Mothering Forum banner

Where y'all from?

2K views 40 replies 35 participants last post by  xakana 
#1 ·
I'm in NC and will be going to Chapel Hill for my prenatal care. I'm originally from MA and had my other babes at the North Shore Birth Center in Beverly

See less See more
#2 ·
I was all excited when I saw your username "MA", then I read your thread.
I am in NH. I had a hosp. birth with my first dc. I'm having a homebirth with the new babe and I had one with my now 3yo dd. My best friend had her baby at the Beverly Birthing Center, and I got to be there.
: My sil had her vbac baby at Beverly Hosp. with the birthing center midwives. Small world.

#4 ·
I have lived in Seattle most of my life. Seattle is a pretty decent place to have a baby and raise a family. Lots of birth choices are supported, plus there are a lot of new babies around and tons of groups, activities and support networks. Lots of parks and outdoor rec options too.

I was born in Texas and later lived in FL, KY and CO. Most of my extended family is in TX or CO.

#13 ·
I am in Central CT!! I will be driving in to Hartford to birth even though I have 2 hospitals within 10 minutes of my house. I like Saint Francis the best.

Artemnesia,

I lived in Worcester for 5 years. I went to school at Clark.

#16 ·
Im originally from a little town in Indiana called Terre Haute but moved to Mass 2 years ago. I currently live in Hull (tiny beach town South of Boston) I will be birthing my bean at South Shore Hospital, mainly because I couldnt make the drive to NS or Cambridge. My luck, we will have a blizzard in the middle of Jan and I will be snowed in and have to do an unassisted home birth. Im preparing just in case.

Mass mommies, I need friends. ok that sounded odd but heres my situation. I moved here and have worked M-F 9-5 in a small office in Hingham with two people in their 60s since I got here. I have had no chance to make friends other than DH's friends who are great... but I need a social circle of my own. I dont have much of a support system around here. and unfortunately I am very shy. My family all lives in either Indiana, Colorado, or Virginia so I am here all by me onsies. Ive been here for two years and dont know anyone! I dont know the area (outside of Hingham and Hull).

#17 ·
I'm from everywhere (military child), but have lived in the Red River Valley in ND for the last 15 years; so I guess I should be called Fargo, ND my official home!

We just moved back recently from Minot, ND; where we lived for a year.

We are happy to be back in Fargo, ND close to family and friends!

I have birthed all my children at home.

If I had to give birth in a hospital, I would have to select the hospital in Alexandria, MN (about and hour and a half away); where they have CNM attended waterbirths!

I have attended births (as a doula) in all the local and surrounding hospitals; so I know what I would get.

#18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by HoneyTree View Post
I'm in North Florida, luckily in a city with quite a few birthing options and a pretty organized crunchy/NFL sub-population.
I'm living in central Ohio at the moment, but I'm *from* North Florida (Gainesville), and you're right- it was wonderful. It sure was a rude awakening when I had my first baby up here! I was sitting there going, where are the birth centers? Where are the hospitals that support gentle birth? What's going on!?

#19 ·
We are in Pawtucket, RI before that Evansville, IN for 11 years, before that Minneapolis, MN for 11 years and before that San Diego, CA for 1 year. My family is in either MN or CA so all I have is DH's family here
Not that I don't like them but, ummm, well, it's just not the same to my large, crazy, fun family. HOPEFULLY I will be having this LO at the ABC in W&I(Providence, RI). I had pre-e with DS so the doc is keeping a very close eye on me. I really wanted a HWB but for the safety of this LO and me I will accept a hospital. I prefer to live

JAMa- I live literally 2 minutes south of Attleboro

acory23- I have been to Terre Haute! I used to live in Evansville. OK, too funny- my EDD is the 20th of Jan!!

#21 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jojo F. View Post
acory23- I have been to Terre Haute! I used to live in Evansville. OK, too funny- my EDD is the 20th of Jan!!
Its a small world after all...

Ugh, you've been to "The Haute"? Im so sorry! LOL Actually its not that bad. I grew up there. Its home. Its so weird to be a New England transplant though. I have had to learn to adapt... in good ways and bad. I have grown cynical and developed road rage.

#23 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by acory23 View Post
Its a small world after all...

Ugh, you've been to "The Haute"? Im so sorry! LOL Actually its not that bad. I grew up there. Its home. Its so weird to be a New England transplant though. I have had to learn to adapt... in good ways and bad. I have grown cynical and developed road rage.
tell me about it!! It was definitely scary driving up here for the first time.

I also had a friend who lived there for almost his whole life, he used to drive down to "The Ville" to party. How much you wanna bet you know him!

#24 ·
JSMa, I used to live in Greensburg PA. I don't know if that's near Easton, but too funny we switched states.

mamajody, Clark is an awesome school! I took a few writing worshops there through the Worcester Consortium (I went to Worcester State.
)

acory23, I'll totally be your Mass mama friend. I think you're about an hour and a half from me, but I'd travel that far for the beach.

#25 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jojo F. View Post
tell me about it!! It was definitely scary driving up here for the first time.

I also had a friend who lived there for almost his whole life, he used to drive down to "The Ville" to party. How much you wanna bet you know him!

It wouldnt surprise me if I did. I know everybody! LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.