A wipes warmer
A swiffer
A VCR player
Tupperware.

you go next

See less See more
#30 ·
Hmm. *looks around*

--Couscous. I bought it, turns out we don't like it. One day it may stave off starvation, but until then it's cluttering up my cupboard!
--Most of the attachments and blades on my food processor
--Ditto for my wand blender
--A few of my knives (which were very expensive, I might add, and I can't get rid of them because then my knife block would look all forlorn and drive me insane with its half-emptiness)
--Most of my clothes.
I can't breastfeed in ANY of my pretty dresses or most of my winter tops.
--Most of DD's way-too-big-already-and-she's-not-even-interested-in-toys-yet stuffed toy collection
--The creepy African drum with animal hair still on it that DH's grandfather bought, and therefore we have to keep, even though it gives me the heebies
--Approximately half our platters (we got a lot for our wedding)
--Quite a lot of fabric that's patiently awaiting the day I sew well enough not to destroy it
--One non-functioning printer
--Some cheapish jewelry I never wear
--Enough beauty products (free samples or won from competitions) to last me for... seriously, at least three or four years. More, for eyehadow, if you weren't supposed to chuck it out (then again, who does?).

#31 ·
for your knives, smokering!

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00136621

mount a magnetic strip on the kitchen wall, above the spot where you normally chop things. slap your favorite knives on there, and you can ditch both the unwanted knives AND the knife block. i'm totally doing it. do it with me!

i don't need:
my knife block
my steak knives
more than two cutting boards (a huge one and a very small one)
a set of mixing bowls, because i ALWAYS use my batter bowl
a pie plate, because i don't make pie
plastic containers
a set of crystal stemware
a crib
a nordic track (our entire outdoors is a nordic track 9 months a year!)
lots of toys
lots of clothes

#35 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
4 huge overflowing bins of outgrown kids' clothes. Took them to the Goodwill this weekend.

Ugh. See, that's what I need to do. We're drowning in clothes of all sizes. I think I have a hoarding problem when it comes to clothes. "But what if in three or four years Adam needs these jeans? What if he really likes this sweater?"

I'm ON IT.
<--- fierce face of determination

We don't need
A VCR
VHS movies
A bassinette
The ab roller thing and the mini trampoline
And the bazillion clothes that don't fit anyone

#38 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by doubledutch View Post
oh, you are so right - we need to ditch our vcr and tapes - but i want your mini-tramp!
I have no idea how I'd get rid of it without garnering a sea of protests... Dh got it for an easy, fun way to workout. (Guess how much it's been used for that???) He'd want to keep it in case one or both of us decided that we wanted to bounce 20 lbs away... and the kids. They love it. It's the most fun they can imagine. I've got it shoved in a closet now... I guess I could sneak it out. If I curb it I'll let you know!

#39 ·
Ok I will play!

Extra Pickup truck
:
Double Stroller
25 VHS Baby Einstein videos
Various unused bottles of cleaning crap
200 unread books
7 boxes of unused clothes that are waiting for DH to carry downstairs

Rusty old fish thing that will be turned into "art" one day

Unused desk chair
The scary stuff hidden in the back of my clost

#40 ·
I thought of some more...

EVERYTHING under my bed can go. It's old shoes that we don't wear, and books that I listed on paperbackswap.com but no one has seemed to want in over a year. And I definitely don't want them and don't even know how I got them.

Two spice racks.

A gigantic stuffed bear, it's as big as a human adult and sheds. Sorry, but what a horrible gift.

Stroller.

About a hundred boxes. Because "we might need them."

A computer monitor that we have not used, and have no conceivable use for.

#42 ·
I've got more:

A guitar
Dryer sheets
5000 assorted items that will make good rags

Two or three curling irons
Hot rollers
Umbrella stroller
A truck load of unused toys
Scrap carpet pieces
Tote bag type thingys

I will be back

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.