Mothering Forum banner

APRIL 2007 Mamas - It's February Already?

16K views 716 replies 27 participants last post by  MaxiMom 
#1 ·
Yowza, it's time for a new thread! Sweet Scarlet is sleeping and Max is watching Bob the Builder
:, now I can sweep the floor!

Max turns 4 this month, can't believe it.

See less See more
#383 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
the first? I don't think there has been anyone else.

And what is wrong with cheese names?
I know several boys named Colby.

And then there is Swiss, Muenster, American, Velveeta (I live in the midwest so that counts as cheese here.)

yes...that's what i meant.

#384 ·
I've been lurking a little here and there, but I never have time to sit down and post. Plus, nuthin' much going on here. Hhmmm...let's see...Scout is just a pleasant baby to be around. This stage is so much fun! I love watching her figure things out. I'm not sure what the normal age for figuring out "puzzles" is, but it really surprised me when she put the little circle shaped block into the circle shaped slot on another block. And then she kept doing it, so I realized that it wasn't a fluke. (The moon and heart shapes are a little advanced for her, though
)

Well, she's tugging at my pant leg, wanting me to play with her, so I've gotta go. I'll be back later, though. I know I've missed a few pages. Gotta go back and catch up. Miss you, mommas!

#385 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
Ok- I just found out that photobucket deleted on of my photos of a painting I was working on of birth- because it showed a boob! Holy censorship!
that's awful! especially when i'm sure there are far worse things on photobucket than a little birth boobage shot.

#386 ·
Hey Kewpie-o! Haven't heard from you in awhile-it seems so many are lurking. Hey you lurkers- we see you out there!

Kris- have you seen the 'wall of shame' on ds? I still can't believe you were banned. I think that's so dumb. I wonder if my pm was ever received.
Evangeline is obsessed with her tongue. Now she sticks it out and wags it back and forth. All the time. Sometimes she raises an eyebrow while she's doing it. It's too funny.
She has a huge appetite right now. She gobbles up anything I give her. It's funny how kids' appetites ebb and flow, eh? Last week/month she wasn't so hungry, now Axel's being picky and not eating too much, but she seems famished. Oh, I know, it's becuase I'm not nursing her enough.

Soooo doudat, what are youuu doing right now???

#387 ·
I don't know Hanno- babies can be contagious.....you better watch out!!! Seriously though, both babies are so sweet!!!!!!

I forgot to mention that Johnny said "Mama" for the first time a couple days ago...and has said it a couple times a day since - it seems on purpose because he reaches for me when he says it - I love it! My dad was also going crazy tonight because Johnny looked at him and said "Dada"
then he spent the rest of the evening trying to get Johnny to say "Granddad"

How our your LOs eating? I am worried that Johnny could be overeating. He really seems hungry if he doesn't get solids, and he does hit a point when he will stop eating - but sometimes he eats way more than I think he should eat. He is also getting picky about what foods he likes and what he doesn't like..our pediatrician said not to worry if he is eating "balanced" meals, but I still feel like he should have a reasonably well rounded diet. I do NOT think he is breastfeeding any less though luckily, so I guess I shouldn't be over concerned. I just worry about him getting eating disorders or something later in life or becoming obese or something...I'm probably being a totally irrational first time mom though!

#388 ·
Hi ladies! I've been lurking this whole time
, but I don't get a lot of time to actually type anything, especially since I seem to be on a knitting frenzy! Today I actually hand-dyed my own yarn

Poor Arlo has been forgetting that he can't actually walk, so he lets go of stuff and then falls on his face! He did stand by himself for a moment today so it won't be long now. I think he'll be walking before Finn did. He was well over a year (it didn't help that he fell down some stairs and broke his leg
yes I am the worst mother ever!!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hanno View Post
I would need sex and AF
for that to happen!

It seems that there is at least nothing wrong with him so we've decided to not get all the bloodwork that the doctor and nurse practitioner want. I'm afraid to seem like a flake for not doing them but I see no reason for causing pain and upset on a kid who is perfectly fine.

krismarie- can I go to Kaylo's party?? sounds like fun!
I'm glad your feeling good about Ion's health and growth. Obviously he is way ahead in the milestones department!! Honestly, that is the reason I avoid wbvs. I'm thinking of taking Arlo in soon, but I know my doc is going to say something about his weight. He's small, I have small kids, dp and I aren't very big
: but it still stresses me out to hear a doctor say he's not big enough.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hanno View Post
!!!!!
adorable!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
cake

cookies

My boy
Wow! Yummy and what a cute little guy!

Quote:

Ok- I just found out that photobucket deleted on of my photos of a painting I was working on of birth- because it showed a boob! Holy censorship!
That's ridiculous! Can they actually do that??

#390 ·
Also, Finn is driving me nuts these days...seriously...but he is pooping on the toilet which is awesome. I am so happy to only have one in diapers!
:

kewpie
: I've been wondering about you and your little Scout...glad to hear from you

#391 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by LilMomma83 View Post
Hey!! lol

Oh funny you said she's eating so much! I am feeling better already
I've been worrying that Arlo isn't eating enough, so there you go! You can't win

I have to remind myself, as long as they are nursing well, they can probably eat as little or as much as they want for now. It is, after all, mostly practice still...

#393 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by LilMomma83 View Post
Hey!! lol

Oh funny you said she's eating so much! I am feeling better already
good! I sometimes begin to second guess things that I know are fine, and I just remind myself, 'yep, it's fine'.

Eva eats a lot of fruit and veggies- with a bit of dairy, a bit of meat, and a little grain. She's not crazy about bread, so I'm a bit stumped on how to get more whole grains into her- the pasta we eat is white, and rice occaisionally.

Quote:

Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
Hi ladies! I've been lurking this whole time
, but I don't get a lot of time to actually type anything, especially since I seem to be on a knitting frenzy! Today I actually hand-dyed my own yarn
See, I knew it!
I think he'll be walking before Finn did. He was well over a year (it didn't help that he fell down some stairs and broke his leg
yes I am the worst mother ever!!)
Evangeline too- exactly! (except in her turtle way, and Arlo I'm sure in his spritely way. She's trying to stand, but she sure doesn't fall on her face- she gets her bottom down to balance and just lands with a thud. Axel walked right after he hit a year.
I'm thinking of taking Arlo in soon, but I know my doc is going to say something about his weight. He's small, I have small kids, dp and I aren't very big
: but it still stresses me out to hear a doctor say he's not big enough.
Ya, but he's totally fine and normal and cute. It takes a whole range to make an average, right?

That's ridiculous! Can they actually do that??
Apparantly! It's just so bizarre b/c people have sent me nudity for the project, and I have my actual birth pics on there- but they deleted a painting (half finished) and it wasn't even clear!

#394 ·
Quote:

Ok guys- be honest, am I scaring everyone away!? It seems every second post is ME!
Where IS everyone!?

Well, now it seems I have scared everyone away!
: Off to bed with me I guess...

#396 ·
lol- nope- still me! but I should be going off too- I have to put Eva down and I;m pretty sure she's sleeping in a wet poopy diaper, poor thing. Sometimes dh's are pretty useless
. Tonight he called them my cloth diapers.

A

#397 ·
Quote:

Queen! You've got a senior title!!! how did you do that??
:
I was waiting for someone to notice! Do you like it? I was quite proud of myself
(like it's so original!)
All you have to do is pm your request to abimommy. But, be sure about it b/c it costs 2.50 to change it.

#398 ·
Quote:

lol- nope- still me! but I should be going off too- I have to put Eva down and I;m pretty sure she's sleeping in a wet poopy diaper, poor thing. Sometimes dh's are pretty useless
. Tonight he called them my cloth diapers.

A
I know, one day I left to do something and when I came back Arlo was still in the same diaper that he had before he had a nap...geesh...

Quote:

:
I was waiting for someone to notice! Do you like it? I was quite proud of myself
(like it's so original!)
All you have to do is pm your request to abimommy. But, be sure about it b/c it costs 2.50 to change it.
I love it! I need someone to come up with something witty for me. I'm terrible at that...
A

#400 ·
'night!
we all will work on the witty thing- that's me and everyone else who's lurking now.
: because I'm sooo witty!

Sigh. I should go down and see Axel, because I'm sure he's peed the bed by now- insisting that he wouldn't and didn't need the pull up tonight. It was Monday night when I was at the movie when he said to Chad, 'daddy, I am a big boy now, and I don't need my pull up tonight. I won't pee, I promise' Big sucker was convinced. Of course it was me who woke him up, stripped his bed and changed his sopping clothes at 1am. I think I already shared that. My sr title should be 'brain left with placenta'.
A

#401 ·
Just finished our belated Valentine's meal... Dh prepared fondue and it was soooo yummy!! We even had a little "date" beforehand
It had been a long time!! So we had a great weekend
:

Romi is so crusty and gross from the cold, she won't let me get anywhere near her nose, poor thing. But she's a trooper! Speaking of eating, she started off on solids with a vengeance but has turned into a real picky eater. She refuses a lot of the veggies/fruits and prefers bread
: Her fave is raisin bread toasted.

Finnsmama: I never go to the cinema. I'll have to wait for the dvd release.

Queen: geez, Photobucket sucks, switch to Flickr. What prudes!

Romi is letting out preliminary little yelps, so I've got to go get ready to bed now - yawn.

#402 ·
One last thing before I sign off too- any other nursers out there whos nursee is rather 'rude' while she dines? Evangeline loves to play with my hair, pull or stroke my bangs, or just finger my ponytail. If I'm wearing earings she likes to play with them too. That's fine. But if I'm looking the wrong way, or she wants to turn my head she'll grab my face, push it roughly, pinch me or scratch at me or hit me until I do turn the way she wants. I suppose I've 'allowed' it by often bending so she can pull my bangs. But the last few times I've gotten so fed up with her pinching my face (she obviously doesn't know) that I've grabbed her hand and just held it firmly by her side. She looks at me out of the corner of her eye, like...what?
Oh, two last things. Diaper changes. Hell? She cries every time. She will not lay still for a second, rolling over and sitting up immediately. No distractions work, not toys, songs, someone else. It's a fight every time. Changing her sitting up? Ya right. Bare bum for the rest of the day- getting closer!! (then what would I do with all my pretty dipes??
)

Ok- I'm gone!!!
goodnight!!

#403 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by doudat View Post
Just finished our belated Valentine's meal... Dh prepared fondue and it was soooo yummy!! We even had a little "date" beforehand
:

haha!
how'd I know?? guess I have that spidey sense!

Glad you guys enjoyed yourselves!

#404 ·
Quote:

Also, Finn is driving me nuts these days...seriously...but he is pooping on the toilet which is awesome. I am so happy to only have one in diapers!
:

kewpie
: I've been wondering about you and your little Scout...glad to hear from you

Yay for Finn! Max is FINALLY pooping on the potty. The deal sealer? A new red bike for his birthday, thank goodness something worked!

to kewpie, too.

Quote:

I've been worrying that Arlo isn't eating enough, so there you go! You can't win

I have to remind myself, as long as they are nursing well, they can probably eat as little or as much as they want for now. It is, after all, mostly practice still...
Yeah, I wish Scarlet was eating a bit more, but she can take it or leave it usually. Especially now that she's so easily distracted while nursing and bites sometimes.
:

Quote:

I know, one day I left to do something and when I came back Arlo was still in the same diaper that he had before he had a nap...geesh...

A
At least you can leave the house without the babe. Scarlet would cry at the front door the whole time - can we say, separation anxiety?

Quote:

'night!
we all will work on the witty thing- that's me and everyone else who's lurking now.
: because I'm sooo witty!

Sigh. I should go down and see Axel, because I'm sure he's peed the bed by now- insisting that he wouldn't and didn't need the pull up tonight. It was Monday night when I was at the movie when he said to Chad, 'daddy, I am a big boy now, and I don't need my pull up tonight. I won't pee, I promise' Big sucker was convinced. Of course it was me who woke him up, stripped his bed and changed his sopping clothes at 1am. I think I already shared that. My sr title should be 'brain left with placenta'.
A
It's always us doing the work!

Quote:

Originally Posted by doudat View Post
:

Ooo La La!

Finnsmama: I never go to the cinema. I'll have to wait for the dvd release.

Me, too.

Queen: geez, Photobucket sucks, switch to Flickr. What prudes!

Romi is letting out preliminary little yelps, so I've got to go get ready to bed now - yawn.
You'll sleep well tonight!

Quote:

One last thing before I sign off too- any other nursers out there whos nursee is rather 'rude' while she dines? Evangeline loves to play with my hair, pull or stroke my bangs, or just finger my ponytail. If I'm wearing earings she likes to play with them too. That's fine. But if I'm looking the wrong way, or she wants to turn my head she'll grab my face, push it roughly, pinch me or scratch at me or hit me until I do turn the way she wants. I suppose I've 'allowed' it by often bending so she can pull my bangs. But the last few times I've gotten so fed up with her pinching my face (she obviously doesn't know) that I've grabbed her hand and just held it firmly by her side. She looks at me out of the corner of her eye, like...what?
Oh, two last things. Diaper changes. Hell? She cries every time. She will not lay still for a second, rolling over and sitting up immediately. No distractions work, not toys, songs, someone else. It's a fight every time. Changing her sitting up? Ya right. Bare bum for the rest of the day- getting closer!! (then what would I do with all my pretty dipes??
)

Ok- I'm gone!!!
goodnight!!
Scarlet rolls over and crawls away from the diapers, would love to be naked the whole time, I'm sure. Exact opposite of Max. That's my girl! Anyway, she cries,too and I'm often wrestling her to get them on.

Holy quotes! Good night!

#406 ·
doudat--congrats on the date
hope romi feels better soon!

queen-- i hadn't noticed your senior title--cute! i can't come up with one for me.
i stink at that. and yes, i've seen the wall of shame. the thing that really bothers me is that, according to their own rules, you are supposed to get 5 strikes even with spam. grrr. and they didn't respond to you or me. oh well, that's why i'm back on there--it's like my way of "getting back" and i'm trying to rack up some good feedback this time and all.

finnsmama--i want to see pics of your yarn!

lilmomma-- i don't really worry about overeating--b/c as others have said--it always seems to change. i think being relaxed is a good thing--you want them to have a healthy relationship with food.
and at this point in their lives, they really function on what they know best--zenon will have days he eats and nurses a lot and days he doesn't. even kaylo is still good at staying away from food if he is getting sick...so if he is avoiding eating for a day, i just let it go and usually he'll have a cold the next day--it's kinda neat...he can still "listen" to his body.

maximom--a bribe-maybe that's what it will take.

my family is here and kaylo's bday is today...it should be fun!

#407 ·
Quote:

:
Isn't it amazing when they poop in the toilet?? It's the most glorious thing in the world!!!! Liam"s diapers were so gross at the end, I was just so ready for him to potty train. It's liberating!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.