Mothering Forum banner

I know this is very soon to be asking....

2K views 43 replies 37 participants last post by  Elsaraw 
#1 ·
but who is done having babies and who is gonna try for more (of course not any time soon) I am trying to talk DH into having one more but I think he is scared to death it will be another girl
If guaranteed it will be a boy he would have another in a hearbeat. I don't know ,I just miss and love being pregnant
Well... minus the last few months of pregnancy, for me anyway

See less See more
#2 ·
I thought I was done, and so did DH. As I really do hate being pregnant. But 5 min after Avye was born, dh looks at me and says "That was easy, lets do it again." And the crazy part was I said "ok".
So we aren't done, but we aren't going to have them so close together next time. In a perfect world I would like to wait 2 years and then get pregnant and then after having that one have another one really close afterwards. But I don't know if I can convince dh to go for a fourth so if thats the case I want the next one soon.

#4 ·
I will never intentionally have kids this close together again (26 mos.) Maybe in another 3-4-5 years I could consider a pregnancy. Maybe. I'd love for my DD to have a sister but pregnancies and post-partum are very hard on me, and thus my family. The tricky part is that we're Catholic so we only use NFP... And I'm only 26, so odds are decent that within the next 15 years there will be a screw up, pun intended!

#6 ·
We will for sure be having more, I would say at least 2 more if possible. the next one will be a little more planned (this one was a shocker) but it will surely be shortly, my dh is older and the joke is that he is going to have to start freezing his sperm. Luckily I seem to be very fertile, so we should be set.

#8 ·
DH and I already agreed we'd like to start trying around the middle of 2010. Gives us plenty of time to save for the midwife and an even bigger car. Mom-mobile here we come! lol

Plus I hope I won't have to tandem nurse next time. As much as I love giving my babies the best, boy do I hate nursing while pregnant. Whatever happens, happens I guess. So we'll see!

#9 ·
Arwyn is baby #5. i'm only 26, so i'm game for more

as far as timing, we will see. none of ours were planned. we just let it happen, i like it that way.
we've never used birth control since we've been married, not for any religious reason or anything, i wont take the pills because of big risk factors for me, and we just never saw a reason to. Each baby has come at just a perfect time.
we've never had a set number in mind. DH and i both agree that we will just *know* when we are done.
so many people are against us. most people we know have this "2.5 kids and be done" philosophy.
i love having a big family. maybe its because i was so lonely growing up as an only child. but i'm pretty happy

#10 ·
DH says we are done. I feel done right now but I can't guarantee in 5 years that I won't want more. I originally wanted 6, so 2 seems like so little to me! But I can barely keep up with them now, and I really don't want to be pregnant again. Maybe adopting an older child? We'll see.
Dh wants to get snipped. I am really against that but don't want another "oops" baby either.

#12 ·
I definitely want another baby! I've always wanted three, but having such a great homebirht seals the deal. Then again if Zara is as mouthy as Paige is, maybe two will be enough. I feel like I'm in over my head with the five yr old most days. I really don't feel done yet though.

#13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nursingmama05 View Post
DH and I already agreed we'd like to start trying around the middle of 2010. Gives us plenty of time to save for the midwife
: I've already decided I want a March 2011 babe
That will definitely be it, though. I've always only wanted one and DH has always wanted three, so two is our compromise.

#14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by bumblebeej View Post
i'm 33+5 kids= im finished

i wouldve lovd more, cept my bod is wore out.

:

Except I'm 32 with 4 kids- but my body is totally worn out too! This pregnancy kicked my
!! But if the opportunity ever arose, and finances were good- I would adopt again in a heartbeat! I looooove my adopted boy!
The adoption of my son was not handled by an 'agency' though- he is my dear x-husbands son from a previous relationship- his biological Mom became a heroin addict when he was 1-
and his Dad just wasn't cut out to care for him on his own- so he gladly turned him over to me- and happily left him with me when we divorced. (x-DH and I are still good friends!
)
I don't think an agency would let us adopt- us being crazy punk hippie homeschooling rockstars and all.
But I would if I could...
btw- x-DH is Dad to my 3 older kids. He plays keyboards with my Daughter and I in our band, and he gets along with James.
Ugh- sorry to spill my guts all over your thread!

#17 ·
My husband and I agreed from the beginning on three children, but after this pregnancy and birth, I'm not sure we'll have more than two. The clotting issues during pregnancy are a big reason, but also because I had the most amazing VBAC and I don't know that another birth could compare.
:

#18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sihaya View Post
: I've already decided I want a March 2011 babe
That will definitely be it, though. I've always only wanted one and DH has always wanted three, so two is our compromise.
HAHA! Maybe well share a DDC again! I was hoping April or May 2011 Ihave to have a baby when it warm out. No more of this winter stuff!

I'd like at LEAST 1 more, if it's twins that I won't have to talk DH into another one. lol

#20 ·
I would do it again right now if I could! Seriously, I loved being pregnant, and I loved my birth! But, being single, time and money are tight. Plus, I'm a senior citizen at almost 38 compared to most of you ladies, and it took me just over a year of inseminations to get pregnant this time, so I think this one little miracle may be it for me. I'm definitely open to doing it again if my circumstances change though.

#21 ·
Aaron and I decided a few months ago that we want at least one more, and we've talked about it casually a few times since then. I told my mom that and she said, "That's great, but maybe you should consider getting married before you have another baby?"
The whole experience, from pregnancy to birth to post-partum, has been incredibly positive and really ridiculously easy on me. But I think being pregnant or having a newborn with a toddler underfoot would be biting off more than I care to chew. I'm 28 and Aaron's 31, so I figure we have a little bit of time and aren't in a huge rush. I'd like to start TTC when Cyrus is 3 or so, I guess in late 2010 or early 2011.
It took us one screw-up and a bottle of bourbon to get pregnant, so I think we're pretty fertile.

#22 ·
Uh... we'll have another whenever Aubrey is ready?

We're absolutely in for trying for another, but I think we're going to wait a few years... I need to get my feet under me career-wise, and DH needs to go back to school because I don't want to be the primary wage earner next time I'm pregnant.

It's funny, I had to talk DH into agreeing to 3 kids when we were talking about famikly size before we were married. Now he's the one who is feeling like he might not be done after three after all! We've agreed to reevaluate after the third baby is 1, but I think a lot will depend on how hard it is to TTC that babe, since i'll be 35-ish by that point. We shall see.

#24 ·
DH and I just today were talking about this. Not anytime soon, but like 2010-11 if we can find another place this would hold possibly 4 boys I think we'd be game. We are 25 and 28 so we've got time to decide.

#25 ·
this shop is closed!

although i would love to have maybe one more, dh & i have decided that 2 is perfect for us. we live in an expensive city, and a third would mean a lot of changes that require lots of money (housing, car, education).

i'll be sad not to be pg again, but who could beat this DDC? any other would pale in comparison!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.