Mothering Forum banner

THE "Most random, 'huh?', strange craving you've ever had" THREAD

2K views 65 replies 44 participants last post by  scarlett8808 
#1 ·
What is the strangest, most random craving you've ever had and maybe a funny/interesting scenario that the craving occurred?

My husband and I were driving along (I was about 3 months along) and I suddenly, without warning or any kind of buildup to it said outloud, "BANANA CHIPS!"

(husband)

"Seriously, we must get banana chips. Pull into that Fred Meyer and let me go get some!"

So we did...and they were good.

What about you?

-Caitrin

See less See more
#3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by SFRosie View Post
Stove top stuffing. I haven't had the stuff since I was a kid but I had to have it. My husband and daughter watched me eat it in digust.

:

That's awesome.

-Caitrin

#4 ·
Wendy's fries with Burger King barbeque sauce. I think the last time I had Burger King bbq sauce I was 17 years old! But it was such a specific craving!
:

It was the most satisfying meal I have ever eaten.

#14 ·
Oh yes, in addition to my toothpaste thing, I am ALL about smells. Particularly essential oils like tea tree and lavendar. Oooh wow. I have a diffuser in our laundry room with TTO in it and I love just walking into the room and inhaling. No, "love" isn't strong enough, I CRAVE smelling it.

#15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hokulele View Post
Oh yes, in addition to my toothpaste thing, I am ALL about smells. Particularly essential oils like tea tree and lavendar. Oooh wow. I have a diffuser in our laundry room with TTO in it and I love just walking into the room and inhaling. No, "love" isn't strong enough, I CRAVE smelling it.
Oh yay. Another smell weirdo.

#18 ·
Weirdest craving so far: a cheese milkshake. I didn't give in, because where would I get one?

Yesterday I had Chinese fried rice and chocolate mini-donuts for lunch - two random things I'd normally never eat, especially together. It was so good!

#19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by AutumnMama View Post
Hm, not sure if it would qualify as weird or not but cold saurkraut....for breakfast

My craving is saurkraut too and I didn't even used to like saurkraut. Now, I don't want it for breakfast yet

#20 ·
Poutine - French-Canadian dish consisting of french fries, beef gravy, and cheese.

Seriously, it was the only thing that settled my stomach for the first three months...Thank goodness the restaurant down the street from work makes excellent poutine.

ETA: And homemade bread and butter pickles that my co-worker canned last season. I begged her for her other three quart jars and inhaled the pickles within a week.

#21 ·
Sandwiches. Of all kinds. Subway, ham sandwiches (with pickles and tomatoes), tuna sandwiches, pb&j, ect. And my fridge has filled up with every kind of pickle. Bread and butter. Dill. Sweet. Relish.
Of course I've always been a pickle junkie but lately I *have* to have them.

And as far as smells I'm totally going nuts over here! I run a daycare and have a little 17 week old in my care. I keep wanting to sniff his head remembering how wonderful my son's head smelled as a baby. And the little one's head smells like *nothing* to me. So so weird. Especially with my increased sensitivity.

#22 ·
Lucysmama - I am totally a smell weirdo. I don't have the same pool craving you do, but I can fully imagine it. What IS that? I enjoy some smells so much I don't want the enjoyment of them to diminish after pg! Like tea tree oil, I've never really liked it and sometimes thought it was a bad smell, but right now I just can not get enough of it.

Last pg all I wanted to eat was baloney sandwiches. (I never eat baloney in real life!) So at least this smell thing seems a little healthier!

#23 ·
I totally hear the poutine craving, not something I would normally eat but I love it right now!!!
As for other cravings, I have been in love with grilled cheese, watermelon (we have eaten 5 so far this season), pickled fiddlehead ferns, banquet breast meat chicken nuggets (not something we eat regularly) for lunch, Unsweetened iced tea (normally I'm a diet coke girl)
I think that is about it.
Oh and I love the smell of this one shopping plaza near me. There is a longhorns steakhouse there and the smell of steak and french fries coming out of that place is just heaven. And I don't eat steak.
Shawna

#25 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by potatocraft View Post
I totally hear the poutine craving, not something I would normally eat but I love it right now!!!
As for other cravings, I have been in love with grilled cheese, watermelon (we have eaten 5 so far this season), pickled fiddlehead ferns, banquet breast meat chicken nuggets (not something we eat regularly) for lunch, Unsweetened iced tea (normally I'm a diet coke girl)
I think that is about it.
Oh and I love the smell of this one shopping plaza near me. There is a longhorns steakhouse there and the smell of steak and french fries coming out of that place is just heaven. And I don't eat steak.
Shawna
Ditto for the fiddleheads!!! You were with me when I bought my 3rd pound of fiddleheads at the farmer's market - and I am desperately craving more of them, esp. now that the season's almost over. I normally love eating season to season, but this sucks!!

#26 ·
Warheads. You know, the super sour hard candy? I haven't had them since I was about 11 but all of a sudden I needed them. I picked up a couple at a candy store and they were so puckery and delicious. A few days later I found a whole bag at a drug store. I ate it in two days. By the end I could barely even taste the sour any more, I had become so desensitised to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.