Mothering Forum banner

fisher price safe voyage

833 views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  mom2PJS 
#1 ·
its a good carseat, right? i seem to remember seeing it recommended here. we're getting ready to buy ds a convertable, and as much as i want a boulevard, we just cant afford one, much less two.... and i saw the safe voyages on sale

See less See more
#4 ·
We have several of these for grandparents cars and they are pretty nice. The latch is much harder than Britax and it can be a little harder to install and get a nice angle, but they are very similar besides that to the Marathon. The only other thing is the padding isn't quite as lush, so if your child was going to do lots of long road trips, they may not be as comfy as in a Marathon or something in that range. My kids have no complaints, though.

#5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by an_aurora View Post
It is a nice seat. I'm not recommending it any longer, simply because it has been discontinued. Since they stopped making it pretty recently, you will still be able to get a recent DOM (and they will be cheap!).
:
I have one. I've washed the cover twice and it is pilling up already. Since they're not making the seat anymore you can't get parts or covers at all or at least not as readily as a seat that is in production. It is a PIA to change from RF to FF which we do on flights then change back at our destination... which I don't like.
But I think if you can hold out for the Britax sale Feb 24- March 2 you'll get a great deal on a seat that isn't discontinued.

#6 ·
where is the britax going to be on sale? i hadnt heard about it. do you know what the prices will be like? ds is only (almost) 4 months so we dont need the seat right away, just wanted to get it when we had the extra money

#7 ·
I was just coming to ask this question myself.... I picked up one today at Baby Depot for $69.99 (reg $179.99) ... but they aren't going to be making them anymore, huh? Well I guess at the price I paid even if I only got a few years out of it that's not too bad, huh? I like that it's up to 55lbs (my 9m old is 22lbs now) and it looks roomy.

#8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ashleyhaugh View Post
where is the britax going to be on sale? i hadnt heard about it. do you know what the prices will be like? ds is only (almost) 4 months so we dont need the seat right away, just wanted to get it when we had the extra money

Good question. Online retailers for sure so tiny ride and albeebaby and amazon I would think. Not too sure about BRU or Baby Depot "real stores" If you can find a Safe Voyage for $70 I'd jump on it, but if you're going to pay $130 I'd guess you'd be able to pick up a Boulevard/ Deathalon/ Marathon for around $200.. maybe less. For that you get another 10 pounds of harness use, a rear facing tether and a slightly easier to adjust/ cushier seat. I want to say that I saw them $200 last Feb... But I'd bought mine in Dec.... Drat. so I don't exactly remember.

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by amj'smommy View Post
I was just coming to ask this question myself.... I picked up one today at Baby Depot for $69.99 (reg $179.99) ... but they aren't going to be making them anymore, huh? Well I guess at the price I paid even if I only got a few years out of it that's not too bad, huh? I like that it's up to 55lbs (my 9m old is 22lbs now) and it looks roomy.
You definitely got a good deal

#12 ·
I would look at the Evenflo Triumph Advance instead of the FPSV.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amj'smommy View Post
I would've bought one for that price and my DH would've killed me. lol

#13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by thepeach80 View Post
I would look at the Evenflo Triumph Advance instead of the FPSV.

I would've bought one for that price and my DH would've killed me. lol
$70... Me too. I think I'll check our Baby Depot on Sat... But he'll kill me... 2 cars, 1 baby and 5 seats LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.