Mothering Forum banner

Queer TTC June 2008!

18K views 501 replies 36 participants last post by  quasar 
#1 ·
Queer and Pregnant thread is here.

Queer Taking a Break from TTC is here.

Thanks to pranava for keeping last month's thread!

:A Rainbow of options!
:

Waiting to O

Astraphell
knit_grrly
MamaCaveBear
wishin'&hopin'
pleasantlyfurious
heart-n-bones
quasar (and DP smartycat)

Waiting to Know... Braving the 2WW

TerraCotta
familypart2
giggleblue
pranava
BurtsGirl
Ellie74

Insemming all the freakin' time!
kjm

Turning into a Porcupine and Waiting for Harvest
Coco99

Waiting to Implant

Taking a Break

DM630
FtMPapa
Hulahoop
mhiccup
osker
Sprout's futuremom
Sugersen
want2bmoms
wannabemoms
Amigone
maorimama
snoopy13
Sugerson
simplelah
QTRANDI
SGrey
teafor2
baby_baby_mommy
Zyla
twylightdove

Waiting to be Ready
erthe_mama
katharinerose
ktcl (and DP megincl)
lemurmommies (and DP ruvalokiteshvara)
willowbean
FJKelley
JennM1021

:
GRADUATES
:

June BFP's

starling&diesel
PiGirl
Erica12009

April BFP's

tigermiep
MujerMamaMismo
tiggerkong22
simcon
2happymamas

March BFP's

JenInMpls
mahrens77

February BFP

January BFP
cookie70

December BFP
Scalpel

November BFP
mamimapster
AngelaM
solejean
lmh222

See less See more
#127 ·
Good luck pigirl! I hope you get a lot of good news.

Jenn, I'm so sorry that the miscarriage was so hard on you. I hope that you have some closure and can gather your strength.

Thanks to everyone for the info on the medicated cycles. I'm glad to hear there was such a range. Gives me hope that there is someone in my community who might work for less than highway robbery.

#128 ·
Thanks for all the warm thoughts and hugs everyone! I really am feeling so much better...and ready to move toward healing fully so we can get ready for some more baby-makin'!

Pigirl...don't stress too much about the HSG. I had one earlier this year...and it was a breeze. I have the most uncooperative cervix EVER and my IUI's hurt like crazy! But, the HSG was no problem. They use some sort of local numbing stuff and I really didn't feel a thing. I felt a little shooting cramp when he injected the dye but that was it. Be prepared though...when you stand up after...the dye might run right out of you all over the place. So, make sure you bring a pad or ask them to give you one. That can be a little yucky. Anyway...good luck!!! I'm sure you'll be fine.

#129 ·
Well, I woke up this morning to a pretty significant temp drop. I could chalk it up to the airconditioned hotel room, but I'm pretty sure AF is on her way tomorrow.

I was so upset about it I felt physically ill all morning.

This is so much harder than I ever imagined it would be....

#130 ·
pigirl... I just about passed out when they used the cervical clamp on me. They didn't give me anything for the pain until after, when they gave me some Tylenol. So, ask!
As well, be sure to breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth, and if you have anything like Rescue Remedy around, down some of that before the procedure. I also had some pretty wicked cramping for a few hours after, but they say that's normal. I hear you on the male doc thing, and not knowing your story I'll still say that for me ... a little nurturing self talk goes a long way. ("I'm safe, I'm the boss in this situation, I'm not alone, I can instruct him to slow down, explain things, or stop, if necessary.")

astraphell...

Burtsgirl... Thanks for asking! We have a collection of beautiful pee sticks that all say positive, and we go for the blood test tomorrow. I am besieged by very sore breasts with funky blue veins all around that are lit up like a marquee ... and a sense of smell that would make any hound dog jealous. I all of a sudden can't stand the thought of ingesting things that brought me great glee in times past (including decaf coffee, which is sad). I haven't joined a DDC yet, just because I'm feeling so cautious about these bijoux ... praying hard for hir (or them) to stick around.

#131 ·
astraphell- I would chalk up your temp drop to the air conditioning and try not to stress about it. I know my temp is significantly affected by the room temperature. I'm hoping AF stays far away from you!

JennM- I'm so sorry about what you went through during the miscarriage.
That sounds absolutely terrible. Take good care of yourself, and know that a lot of people are thinking about you.

pigirl- Good look with the HSG today! I know there are a wide range of experiences with them, so hopefully yours will go smoothly.

pleasantlyfurious- Can't wait to see you here in the TWW! Fertile thoughts today!

#132 ·
Nope, it was awful. The procedure failed because the doc couldn't get the catheter in, but not before trying with a whole series of very painful dialators. The fact that he was male, and that I'm bleeding now, was enough to trigger a whole $%#load of bad memories. They said we could try again next month if I take a cervix-softening drug, but no way am I going through that again. Thank god that my partner surprised me and was able to be there with me. Now I just need to be able to stop crying.

#133 ·
Kate, sorry about the temp dip. I hate waking up to those. They are always good for making the rest of the day crappy. Big
to you.

S&D, we want a full report of the beta tomorrow. Still sending you stick vibes! Anyone wanna take bets on how many is in there?

Oh, pigirl. I'm so sorry to hear the procedure didn't go well and super glad your partner was able to make it there to comfort you.

#135 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by pigirl View Post
Nope, it was awful. Thank god that my partner surprised me and was able to be there with me. Now I just need to be able to stop crying.
Oh, Pi! I am SO sorry to hear that ... I'm in tears for you.

I'm so glad that your partner could be there.

As for being triggered, I trust that you have people you can take cover with? Your DP? Therapist? Batten the hatches and do some serious First Aid self care, hon. A bath, a walk, a punching bag, yoga ... whatever does it for you.

I am so, so, sorry to hear it went pear-shaped.

#138 ·
pigirl and astraphell, BLEAH. Sorry to both of you, thinking of you...

s&d, I had the same reaction to coffee at the start of both of my pregnancies, but I will say that if you like COLD beverages, an iced decaf is super. I nearly felt like crawling under a rock today because I went to a starbucks *cough* and got a 24 ounce iced decaf Americano (since they don't have cold press) and boy did that keep me happy all day.

But I was getting a crossword puzzle book at Bunns & Noodle for my mom, who's recovering from surgery, and starbucks *cough* was RIGHT THERE! So convenient... *sigh*

: here, have some preggo pheremones, they've got to work for SOMEBODY...!

#139 ·
while we are on a roll with the bad news, i figured i would squeeze mine in too. i tested this morning at 14dpo and it was negative. dp's insemination should be towards the end of this week. she is on to try #2 and it looks like i will be too a few weeks from now. gosh, the sperm bank must love us!

#140 ·
Thanks, y'all. I'm feeling a little better this evening. I've got a great support system in place here, and years of $#% experience dealing with this crap, so I'm okay. DP is, as always, wonderful, and a constant reminder of how far my life has come.

giggleblue and astraphell, so sorry. We'll get there, eh?

#144 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by pigirl View Post
Nope, it was awful. The procedure failed because the doc couldn't get the catheter in, but not before trying with a whole series of very painful dialators. The fact that he was male, and that I'm bleeding now, was enough to trigger a whole $%#load of bad memories. They said we could try again next month if I take a cervix-softening drug, but no way am I going through that again. Thank god that my partner surprised me and was able to be there with me. Now I just need to be able to stop crying.
Hey... i had a really bad HSG too...
Ask them to gove yo something to relax next time... like ativans and versed or something. It allowed them to do mine the second time around... and we found out that my tubes were indeed blocked... so its worth it to do it...
I know its so hard... i know exactly what you mean...
Coco
xxx

#146 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by pranava View Post
Frog, that sounds terrifying!
I'm glad you, turtle, and the kitties are ok!
Yeah, it was (and is) not that much fun, but I'm SO thankful we're all okay!

Another downside, though, is that the leftover meds I was going to donate are toast.

#147 ·
pigirl - I'm so sorry you had to go through that. How awful. I'm glad you have a strong support system in place to pull you through.

astraphell - ugh. bummer.

giggleblue - so sorry.

frog - OH MY GOODNESS! How terrifying. I'm so glad everyone is alright.

AAM - I'm oficially 1DPI for the first time in my life. The insemination wasn't that great, as the doctor (not my usual) had to tug on my cervix to get it into position (might that mean our timing was off???) and it hurt. On the bright side, that evening we had dinner with a couple that is expecting and we told them that we were trying (we haven't told ANYONE irl) so that was a relief to be able to talk about it and their experience. I'm so excited - I keep trying to keep my feet on the ground, but I can't help it. Does trying to keep your excitement in check really make disappointment easier to bear, anyway? I think I'm going to just have to give in to the excitement even though I know we may still have a long road ahead of us.

#149 ·
Oh my gosh, Frog! So glad you guys are all ok and so sorry to hear about your cousin.

Giggleblue

AAM: We had a great acupuncture appt yesterday. We're really starting to see some changes in both my chart and my body. It's really exciting to know all this work and waiting is finally starting to have an effect. I told her I seriously thought my thermometer was broken because my temps have been so level and flowing. She said that was a really good sign. So I'm really hopeful this cycle but still maintaining my balance. I'll start opk's probably around thursday.

#150 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by pleasantlyfurious View Post
Does trying to keep your excitement in check really make disappointment easier to bear, anyway? I think I'm going to just have to give in to the excitement even though I know we may still have a long road ahead of us.
For me, yes, it does help the disappointment and let down if I try to stay balanced. I try to stay present and try not to focus on the result, a baby. It gets my emotions too wrapped up and the let down is just too much for me to bear. So I'm trying to stay balanced this time. Not too high on hope and not completely negative either.

#151 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by frog View Post
I never noticed a difference in my disappointment, no matter what I tried during the cycle: being hopeful, ignoring it, assuming I wasn't pregnant, acting like I was, etc.
I definitely agree with that. Though, being a pretty pessimistic person anyway, it's hard to admit that I am actually, secretly, hopeful. Even yesterday I held out hope that the temp drop was just a fluke, all while feeling the disappointment.

Could I please be moved to Waiting to O? I'm going in for the HSG this time, and doing the ultrasound and trigger. I'm tired of this, I'm ready to pull out all the stops!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.