Attachment Parenting Isn't Just For Mom
Edited on 11/13/12
- Real Men Wear Skirts, Change Diapers, Don't Smoke?Edited on 3/20/13
- Thirteenth Way for Dads to Change the World: Embrace Mixed DominanceEdited on 3/30/13
- Eleventh Way for Dads to Change the World: Play video games with...Edited on 3/30/13
- Tenth Way for Dads to Change the World: Be a Voice of Sanity in SportsEdited on 3/30/13 More ›
Alphabetical Article List
Yee Haw! Father's Day Media Round-Up
Better Fathers: Courtesy of the Sexual Revolution: "Little attention has been paid to the impact that women's liberation has had on men. The unacknowledged truth is that men have been transformed too. Today, men have more freedom, flexibility and choices -- in the most meaningful ways."
When Mom and Dad Share It All: "Gender should not determine the division of labor at home. Its a message consistent with nearly every major social trend of the past three decades women entering the work force, equality between the sexes, the need for two incomes to pay the bills, even courts that favor shared custody after divorce. And it is what many would agree is fair, even ideal. Yet it is anything but the norm."
How to Reclaim Father's Day from Ties and Work: "Remind yourself and others that parenting does not equal mothering..."
Moms show dads how to get back into work: "The good news seems to be that gaps on CVs are now so common as to be the norm, recruiters and consultants in the US say. The bad news? Yes, there is, if youre a man."
First-time dads have a few more gray hairs: "I've interviewed many people who became parents in their 30s and 40s who said that parenthood revealed to them how selfish and silly they had been in their teens and 20s - and I think that definitely applies to me."
When moms criticize, dads back off of baby care: "Both partners have moments of uncertainty over making the right decision for their child. But it may be that some dads need a little extra cheerleading is because, culturally, the father's role in caring for an infant isn't as well-defined as the mother's."
Gay Unions Shed Light on Gender in Marriage: "A growing body of evidence shows that same-sex couples have a great deal to teach everyone else about marriage and relationships."
My life as a stay-at-home dad: "One day I noticed something different. I wasn't depressed. I wasn't bored. I was a dad. I don't know when it happened or why. Perhaps, I just needed time to adjust to the new me, the stay-at-home dad."
Obama's Father's Day Speech: "He did it in front of a black crowd, and it was the right thing to say. But reporters need to stop acting like this dude is the only civilized black man in the world."
- Real Men Wear Skirts, Change Diapers, Don't Smoke?
- › May the road rise up to meet you, Dingoes everywhere! 3 minutes ago
- › - test result, late period, home birth questions 5 minutes ago
- › Grimm's Birthday Ring, 12 hole blue-green 7 minutes ago
- › Grimm's Birthday Ring, 16 hole multi-coloured 8 minutes ago
- › Update on My marriage 9 minutes ago
- › Grimm's Birthday Ring, 16 hole multi-coloured 13 minutes ago
- › Grimm's Birthday Ring, 12 hole blue-green 16 minutes ago
- › ~Weekly Chat Thread for May 17th-May 23~ 25 minutes ago
- › 10-15 Minute Cleaning Sessions (New Thread) 34 minutes ago
- › ~~~~2013 Low Income Support Thread~~~~ 35 minutes ago
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Seal N Go Breast Milk Freezer Disposable Liners - 25 / Pack by KaliShanti
- › Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags by KaliShanti
- › Lansinoh 20435 Breastmilk Storage Bags, 25-Count Boxes (Pack of 3) by KaliShanti
- › Medela Pump and Save Storage Bags- 20-count by KaliShanti
- › Philips AVENT ISIS Manual Breast Pump, White by KaliShanti
- › Ameda Purely Yours Ultra Breast Pump by KaliShanti
- › Philips AVENT BPA Free Natural Polypropylene Bottles by KaliShanti
- › Gilligan & O'Malley® Womens Full Sling Long Nursing Tank by KaliShanti
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by VKHarberRYT
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo