Mothering Forum banner

Nursing Mamas TTC in JULY!!!

10K views 328 replies 67 participants last post by  because 
#1 ·
]Happy July, mamas!
Please put change requests in bold type.

Good Luck
and lots of
Mommies!

Waiting to be Ready

gcgirl
leaguemama
simplelife
bodhicitta3 ds 8/04, dd 10/06
brightonwoman 1/07
luvmy2girls
Peony
saphos
dinahx
Harmony96

Waiting to Catch the First PP Egg!

Carlito's wife
TexasMum
Momma Aimee
coffee-lovin-mom
gillibean
BlessedMommy2006
sphynxcat
mergirl
sonuptosondown
sheasmom
SunCB
Lauren82
mariew
LiLStar

Waiting to O

abigail b
rollergirl
Kali Shanti
liss 420
because
freezehead
calinds
kikidee
lovin' it
Monica3674
satsumagirl
treehugginmama
pitchfork
goin' green
DustysSweety03
lilgreen
motherofphilosophy
Xerxella
bdoody11
peilover010202
abigail b
ameliasmama
jenleephotography
luvmybabygirls
jrose lee
ryan'smom
SereneBabe
jenmn
alaskaberry
heidirk
sarahf.
Julia Rose
ed tricia
zac'smom
Lindsey608
Kamie
RoseRed
MaClaire
malyita
*Robin*
Kristin0105

: 2WW
:
riversong
quetinha
DklovesMkandJK
usandthegirls
blissful maia
3for me
iluvmybabies
LiLStar
taylor
catemom
emski4379 DS 11/05
Hollin
cody'smomma
EBeth0000
bright_eyes
ms.pacman
Greenmama13
firefly mama
KnitLady
lilgreen

Our Success stories
:

July 08
Katica
katiedidbug
Max'sMama
citymomstl
risen_joy
shanahan
jldumm
*Danielle*
keirasmommy
fuzzypeach

June 08
alison_in_oh
luv

May 08
DreamsInDigital
jr'smom
Nicole R.
Moonprysm
sraplayas
RunnerMommy
mfrykas

April 08
Cody'smomma
KSLaura
wrzos
Lindsey608
ms. pacman

March 2008
Jaysmylilpumpkin DS 12/05
allykhat
mochimama
BundleFishMama DD 8/02, DD 5/04, DS 6/06
OwensMa
chic2chic

February 2008
Bee21
myrmom
Jul3Feb2
hannybanany dd 8/05
natalieadw dd 4/06
Bella Catalina DS 4/06
thefragile7393 DS 1/06
zakers_mama with DS 10/04, DD 1/07

January 2008
MommytoHHH
emski4379
Jörð

December 2007
heatherRN DS 6/7/06
JenMidwife
Naturegirl DS 8/04
jwpsgurl
Celina DD 7/05
BlissfullyLoving
ryansma
honeybee
ShiningStar DD 2/20/06
mistyryan
elisheva
GwendalynsMommy

November 2007
sunnymw DS 10/9/06
Lorette DS 8/05
finnegansmom
Linzie2 DD 5/5/06
mommymia
nubianamy DD 3/19/06
doulakris - caught the 1st PP egg!
BakerALM DD 2/06
miztrezzlyn
emikey
sweetney
can't wait

July Threadhostess ~ risen_joy[/B

See less See more
#203 ·
Hi! I just found your thread a week or two ago...we had decided to TTC, but I still hadn't gotten my PPAF (15 months). Eureka!
It came Wednesday, so now we're waiting to O. I've never paid much attention to my cycle...knew generally when I was O'ing. It worked last time...took only 2 months to conceive DD. I'm hoping it'll be as easy this time, but am terrified that it won't...Thanks for being such a great group!

Cat

:

#204 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by usandthegirls View Post
I have been ordered not to test (by my dear friend. lol. she knows i am insane about this) until Monday, so I am with you on the weekend dragging. I actually am supposed to still be in the "waiting to be ready" category, but we had a little "slip-up"
So, I guess I can be moved to Two Week Wait

So, in the interest of not testing until Monday, I don't have a single test in the house and while we are camping this weekend, I will not go anywhere alone. rofl. I cannot be trusted not to grab a test.
I am actually OK with either result, I am just going batty not knowing.

Good luck making the weekend fly by. Hope you get a BFP!!!!
Your post is too funny! Best of luck making it through the weekend! Thanks for the well wishes.

#205 ·
Hi Mamas!!! Just want you all to know it's hit or miss to get on the site every day for me so don't worry if you aren't immed. moved to a section - I promise I'll get you there!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvmybabygirls View Post
Okay so i wasn't gonna even go on here for a while because i find myself getting too caught up in it~ That said I am 4dpo and OMG I am feeling so sick. Nausious and crampy my cycle is anywhere from 28-31 days and according to FF we have a high probability that we conceived!! We dtd on the day of Ovulation and two days prior! So I am pretty confident we have been successful, mind you we didn't plan our other two and the only reason I charted was so we could try for a boy, we have two girls. I guess my question is it possible to feel this sick already and does anyone know if its a sign there are multiples, it runs in our family so I am kinda trippin'! Very excited to know, but won't for at least another week! With dd #2 i didn't show positive on a test util 3 days after AF was due. And then had blood work and my hcg was low they said!! So any advice or help would be welcomed!!! I have a 15mo that nurses 2-3x a nite still. But I have had AF since 2 mos pp. Congrats to all who are preggers!!! And keep trying for everyone else. Baby dust to all!
:
Hi mama - hopefully it's good old morning sickness!! Keep us posted!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by satsumagirl View Post
Hi can I join in?

I'm Mary, 30 , from the UK and mum to one DD who is 21 months. I got my first PPAF when DD was 14 months and it has been regular at 32 days since then so I hope I'm ovulating! I only had my coil out a week into this cycle so I'm not hopeful for this month, so we are practising! My daughter tends to feed twice a day.

Look forward to getting to know you all

Mary
-
Hope your stay is short!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaliShanti View Post
I'm not sure what is going on with my body.

Here's a list of what is going on:

- I'm 15DPO
- I had a BFN on 13DPO (Target Brand FR)
- FF says AF is due today
- My temp went back up today after slightly lower temps for two days (not below coverline, though)
- I've been having creamy-egg CM for about a week
- I've had cramps on and off since 6DPO
- I had tons of eggy/cloudy CM yesterday
- Kept feeling "wet" yesterday thinking I was bleeding but when checked, nothing, just CM
- I had very slight spotting (just enough to see on tp) at 12 & 13 DPO, but no more since
-Feel slightly nauseous every morning for a few days

Is it possible to get a negative with Target brand First Response then get a positive later?

If AF doesn't show by tomorrow morning, should I test again or wait until Friday? This is my first cycle after my PPAF, so it might just be kinda wonky.

See chart in my siggy. What do yall think?
- Ooh! Keep us posted!! This wait time is murder really, I still think we should all have our belly buttons pop out like a turkey button when we're pregger - it would be so much easier!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by shanahan View Post
hmm... looking at your alternate signs (mainly, cervical position), I somewhat wonder if you have o'd yet.... Your cervix shouldn't be "high" at this point in the game - it should be very low and firm. It is high, soft, and open during ovulation. Also, the eggwhite CM makes me wonder if you are just having a drawn out cycle and are gearing up to o now... But who knows, I'm not an expert....

Personally, I would probably try to get some "cheap" tests from the dollar store or the internet and just test every other day or so....

best of luck!!!
I have heard SO many different things re cp and most of them different!! Arg. Again, why can't we have it easy? Ooh, I know, our tummies could turn purple if we are!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jldumm View Post
i got a positive this am
it doesn't seem real yet
we will wait and see.

has anyone ever had the up and down not as defined as the side to side of the plus... i think i need a second opinion.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
:

Quote:

Originally Posted by kikidee View Post
I'm joining in! I'm a nursing mama and we are now officially TTC. I just went off my mini-pill on Tuesday, so I'm waiting to see what type of bleeding I have. I haven't had my period since August 05 b/c I was on a 28-day mini-pill, so I expect the next couple of months to be interesting.

Going to catch up on all the posts in this thread....

Oh and I should put in bold that I am TTC - is that "waiting to catch the first PP egg" or "waiting to O"??
I have much to learn!

Welcome!!! We'll put you in waiting to O...hope your stay is short!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lovin' It View Post
New here.
Please add me to waiting to o.
I have a nursing 3 yo dd. Had a miscarraige in Feb and I've waited the recommended 3 AFs before trying again. Well, the third AF ends tomorrow (hopefully) then we will be officially TTC!
Read through the whole thread and just wanted to say congrats
:to those with BFP and
to those that had a loss and
: to the rest of you trying and
:
Hope your stay is short too!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momma Aimee View Post
I feel like i have nothign to add

- I'm right there with you mama!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by citymomstl View Post
So I am testing Monday, July 21, and time is DRAGGING!! Thank goodness we have a busy weekend. Hopefully I will blink and it will be Monday morning. I can honestly say (as a working mom) that I have NEVER been so excited for it to be Monday morning!!
-
Well let us know how it goes!

Quote:

you have to 'convince"
All i have to do is show up with out a child attached

-
: SOOOOOOOOOOOOO true!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by freezehead View Post
hi all! may i join? i just started my first cycle in 36 months (woo hoo) and am currently still nursing dd2 at 26 months. where should i put myself...?

maybe in waiting to catch first pp egg?
You got it! Welcome to the club!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by calinds View Post
Hi! I just found your thread a week or two ago...we had decided to TTC, but I still hadn't gotten my PPAF (15 months). Eureka!
It came Wednesday, so now we're waiting to O. I've never paid much attention to my cycle...knew generally when I was O'ing. It worked last time...took only 2 months to conceive DD. I'm hoping it'll be as easy this time, but am terrified that it won't...Thanks for being such a great group!

Cat

:

- Welcome mama!! Good to have you!!!

Not much going on for me. I have very little hope for this month as I have gotten my telltale day of spotting wherein AF appears 5 days later, like clockwork, most evilly cloaking the spotting as implantation bleeding! Evil woman.
:

#206 ·
Quote:
- Ooh! Keep us posted!! This wait time is murder really, I still think we should all have our belly buttons pop out like a turkey button when we're pregger - it would be so much easier!!
That would be easier!

I'm 17DPO. No positive tests and no AF. I am getting lots of wet/EGCM. Don't know what's going on with my body. *shrug*

#208 ·
well, upon further review, if I take my FRER out of the cassette, and hold it up to the perfect light, in the perfect angle, I think I can make out a very very very faint line.... hmmm. I definitely feel pregnant - and I've never had an LP or a cycle this long - but given the line (and the fact that the other test I took was a CLEAR negative) and my recent miscarriage, I'm definitely not ready to declare victory yet....

Anyway, please send babydust or sticky vibes - and hopefully I'll have good news tomorrow!!!

****crossing fingers****

#210 ·
Quote:

shanahan-lots of
:
: and a little
going your way.

Does anyone else here feel like time is standing still?

nope time is going toooooo fast -- DH adn I are OLD
each month is one more month closer to our "no mare getting pregant" cut off ....

#213 ·
Just stopping in to spread some
: and
for many
!

I am now 36 weeks pregnant and due any day.
: Progesterone was the trick for me. The first month I took it after ovulation...
for me.
I wish you all the best of luck conceiving quickly and healthfully.

#214 ·
i took another test later in the day and the line is slightly darker - but still ridiculously faint... We'll see more tomorrow morning w/FMU... and I already have a dr. visit scheduled for monday morning...

Here's hoping!!

eta - took another test this morning. A much clearer positive.... please be sticky, baby!!!!

#215 ·
Hi, I haven't posted here since I first asked to be added a few months ago. Things are really looking good for starting to TTC soon. Can't wait! We are meeting with midwives and looking at other things we want to get done. We want to start when our son is 18 months old, but wouldn't be upset if it happened sooner!
He'll be 18 months old in Sept..

I don't think I can catch up on this months thread, but congratulations to any BFP's and hugs for those who didn't.

Julie

#216 ·
Ooh Shanahan,

OK, I've started temping. How do those of you co-sleeping deal with taking your temp with a curious toddler? I usually explain everything to DS quite frankly, but I find myself hesitating since this is so...well, complex. I take my temp vaginally, so I can hide it under the covers, but...he's very alert, he's bound to find it and ask questions...nevermind want to play with the digital thermometer...

#217 ·
Quote:

shanahan-lots of
:
: and a little
going your way.

Does anyone else here feel like time is standing still?
-YES!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by naturegirl View Post
Just stopping in to spread some
: and
for many
!

I am now 36 weeks pregnant and due any day.
: Progesterone was the trick for me. The first month I took it after ovulation...
for me.
I wish you all the best of luck conceiving quickly and healthfully.
- Thanks mama!! Good luck with your birth and we will take all teh baby vibes you can throw our way!!

Quote:

i took another test later in the day and the line is slightly darker - but still ridiculously faint... We'll see more tomorrow morning w/FMU... and I already have a dr. visit scheduled for monday morning...

Here's hoping!!

eta - took another test this morning. A much clearer positive.... please be sticky, baby!!!!
- SHANAHAN!!!!!!
:
: I'm SO thrilled for you!!! Lord God PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep this baby safe for a happy and healthy nine months!!

Well on to my own craziness....I came home from church today and though "what the heck, I'm in the mood to POAS
and I have NO idea when af is due so why not! Lo and BEHOLD -
I haven't told dh and probably won't right away. He can't keep from telling anyone and with a history of miscarriages I don't want to go through telling people we lost it...again! Yikes! I'm so scared right now!! THRILLED - don't get me wrong, but almost mad I didn't wait to test until later b/c "what if". Shanahan, I'm praying for you, you pray for me! Sticky babies!!!

I'm also a bit in shock b/c I determined not to try extra hard to get pregnant but to be relaxed about it. I've had my 2 cups of coffee a day and wine with dinner a couple times a week. ARG! I don't want to stop the coffee part b/c too many times I'll cut it cold turkey and then miscarry...maybe it's good for the babies!
Gosh my emotions are all over the place!!
:

#218 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by risen_joy View Post
Shanahan, I'm praying for you, you pray for me! Sticky babies!!!

I'm also a bit in shock b/c I determined not to try extra hard to get pregnant but to be relaxed about it. I've had my 2 cups of coffee a day and wine with dinner a couple times a week. ARG! I don't want to stop the coffee part b/c too many times I'll cut it cold turkey and then miscarry...maybe it's good for the babies!
:[/COLOR]

YEA YEA!!! hoorah!!! lots and lots of sticky vibes to you too!!!!!

and I hear you on the emotions - on one hand, I want to start planning how to tell my parents when we visit them in 2 weeks - and on the other, I'm trying not to get too excited... its hard!!

anyway, about the coffee - not sure if this will help you, but during the 2ww, DH and I switched to 1/2 reg and 1/2 decaf. I don't even realize its not the same, so its an easy way to get my fix, but w/o feeling guilty. I'll probably even up the decaf portion now, too, although I only drink 1 cup so its probably ok...

again, congrats and hoping for

#220 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by pitchfork View Post
Ooh Shanahan,

OK, I've started temping. How do those of you co-sleeping deal with taking your temp with a curious toddler? I usually explain everything to DS quite frankly, but I find myself hesitating since this is so...well, complex. I take my temp vaginally, so I can hide it under the covers, but...he's very alert, he's bound to find it and ask questions...nevermind want to play with the digital thermometer...

I just never temped --
-- I charted everything else (when TTC CAP with Theo as a older infant and tot) .... The temps were wacky anyway with Theo constant night nurseing and constant night waking -- sometimes 10 minutes some times an hour, sometime in bed, some times the rocker ... and him laying ON me anyway .... soooooooooo i jsut didn't temp.

I got cheap POAS O tests of the Net and on CD 10 I started to pee on one a day -- dipstick kinds, got 50 for 20 bucks -- untill i got O pos test --

lazy i know
but
:it worked, we got CAP in 6 months of trying, 3 months of DH really being into it (he claims he was not telling the boys to swim before then
)

as for this time -- i just don't know where we are

CAP is almost 9 months we started TTC him when his big brother was 9 months. however I got my AF back 7 weeks PP with Theo and had her every 2 weeks for 6 monhts. so by 9 months PP AF was back and predictable and I was tossing eggies each month. I do not have AF back this time -- Theo is still nurseing, but like once or twice a day, and he is NOT effective so i do not know that HE is effecting antyhing. CAP nurses less than Theo did -- but must be more effective as he is bigger and gaining faster despite nurseing less time ont eh boob.

We are old. We were planning to "let go and let God" untill April 09 and if not preggo by then to call it off -- go for the IUD and jsut start counting the days untill we can submit the adoption paperwork.

Now we are planning to call it off at the end of 08.

conception be April 09 would put a baby here before i am 38 and DH is 44.

The thing is -- i feel nuts -- concpetion at our cut off -- Dec 31 08 -- gives us a new baby closer in age to CAP then CAP is to Theo (23 monhts)....so we'd have 3 kids in 3.5 years. Now -- we are ok with that, or else i wouldn't be HERE right,
But it IS kinda nuts.

there are time we sit and think -- can we really really do it -- I mean the purely physical aspect -- who sleeps where, nurseing 2 (theo i think would wean diring preggo time on his own, but would ask to re-nurse with the new one), carrying them around -- like physically getting them from here to there and so on .........................

really - we assumed my fertility would come back welllll before now, like it did after Theodore was born ... so we kinda thought the "let go and let God" discussion (not actually TTC but not preventing either) was more relvant.

now we have to wonder if my fertility is gonna return "in time" at all???

Thing is -- when we TTC Charles he was to be our last. Theo's pregancy and birth were awful. we went for it with TTC Charles due to our dedication to haveing our first 2 close age peers, then WOW the pregancy and birth (with an OB not the MW) was wonderful. I had all the same "conplication" but the OB wasn't freaky about them, and the birth was awsome. sooooooo we left the hosptial with Charles talking about a 3rd, adn a 3rd "sooner than before" (ie closer in age to CAP than CAP and Theo are) because that brith was so great and because we are so old.

Also we want 4 kids (even 5) we had been ok with 2 by birth (after haveing a bad birthwith Theo) because we were thinking of a sib adoption. Now we really think we will do a SN adoption of a deaf child -- so that is more likely to be a single child adoption, so we have "room" (
) for a 3rd biological.

but again we are old - if it doesn't happne soon --
:

I HATE BEING OLD and playing the math game in my head all the time -- ahhhh to be 26 not 36 and to just DTD and let it happen ....

aslo -- more confusion -- we are tenittively being moved in 09 -- not sure WHEN in 09. summer seems logical, but we don't know. and we don't know it WILL happne for sure and we don't know how much notice we'll be givien........

so that in the back of my mind too -- i do not really want to move 5 or 6 months preggo and have to re-invent the wheel finding a care giver and so on .....i like my hosptial here, i LOVE my OB
adn I want to birth with him again.

:So we keep DTD at least 4 times a week (normal for us anyway) and so realistically we should not miss any O-window. but given that all things perfect you only have a 20% chance of conception any givin month .....

#221 ·
Quote:

YEA YEA!!! hoorah!!! lots and lots of sticky vibes to you too!!!!!

and I hear you on the emotions - on one hand, I want to start planning how to tell my parents when we visit them in 2 weeks - and on the other, I'm trying not to get too excited... its hard!!

anyway, about the coffee - not sure if this will help you, but during the 2ww, DH and I switched to 1/2 reg and 1/2 decaf. I don't even realize its not the same, so its an easy way to get my fix, but w/o feeling guilty. I'll probably even up the decaf portion now, too, although I only drink 1 cup so its probably ok...

again, congrats and hoping for

if you have a history of non-sticky babies -- i would avoid ALL cafiinee -- better safe than sorry. Just me.

#223 ·
Quote:

nope time is going toooooo fast -- DH adn I are OLD
each month is one more month closer to our "no mare getting pregant" cut off ....
Ditto this. I wanted DS to be about 2.5 years older than #3. We're looking at 3.5 at best, now and 4 years difference is our cut-off. So frustrating but maybe it's the world's way of teaching me patience. I've always gotten pg 1st or 2nd try and now we're onto try #6... grr.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaliShanti View Post
18DPO. Same story. No AF. Cramps. Twinges. Wet/EGCM. *dunno*
I think it's possible you haven't ovulated yet. Strict TCOYF rules would put your coverline at 98.8 - so nothing would be over that yet. Throwing out the temp from the 27th would still put your coverline at 98.5 - so no clear temp shift there either. Just a thought.

Quote:

Here's hoping!!

: Yay!!!! Congratulations!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitchfork View Post
I do oral temps so I'm not too worried about DS playing with my thermometer (unless he erases a temp before I see it
. I just say that I'm taking my temperature. I answers whys with something about keeping a chart. My DC just don't seem to care too much about it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by risen_joy View Post
Well on to my own craziness....I came home from church today and though "what the heck, I'm in the mood to POAS
and I have NO idea when af is due so why not! Lo and BEHOLD -
I haven't told dh and probably won't right away. He can't keep from telling anyone and with a history of miscarriages I don't want to go through telling people we lost it...again! Yikes! I'm so scared right now!! THRILLED - don't get me wrong, but almost mad I didn't wait to test until later b/c "what if". Shanahan, I'm praying for you, you pray for me! Sticky babies!!!

:
: Yay! Congratulations! The thread-mistress magic DID work! I KNEW I should have done July.
I'm happy for you!

But I will take August. Really.

Also, I'm waiting to o when you've got a chance. I think it'll be this coming weekend - probably the night I drink myself silly at a bachelorette party. Don't they say that it's actually alcohol that gets all these young women pregnant, anyway? Maybe it works for old, crusty mommies too.
Wish me luck!

#225 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Max'sMama View Post
Congrats to the positives and
to those waiting.

I took my test this am and it was faintly
. I am waiting to be excited for a more definitive test, but according to the friends that saw the test, it was BFP.
OMG! It's an epidemic!!
: Congratulations, Max'sMama!

#226 ·

No AF, IUD out on the 1st, so I guess its just a wait and see deal. I'm OK with that. Friend just got her
and I realllly wanted her to be first, be able to help her when her babe comes, etc. Now though, I'm just at the point where I want AF to come so I know what my body is doing. It's wacky for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.