Mothering Forum banner

Mamas who got pregnant after twins

5K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  lexbeach 
#1 ·
For those of you who got pregnant after your set of twins, did you measure ahead with your next pregnancy? If so, how far ahead? I am just wondering if it is common to measure ahead because we got so stretched out? I am pregnant again but I haven't been measured yet. Just curious!

See less See more
#2 ·
I measured pretty big early on with my pregnancy after my first twins, but the girls were only 4 months old when I got pregnant, making the three only 13 months apart, so I guess you would need to take that into consideration. Then it slowed as the pregnancy went on and I was not measuring as big at around six months.

And then my next pregnancy, yes...I measured big - but they turned out to be twins!

#3 ·
I'm pg with my 4th baby but 1st pregnancy after my twins. There's a 4 1/2 year gap between when they were born and this pregnancy though. I'm measuring right on for a singleton pregnancy and have been since the beginning. But, of course, it could very much have to do with the fact that there is a big gap between pregnancies. I thought FOR SURE I'd be/look bigger after having my girls (I carried them to 38w3d and measured 52 cm's!) but I actually look pretty small.

Congrats on your new pregnancy, by the way.

#5 ·
Thanks, mamas. For those of you who did measure ahead, do you remember by how much? I have my first appt. this Tuesday at 10.5 weeks so I will have more details then. To me I seem to be looking big but I figure it is just because my stomach muscles are so stretched out. I have suspected twins from the beginning, but probably just because I had fraternals last time. I haven't had severe m/s like I did last time so that is one big thing that makes me think it is probably just one. I just want to know!
I am horrible at measuring my own fundal height, which is frustrating.

#6 ·
I measured ahead, especially in the beginning, I dont know how much for sure but then slowed way down to the point of regular singleton. At 14 weeks with the boys my uterus was heading past my belly button this time around I am 19ish and still there. Also the big difference was with the boys my uterus was very wide, from side to side and with this one it is the more typical oval.

May you get whatever you are hoping for

#12 ·
I measure anywhere from 3-7 weeks ahead....and there is only 1 in there. I dont know where I am now...will find out in 10 days, but I weigh as much now and am as big now as when I delivered my twins at 32 weeks...and I am 28 now....so my guess is around 4 weeks ahead right now.

#13 ·
I wasn't so much bigger in the beginning, but the last trimester I have been HUGE (they don't do measurements here, but I had to go to L&D at 33 weeks and I was bigger than a lot of the women in the intake room who were delievering). Also be warned that towards the end the little bugger might give you a heart attach. My womb was so nice and roomy Rivka didn't see fit to turn headdown until almost 39 weeks, and this little stinker is still all over the place at almost 35 weeks.

#17 ·
I measured big all along with my post-twins singleton. It started out just 3 cm ahead, and by then end I was nearly as big as I'd been with my twins (48 cm at 40 weeks with my singleton vs. 53 cm at 38 weeks with twins). My singleton was huge (10 lbs., 9.5 oz) and I had a lot of extra amniotic fluid. The movements were really intense (and hurt!) with my singleton because he had so much room to move around.

Congrats!

Lex

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.