say. But reporters need to stop acting like this dude is the only civilized black man in the world."
Related Forum Threads
- looking for a good book (or two) for my DH about raising girls Last post on 7/29/13 at 5:11am in Parenting
- Here's something different: single dad Last post on 11/28/13 at 3:58am in Single Parenting
- Best Gift Ideas For Father On Father's Day Last post on 5/18/13 at 8:31pm in Parenting
- Mothering's Father's Day Contest Last post on 6/26/12 at 8:28am in Parenting
- Dads and Co-Sleeping Last post on 5/26/13 at 3:51pm in Co-sleeping and the Family Bed
Attachment Parenting Isn't Just For Mom
Last edited: 11/13/12
- Real Men Wear Skirts, Change Diapers, Don't Smoke?Last edited: 3/20/13
- Thirteenth Way for Dads to Change the World: Embrace Mixed DominanceLast edited: 3/30/13
- Eleventh Way for Dads to Change the World: Play video games with...Last edited: 3/30/13
- Tenth Way for Dads to Change the World: Be a Voice of Sanity in SportsLast edited: 3/30/13 More ›
- topicFatherstagged by mamazee, 3/31/13
Alphabetical Article List
Yee Haw! Father's Day Media Round-Up
- Real Men Wear Skirts, Change Diapers, Don't Smoke?
Currently, there are 1646 Active Users (117 Members and 1529 Guests)
- › girl name idea, can't end with a. 27 seconds ago
- › December Chat 3 minutes ago
- › Fabulous Forty Somethings TTC! 9 minutes ago
- › what to do when toddler loves a sexist movie? 10 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ December 2013 10 minutes ago
- › December Spend-Less Challenge: Let's Fill Our Stockings with... 15 minutes ago
- › The "Progressing / Positive / Impending / I'm in Labor" Thread 20 minutes ago
- › I will never forgive myself, how to get through this? 22 minutes ago
- › Pos HPT at 8dpo and progressing but AF date is looming. Advice and... 25 minutes ago
- › When will you tell your little ones about the pregnancy? 27 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Should You Care About the Photo of Gisele... by Brian Leaf
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Monica S
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo