Mothering Forum banner

Eastern Shore Mamas...Join us HERE!!!

8K views 136 replies 31 participants last post by  abiyhayil 
#1 ·
Let's get to know each other

I'm Kaara, from Slower Lower/Salisbury area.

I'm a SAHM, love to be outside, and always lookin for new friends!

:Let's get together!!!

See less See more
#7 ·
I'm from slower lower with a 4yr old ds and a 2month old dd. DelawareMom, I love the name Rowan
, we considered it for dd but went with Riley instead.

I'd love to meet some MDC mommas IRL, let me know if anyone is interested in setting up an area get-together!

#10 ·
Hi Mamas-
I'm Charity from Salisbury, WOHM to Gracie who is 2 1/2 and Zachary who is 10 months (already!?). We would love to meet some like-minded mamas IRL also (but it would have to be on the weekend).

#11 ·
Yay! Hi again, everyone!
:

Just wanted to post some upcoming things in our area:

Thursday 9/11 at 10:30 is the Salisbury LLL meeting at Go Green Baby.

Saturday 9/13 at 10:00 I'll be doing another babywearing workshop at GGB; and on Thursday 9/18 at 10:00, we'll be having our regular (new members welcome!) monthly Delmarva Babywearers meeting at GGB. Feel free to join the Yahoo group to introduce yourself and find out about other upcoming events: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DELMARVA_babywearers.

--Rachel (mama to an almost-3-year-old!)

#12 ·
beachbaby-I have always been a babywearer, but my almost 3 yo is getting very heavy, and we've had to resort to a stroller as of late. Any carriers you can reccomend for us? It would be so much easier to wear her when we're out and about.

#13 ·
oh, to add to my last post, the most successful carrier lately has been a kelty carrier, but even that is getting difficult to lug her around in

I'm thinking it's because she's up higher on my back, and not closer to my body.

#14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by kyndmamaof4 View Post
beachbaby-I have always been a babywearer, but my almost 3 yo is getting very heavy, and we've had to resort to a stroller as of late. Any carriers you can reccomend for us? It would be so much easier to wear her when we're out and about.
Hey, Kaara! I still wear my almost 3 year old, too. She's not even 30 lbs, though. I used the AngelPack LX (APLX)--it's a soft-structured carrier with a wide, padded waistband. The weight is on your waist, so there's not as much pulling on your back or shoulders. I wore DD comfortably for 2+ hours in it while walking at a hilly fairground recently. The beco is similar and an Ergo might work for you, too. Go Green Baby sells the APLX.

#15 ·
Hi all! I live in Easton, Md and I am mommy to 2 and 1/2yo Logan and 5mo Molly. Nice to meet all the new mamas!

Rachel, pm'ing you - can't make it to the babywearing meetings anymore on thursdays and i've GOT to give you your wrap back!!

We should all definitely get together, anytime but tues and thurs am is good for me!!

#17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MAWebster92182 View Post
Looking for daycare centers in Salisbury area as I may have found a new job in that area.....I know many of you are SAHM, but perhaps you have family.friends who utilize daycare & may be able to offer suggestions. Many thanks!
Hi

I am a WOHM and my two go to a family daycare on S. Kaywood Ave. Our daycare mom is wonderful
:
PM me if you want her name and number.

#18 ·
Hi!

I haven't been around in a while, but I'm baaaack - LOL!

I live in OC/Berlin and have a 5 y.o. and 2.75 y.o. and one on the way
Rachel... shhhh... no one knows yet!)

There's an upcoming book talk/signing by a local author that I think everyone here would really enjoy. I haven't actually read the book yet because I just found out about this yesterday. Link here: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=968914

#20 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mama2claire View Post
Hi!

[/url]
Hi, mama & YIPPPEEEE! Congrats!!!
: My lips are sealed IRL! Oh, I'm so excited for you!

#22 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by beachbaby View Post
And just a reminder about the babywearing meeting tomorrow (Thursday). 10:00 at Go Green Baby in Salisbury. Hope to see some of you there!
argh, I haven't been on in a while and just missed this post by a couple hours! what is this, bad karma??? sheesh...
well anyways, just wanted to share my news- I got on ebay and bought a brand new red sateen hotsling in my plus size 6 (which is apparently hard to get), for only $14.95 plus shipping, yeah!
I just got it yesterday and it looks like it might actually fit, it's pretty comfy, I just don't have a wee one to put in just yet to try out, but hopefully very soon!

looks like by all the intros we've had a boom in membership, how awesome! if anyone wants to get together out in the salisbury area I'm game, and I have a friend in snow hill not on the boards but who wants to get together with some other moms too (like me, she's also semi-"crunchy"). mid-late mornings are best for me, since it takes me like 3 hours to get the kids out of the house when I'm by myself. just email me at mommy2miracles@verizon.net if you want to get together somewhere, if you don't hear back right away it's hopefully b/c I'm in labor!

also- anybody here into scrapbooking? I haven't been able to find a scrapbooking group in the area yet.... I have a ten seat dining table and am more than happy to host a small crop....

#23 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mama2claire View Post
Hi!

There's an upcoming book talk/signing by a local author that I think everyone here would really enjoy. I haven't actually read the book yet because I just found out about this yesterday. Link here: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=968914

Congratulations on your little blessing!
(sparkling cider
)

#24 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by kyndmamaof4 View Post
Congratulations on your little blessing!
(sparkling cider
)
congrats from me too!!! let me know if you need a homebirth mw- mine is great and she is actually interested in doing more around this area!

#25 ·
oh and did I mention I LOVE the new baby store???!!! I never get to go in as it always seems like we go to the health food store on mondays, when she is closed! finally a couple weeks ago I got to go in and I loved it, it's so neat and clean, and I totally am loving the cute wood toys for the kids' christmas presents! tried to talk the hubby into going to the cloth diaper seminar this month but he is really resisting and I don't think I am going to win the "let's switch to cloth diapers" battle. anyways I recommend a visit, it's fun!

#26 ·
This is my first post on MDC and I'm so happy to have found such a place as this. I'm learning something new all the time! Anyway, there is the possibility of my husband and I moving to southern Delaware (Millsboro) in the near future. We have not TTC but that might change soon too. The move would put us in the position of being able to start that possibly. I am just wondering what the birth options are for women in southern Delaware who don't want a hospitalized/medicalized birth experience. So far I've learned that is only one birth center in DE and it is in Wilmington... seems a bit far for a car ride while in labor. I've also heard about midwives not being able to attend homebirths legally. Is all this true? Would it be any better to go into Maryland for a birth? Has anyone used a midwive at home anyway? Is it worth just making the drive to a birth center? What have you ladies done?

And on another note... does anyone live in or know about Millsboro? I'm just curious what it's like. I've never lived near the ocean before!

P.S. I hope I posted this right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.