Mothering Forum banner

APRIL 2007 Mamas - It's February Already?

16K views 716 replies 27 participants last post by  MaxiMom 
#1 ·
Yowza, it's time for a new thread! Sweet Scarlet is sleeping and Max is watching Bob the Builder
:, now I can sweep the floor!

Max turns 4 this month, can't believe it.

See less See more
#435 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by hanno View Post
We sit in the same boat on this issue. Ion was 16 lbs even at 9 months. The more I try to feed him, the more he pitches it on the floor or hands it to the dog- like he can sense my stress. If I let him be, he'll eat more. Last night he ate 2 slices of sushi (without wasabi, of course) and he'll eat an entire pear or kiwi and half a banana or apple. He pees at least 12 times a day and poops 3-4.
I think we just have small kids.
Thanks! His weight doesn't really worry me until I think about how little he eats, plus, the reduction in the numbers of foods has worried me too.

#437 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShyDaisi View Post
Thanks! His weight doesn't really worry me until I think about how little he eats, plus, the reduction in the numbers of foods has worried me too.
Romi is the same with solids. She started off with a bang, eating everything in sight. Now she's become such a picky eater, it's ridiculous. She'll eat bread, some fruits and hardly any veggies. She's losing weight for sure cause I see her rolls, well, unrolling

It does worry me, but I try to step back, take a deep breath, and relax. We live in a society too concerned with measuring and it's hard to disconnect from that and just let our babies take the lead.

#440 ·
Weight: we're stuck at 19#. I have a baby scale at home that I put her on. she's wiggly so it can be tricky to get an accurate rate.

Sophia can be quite picky. I keep trying to feed her fruit, but she spits it out. She like the soup I made (the carrots and potatoes.) I tried boiling a potato and she would only touch it if I coated it in baby food squash.
:
We're having chili for supper tonight. I'm not sure if I'll let her have some or not. Maybe she'd go for it.

She nursed like a newborn last night (8, 11, 1, 3, 5, 8). And DH couldn't figure out why she napped from 10-1:30. Silly girl.

I look quite cute right now. E, C, and I played "beauty shop". I was the customer so I got my hair done. Lots of barettes. Lots. DH just laughed when he came home. I did paint their toenails and fingernails too.

Sophia just crawled away so I need to go find her. She will stand alone for a couple of seconds (if she doesn't realize what she is doing!)

#443 ·
Yay! what is it?

Speaking of pics, I'm totally trying to update my blog but don't have the pics yet. grr. Painting is going well- I didnt tell you Montanamama but I'm doing one of you!

A

#444 ·
So amusing diaper story for the night. My in-laws came up tonight to watch the baby, they come up every Tuesday night because DH and I have a Hindi class we're taking. It was canceled this week, but they came anyways since they haven't seen Desmond in two weeks (it was canceled last week because of weather). So DH and I went out for dinner while they watched Desmond, and it was so nice to go out and not have to worry about the small one's grabby hands while we ate. Anyways when we get back home I see Desmond is in his wool wrap, okay not a problem. So I comment, "Oh you put him in a cover." I was a bit surprised since they always just put on the fitted and no cover, since that is what we do at home anyways. DH hears me and goes to check to see if Desmond is wet in the diaper under the cover, and asks me for a new diaper, so Desmond can have one on. Oops, my in-laws thought the cover was a new bigger sized diaper, since it was a bit loose on him. Both DH and I were amused, it is an easy enough mistake to make since it does look a lot like his diapers (other then the fact it is wool).

In other news Desmond is consistently walking now, he started yesterday, but really picked up on it a lot today. I think we are officially calling him a walker now, he only crawls when he falls in the middle of the floor and can't stand up without something to help him. Eek he is getting so grown up.

#445 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post
So amusing diaper story for the night. My in-laws came up tonight to watch the baby, they come up every Tuesday night because DH and I have a Hindi class we're taking. It was canceled this week, but they came anyways since they haven't seen Desmond in two weeks (it was canceled last week because of weather). So DH and I went out for dinner while they watched Desmond, and it was so nice to go out and not have to worry about the small one's grabby hands while we ate. Anyways when we get back home I see Desmond is in his wool wrap, okay not a problem. So I comment, "Oh you put him in a cover." I was a bit surprised since they always just put on the fitted and no cover, since that is what we do at home anyways. DH hears me and goes to check to see if Desmond is wet in the diaper under the cover, and asks me for a new diaper, so Desmond can have one on. Oops, my in-laws thought the cover was a new bigger sized diaper, since it was a bit loose on him. Both DH and I were amused, it is an easy enough mistake to make since it does look a lot like his diapers (other then the fact it is wool).

In other news Desmond is consistently walking now, he started yesterday, but really picked up on it a lot today. I think we are officially calling him a walker now, he only crawls when he falls in the middle of the floor and can't stand up without something to help him. Eek he is getting so grown up.
Cute
Usually what happens with us is that daycare puts a cover over an AIO or a pocket because they can't tell the difference from those and a fitted

I got 2 stabunz...I know there is tons of cute dipes out there...but to ME these are adorable - one of them is a tiger and it has a tail
I just love it! When Johnny saw them (the other is a duckie) he started squealing and kissing at them like he does with my sister's pet rabbit
So so cute.

#446 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by LilMomma83 View Post
Cute
Usually what happens with us is that daycare puts a cover over an AIO or a pocket because they can't tell the difference from those and a fitted

I got 2 stabunz...I know there is tons of cute dipes out there...but to ME these are adorable - one of them is a tiger and it has a tail
I just love it! When Johnny saw them (the other is a duckie) he started squealing and kissing at them like he does with my sister's pet rabbit
So so cute.

OMG!!! hahaha HE has to wear them to LLL i wanna see them in person!!!

#447 ·
We are all FINALLY HEALTHY!!!! lol Caroline has her 9 month check up tomorrow ( she will be 10 mo next week, haha) she was 17lb 14oz at 7 months, i know she is thinning out all my kids do at this age, i am guessing MAYBE 19 lbs we shall see. she got 3 teeth while we had the horrible cold, which brought her up to 5 teeth, THEN they all had the pukes, and as soon as that was over this weekend i realized there are 3 MORE coming in!!! so 6 teeth in 3 weeks!!! i have to say she wasn't actually that fussy for these 3! but that makes her have 8 teeth!!!
she is barely eating food usually she sucks/ chews on it a while then spits it out, she does like cheerios and peas, she had cantlope the other day and a strawberry and enjoyed those very much! but she will go days where she doesn't eat at all just mommy milk! i am not worried at all because all my kids started tasting foods at 6 or so months but didn't really start EATING them till 9-12 months.

she can now stand up in the middle of the room with out anything to pull up on... i am kinda sad cause i know walking comes next!!!
our babies are way to big!!! only 2 months till one?? how is that?? i wanna cry!!!

i will let you all know how her well baby check goes tomorrow! she will only get one shot ( IPV, this time) anyway i am off to bed!
ohh i have a new pic for you i took today!

http://jacobsweb.org/gallery/album83/IMG_1433
and one from the other day, this is what she does while i am on my computer usually lol, gets in to my box of papers...
http://jacobsweb.org/gallery/album83/IMG_1398

and one of her getting off of her NEW PINK potty! hehe
http://jacobsweb.org/gallery/album83/IMG_1430

#448 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by UltimateSerj View Post
OMG!!! hahaha HE has to wear them to LLL i wanna see them in person!!!
That's EXACTLY what I thought
I thought 'hmm...I have to put him in nothing but a shirt (not a onesie) and baby legs to show it off' and I was so disapointed LLL is not this week!!!

#450 ·
Quote:

We are all FINALLY HEALTHY!!!!
Hooray!!!

she can now stand up in the middle of the room with out anything to pull up on... i am kinda sad cause i know walking comes next!!!
our babies are way to big!!! only 2 months till one?? how is that?? i wanna cry!!!

I think this, too. How can they be almost a year old?!

and one from the other day, this is what she does while i am on my computer usually lol, gets in to my box of papers...

She is so pretty, those eyes!

#451 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
Yay! what is it?

Speaking of pics, I'm totally trying to update my blog but don't have the pics yet. grr. Painting is going well- I didnt tell you Montanamama but I'm doing one of you!

A
You must post a photo when that one is done!!

#453 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post

that's funny!

Quote:

Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
um, I'm gonna show off for a second

yarn1
yarn2
soaker

I
: dyeing yarn!
wow, those are beautiful!! you should dye some to sell (....to me
)

#454 ·
Quote:

We are all FINALLY HEALTHY!!!! lol Caroline has her 9 month check up tomorrow ( she will be 10 mo next week, haha) she was 17lb 14oz at 7 months, i know she is thinning out all my kids do at this age, i am guessing MAYBE 19 lbs we shall see. she got 3 teeth while we had the horrible cold, which brought her up to 5 teeth, THEN they all had the pukes, and as soon as that was over this weekend i realized there are 3 MORE coming in!!! so 6 teeth in 3 weeks!!! i have to say she wasn't actually that fussy for these 3! but that makes her have 8 teeth!!!
she is barely eating food usually she sucks/ chews on it a while then spits it out, she does like cheerios and peas, she had cantlope the other day and a strawberry and enjoyed those very much! but she will go days where she doesn't eat at all just mommy milk! i am not worried at all because all my kids started tasting foods at 6 or so months but didn't really start EATING them till 9-12 months.

i will let you all know how her well baby check goes tomorrow! she will only get one shot ( IPV, this time) anyway i am off to bed!
ohh i have a new pic for you i took today!

i'm so glad you are all feeling healthy again! beautiful babe

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilMomma83 View Post
Ult- love the pics, Johnny does the same thing while I use the computer.

Here is a pic of Johnny and his cousin - they were pushing each other around in the walker; and a vid of him with my sister's bunny
what a little man! cute!

#455 ·
my family left last night
: but we had a fun little birthday for kaylo. i'll post pics sometime soon. my dad made both the boys beautiful "desks" (they are also large step stools...but they are perfect desks for kaylo's size now)... kaylo is very sad b/c meme (my mom) left and he also had a fever all night. he seems in good spirits so hopefully it will go away today.

#457 ·
newsflashes for the hanno house:

Ion has mastered his sigg bottle-
I hate the top because it's too 'nippley' and he sometimes wants to lay in our laps with it like nursing. He loves it so he wins. Maybe it can help end the crazy contorted nursing I have to do in the car so he will scream less.

We have gone family cloth-
And it is awesome and not gross.
I got some soft tshirt fabric and cut it up and we're converts, at least while we have to do diaper laundry anyway. Bonus, SIL said it's a million times more comfy for post-partumness.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.