Better Fathers: Courtesy of the Sexual Revolution: "Little attention has been paid to the impact that women's liberation has had on men. The unacknowledged truth is that men have been transformed too. Today, men have more freedom, flexibility and choices -- in the most meaningful ways."
When Mom and Dad Share It All: "Gender should not determine the division of labor at home. Its a message consistent with nearly every major social trend of the past three decades women entering the work force, equality between the sexes, the need for two incomes to pay the bills, even courts that favor shared custody after divorce. And it is what many would agree is fair, even ideal. Yet it is anything but the norm."
How to Reclaim Father's Day from Ties and Work: "Remind yourself and others that parenting does not equal mothering..."
Moms show dads how to get back into work: "The good news seems to be that gaps on CVs are now so common as to be the norm, recruiters and consultants in the US say. The bad news? Yes, there is, if youre a man."
First-time dads have a few more gray hairs: "I've interviewed many people who became parents in their 30s and 40s who said that parenthood revealed to them how selfish and silly they had been in their teens and 20s - and I think that definitely applies to me."
When moms criticize, dads back off of baby care: "Both partners have moments of uncertainty over making the right decision for their child. But it may be that some dads need a little extra cheerleading is because, culturally, the father's role in caring for an infant isn't as well-defined as the mother's."
Gay Unions Shed Light on Gender in Marriage: "A growing body of evidence shows that same-sex couples have a great deal to teach everyone else about marriage and relationships."
My life as a stay-at-home dad: "One day I noticed something different. I wasn't depressed. I wasn't bored. I was a dad. I don't know when it happened or why. Perhaps, I just needed time to adjust to the new me, the stay-at-home dad."
Obama's Father's Day Speech: "He did it in front of a black crowd, and it was the right thing to say. But reporters need to stop acting like this dude is the only civilized black man in the world."
Related Forum Threads
- looking for a good book (or two) for my DH about raising girls Last post on 7/29/13 at 5:11am in Parenting
- Here's something different: single dad Last post on 11/28/13 at 3:58am in Single Parenting
- Best Gift Ideas For Father On Father's Day Last post on 5/18/13 at 8:31pm in Parenting
- Mothering's Father's Day Contest Last post on 6/26/12 at 8:28am in Parenting
- Dads and Co-Sleeping Last post on 5/26/13 at 3:51pm in Co-sleeping and the Family Bed
Fathering in America
Last edited: 1/7/14
- Attachment Parenting Isn't Just For MomLast edited: 11/13/12
- Real Men Wear Skirts, Change Diapers, Don't Smoke?Last edited: 3/20/13
- Thirteenth Way for Dads to Change the World: Embrace Mixed DominanceLast edited: 3/30/13
- Eleventh Way for Dads to Change the World: Play video games with...Last edited: 3/30/13 More ›
- topicFatherstagged by mamazee, 3/31/13
Alphabetical Article List
Yee Haw! Father's Day Media Round-Up
- Attachment Parenting Isn't Just For Mom
Currently, there are 2005 Active Users (74 Members and 1931 Guests)
- › What does everyone do for income? 9 minutes ago
- › October 2014 Roll Call 11 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 11 minutes ago
- › 8 week Healthy Weight Loss Challenge version 14 (starts March 3,... 13 minutes ago
- › Grief during pregnancy 22 minutes ago
- › Natural Sinus Relief? 24 minutes ago
- › upsetting appointment 24 minutes ago
- › the FB group is here 25 minutes ago
- › 12 year old boy is weepy. Causes? 31 minutes ago
- › When can I expect much more regular and consistent/frequent... 31 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild