Mothering Forum banner

Nursing Mamas TTC in JULY!!!

10K views 328 replies 67 participants last post by  because 
#1 ·
]Happy July, mamas!
Please put change requests in bold type.

Good Luck
and lots of
Mommies!

Waiting to be Ready

gcgirl
leaguemama
simplelife
bodhicitta3 ds 8/04, dd 10/06
brightonwoman 1/07
luvmy2girls
Peony
saphos
dinahx
Harmony96

Waiting to Catch the First PP Egg!

Carlito's wife
TexasMum
Momma Aimee
coffee-lovin-mom
gillibean
BlessedMommy2006
sphynxcat
mergirl
sonuptosondown
sheasmom
SunCB
Lauren82
mariew
LiLStar

Waiting to O

abigail b
rollergirl
Kali Shanti
liss 420
because
freezehead
calinds
kikidee
lovin' it
Monica3674
satsumagirl
treehugginmama
pitchfork
goin' green
DustysSweety03
lilgreen
motherofphilosophy
Xerxella
bdoody11
peilover010202
abigail b
ameliasmama
jenleephotography
luvmybabygirls
jrose lee
ryan'smom
SereneBabe
jenmn
alaskaberry
heidirk
sarahf.
Julia Rose
ed tricia
zac'smom
Lindsey608
Kamie
RoseRed
MaClaire
malyita
*Robin*
Kristin0105

: 2WW
:
riversong
quetinha
DklovesMkandJK
usandthegirls
blissful maia
3for me
iluvmybabies
LiLStar
taylor
catemom
emski4379 DS 11/05
Hollin
cody'smomma
EBeth0000
bright_eyes
ms.pacman
Greenmama13
firefly mama
KnitLady
lilgreen

Our Success stories
:

July 08
Katica
katiedidbug
Max'sMama
citymomstl
risen_joy
shanahan
jldumm
*Danielle*
keirasmommy
fuzzypeach

June 08
alison_in_oh
luv

May 08
DreamsInDigital
jr'smom
Nicole R.
Moonprysm
sraplayas
RunnerMommy
mfrykas

April 08
Cody'smomma
KSLaura
wrzos
Lindsey608
ms. pacman

March 2008
Jaysmylilpumpkin DS 12/05
allykhat
mochimama
BundleFishMama DD 8/02, DD 5/04, DS 6/06
OwensMa
chic2chic

February 2008
Bee21
myrmom
Jul3Feb2
hannybanany dd 8/05
natalieadw dd 4/06
Bella Catalina DS 4/06
thefragile7393 DS 1/06
zakers_mama with DS 10/04, DD 1/07

January 2008
MommytoHHH
emski4379
Jörð

December 2007
heatherRN DS 6/7/06
JenMidwife
Naturegirl DS 8/04
jwpsgurl
Celina DD 7/05
BlissfullyLoving
ryansma
honeybee
ShiningStar DD 2/20/06
mistyryan
elisheva
GwendalynsMommy

November 2007
sunnymw DS 10/9/06
Lorette DS 8/05
finnegansmom
Linzie2 DD 5/5/06
mommymia
nubianamy DD 3/19/06
doulakris - caught the 1st PP egg!
BakerALM DD 2/06
miztrezzlyn
emikey
sweetney
can't wait

July Threadhostess ~ risen_joy[/B

See less See more
#152 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by lilgreen View Post
Please remove me from July Success STories as it didn't stick for me.
liligreen

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momma Aimee View Post
however, I am not going to effect Charles' BF in any way -- I got preggo with him while Theo was still nurseing at least, and usally more, than every 2 hours all of the clock --- course I am 8 months PP and have had one AF and have no set cycle back; AF came back 7 WEEKS PP with Theo and was routine by 6 months PP.........
Amazing how different nursing and cycles is, huh? My DS is 2.5 and often goes 5 hours without nursing, occasionally more, and no AF yet. I just gained some weight though, and immediately seemed to O, I wonder if I was just on the edge of too thin combined with the prolactin. Since that soft belly is still there, the weight went right there, and now I look (probably only to me) about like I did when I was about 2-3 months preggo last time, so I'm looking in the mirror and practicing

I often fantasize about catching that first egg, and getting to put 03/17/05 down under "last menstrual period"

Baby
for all, I admit I am getting so much from this thread, I am checking it like 2-3X day.

Peace!

#153 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by pitchfork View Post
just gained some weight though, and immediately seemed to O, I wonder if I was just on the edge of too thin combined with the prolactin. Since that soft belly is still there, the weight went right there, and now I look (probably only to me) about like I did when I was about 2-3 months preggo last time, so I'm looking in the mirror and practicing

The same exact thing happened to me when my ppaf came back. I lost my pregnancy weight super fast after ds was born and was really skinny for awhile. Now that my cycles have returned I have some curves back and dd told me today that I looked pregnant while I was wearing my bathing suit.
She's not very delicate with her wording at her age. The other night when we were out to dinner she stopped as we were passing a table where a really big man was eating and said, "Why is that man so FAT??" Yikes.

#154 ·
Quote:
I often fantasize about catching that first egg, and getting to put 03/17/05 down under "last menstrual period"
I want to go in an tell teh OB -- who is expecting me anyway --
: just do the US and check the EDD, I don't know never saw AF ....

Silly -- very silly -- but i really want this

#155 ·
Hi! Can I join in? I'm nursing my 19 month old and we are TTC#5. She still nurses through the night also. I've had AF back since January but it's only been regualar for the past 3 months. I O late though and have a short LP.

Im on CD 1 so I'm Waiting to O

#156 ·
OMG, Can I tell you Mamas how shocked I am to have gone to the toilet and seen blood?! I put DS down for nap, went to the bathroom, and practically gasped when I looked at the TP for my routine CM check. I haven't seen a drop since DS was born, 2.5 years ago! We DTD 11 days ago, but CM only ended 4 days ago. Too long ago for implantation spotting? I assume it's AF, I feel crampy and emotional. I've no idea how much spotting implantation bleeding can be, or what the timing of this all means.

So it's great news that AF (I assume)is back, and now I'll start charting for real, but of course, was hoping to catch that egg.

I'm new to this Mamas, but I'm assuming since CM went on and on for 9 days and then AF so soon after that it was a really short LP? Maybe I'll do some things to see if I can help that?

Oh and another question, with a short LP is the period usually light?

#157 ·
Quote:

that's what i tend to read about - but my 7 or 8 cycles have all had moderate bleeding for 5-7 days, with the longest being 9 - and my LP is typically only 6-7 days, with the longest of 7. So, I definitely am getting the raw end of the deal!!!

#158 ·
Quote:

It has been the case for me and as it lengthens it gets heavier.

My first couple cycles have a 2-3 day LP.

#159 ·
Okay so i wasn't gonna even go on here for a while because i find myself getting too caught up in it~ That said I am 4dpo and OMG I am feeling so sick. Nausious and crampy my cycle is anywhere from 28-31 days and according to FF we have a high probability that we conceived!! We dtd on the day of Ovulation and two days prior! So I am pretty confident we have been successful, mind you we didn't plan our other two and the only reason I charted was so we could try for a boy, we have two girls. I guess my question is it possible to feel this sick already and does anyone know if its a sign there are multiples, it runs in our family so I am kinda trippin'! Very excited to know, but won't for at least another week! With dd #2 i didn't show positive on a test util 3 days after AF was due. And then had blood work and my hcg was low they said!! So any advice or help would be welcomed!!! I have a 15mo that nurses 2-3x a nite still. But I have had AF since 2 mos pp. Congrats to all who are preggers!!! And keep trying for everyone else. Baby dust to all!
:

#160 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by *Robin* View Post
I haven't been around in a while, but we are still TTC while nursing. I am 24 months PP and no AF yet. I am getting more and more worried that I am one of those few mothers that have to wean to O. But I think I may have just O'd. I am crossing my fingers I did.
:

Any one else in my boat? Any one not get AF back until after 12 months, after 18 months, after 24 months, or even longer?
this is me. dd2 is now 26 months and i have yet to have AF. in fact, i've had only one AF (the one dd2 was concieved on) since december of 2002. i'm starting to feel quite dispondant as i am turning 34 in 2 weeks and am feeling the time start to slip away...we're now down to about 2 nursings a day, but i fear beacuse of her voracious appetite we may have to try to go cold turkey.

sigh.

#161 ·
Pichfork, You're so funny! I thought I was the only one who used my fat mama tummy as a pseudo baby bump in the mirror!! Congrats on AF - but I shared your LMP fantasy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvmybabygirls View Post
Okay so i wasn't gonna even go on here for a while because i find myself getting too caught up in it~ That said I am 4dpo and OMG I am feeling so sick. Nausious and crampy my cycle is anywhere from 28-31 days and according to FF we have a high probability that we conceived!! We dtd on the day of Ovulation and two days prior! So I am pretty confident we have been successful, mind you we didn't plan our other two and the only reason I charted was so we could try for a boy, we have two girls. I guess my question is it possible to feel this sick already and does anyone know if its a sign there are multiples, it runs in our family so I am kinda trippin'!
Progesterone makes me queasy and pg feeling so that could be it because I'm fairly sure that 4 dpo is too early for implantation. Who knows, though! I hope it worked for you! I just wish that "good timing" always = pg. I've had perfect timing but no luck for the past 5 cycles... grrr! What kind of multiples do you have in the family?

freezehead and Robin - I got my first PPAF after both my kids at 26-27 months. It's so frustrating when you're READY; I feel for you!

#163 ·
Hi can I join in?

I'm Mary, 30 , from the UK and mum to one DD who is 21 months. I got my first PPAF when DD was 14 months and it has been regular at 32 days since then so I hope I'm ovulating! I only had my coil out a week into this cycle so I'm not hopeful for this month, so we are practising! My daughter tends to feed twice a day.

Look forward to getting to know you all

Mary

#164 ·
I'm not sure what is going on with my body.

Here's a list of what is going on:

- I'm 15DPO
- I had a BFN on 13DPO (Target Brand FR)
- FF says AF is due today
- My temp went back up today after slightly lower temps for two days (not below coverline, though)
- I've been having creamy-egg CM for about a week
- I've had cramps on and off since 6DPO
- I had tons of eggy/cloudy CM yesterday
- Kept feeling "wet" yesterday thinking I was bleeding but when checked, nothing, just CM
- I had very slight spotting (just enough to see on tp) at 12 & 13 DPO, but no more since
-Feel slightly nauseous every morning for a few days

Is it possible to get a negative with Target brand First Response then get a positive later?

If AF doesn't show by tomorrow morning, should I test again or wait until Friday? This is my first cycle after my PPAF, so it might just be kinda wonky.

See chart in my siggy. What do yall think?

#165 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by luvmybabygirls View Post
I guess my question is it possible to feel this sick already

well, i don't want to rain on a girl's parade, but I would think that it would be unlikely to feel "real" pregnancy symptoms until after implantation, which is usually 7-10 days after o, and I think 5 dpo at the earliest.... BUT, I hope you get your positive very soon!!

#166 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by KaliShanti View Post
If AF doesn't show by tomorrow morning, should I test again or wait until Friday? This is my first cycle after my PPAF, so it might just be kinda wonky.

See chart in my siggy. What do yall think?
hmm... looking at your alternate signs (mainly, cervical position), I somewhat wonder if you have o'd yet.... Your cervix shouldn't be "high" at this point in the game - it should be very low and firm. It is high, soft, and open during ovulation. Also, the eggwhite CM makes me wonder if you are just having a drawn out cycle and are gearing up to o now... But who knows, I'm not an expert....

Personally, I would probably try to get some "cheap" tests from the dollar store or the internet and just test every other day or so....

best of luck!!!

#167 ·
Quote:
hmm... looking at your alternate signs (mainly, cervical position), I somewhat wonder if you have o'd yet....
shanahan,

I have wondering that too. I am also not very good at feeling my cervix. It seems medium today I guess. This is my first cycle to ever feel it.

Also, I read this on the internet at babyhopes.com:

Quote:
When pregnancy occurs, the cervix will rise up and become soft, yet the os will remain tightly closed. This occurs at different times in different women. Some women may find that twelve days after ovulation their cervix will do this and is a probable pregnancy sign. Others won't experience this until well after the pregnancy has been confirmed.

I am confused. What would the spotting be, then?

#168 ·
I think your symptoms and chart look really good, KaliShanti! The only "off" thing to me is the cervical position, and you're new to feeling it. When do you plan to test again?

Good luck!

#170 ·
i got a positive this am
it doesn't seem real yet
we will wait and see.

has anyone ever had the up and down not as defined as the side to side of the plus... i think i need a second opinion.

#171 ·
: congrats Jldumm
:

Would someone please look at my chart? I`ve changed the method from FAM to Advanced and FF changed my CH. Now it says that I`m 13DPO. FAM says I O`d on CD21 while Advanced put it back on CD19. I`d be overjoyed if I O`d on CD19 b/c that was the last time we got to BD before O. So, what do you think?

#176 ·
KaliShanti- hang in there, your chart looks really promising.

jldumm-
:Congratulations!
:

Please remove me from waiting to catch the 1st PP egg... I missed it.
:
I wanted to put down 9/2005 as my last AF... ah well, I am just happy to have AF return.
Please post me in waiting to O.

And, OT, I noticed from looking at everyone's charts, a lot of us O'd right around the new moon on the 2nd and 3rd of July. I just thought that was kinda cool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.