Mothering Forum banner

nocturnal mamas tribe

24K views 503 replies 66 participants last post by  majikfaerie 
#1 ·
:
my name is layla and sunlight makes me sleepy...

where are all my night owl sisters?

See less See more
#54 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Susannah M View Post
I'm here but I should really be cleaning my kitchen since DS is asleep
:
not at all. all the good parenting advice says to rest when your kids are sleeping. if you can't sleep yourself, do something to unwind. but don't do housework.do that when they're awake.

#56 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by majikfaerie View Post
not at all. all the good parenting advice says to rest when your kids are sleeping. if you can't sleep yourself, do something to unwind. but don't do housework.do that when they're awake.
Geez, then I'd never get anything done! This kid is up from 6am to 9pm most days and doesn't nap anymore. I work full-time. DP can't focus on much other than DS while he is awake (it is really hard, he is super high energy). So my kitchen is still full of dinner dishes and it is almost 10:30pm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by majikfaerie View Post
and I wasn't just saying that so i'd have someone to talk to

Uh huh, sure

#58 ·
Quote:

Geez, then I'd never get anything done! This kid is up from 6am to 9pm most days and doesn't nap anymore. I work full-time. DP can't focus on much other than DS while he is awake (it is really hard, he is super high energy). So my kitchen is still full of dinner dishes and it is almost 10:30pm.

Quote:

OMG I just watched your daughter sing about a heart transplant. She is hilarious!

yep.
you should see her Hello Kitty song.

#67 ·
Okay, now it is working

Those are some moves she's got! I love the instruction she gives to not laugh - I would have been cracking up after about the first 10 seconds!

And completely OT, but why oh why has no one invented a house that will clean itself?!

#70 ·
Wow, you guys were up late
I went to bed 2, but I'm in a different time zone, so I think you guys were posting while I was sleepin' hehe

Majik, your DD is awesome! My DS also likes to compose song or do covers, but only when he's in the mood and he's very camera shy. We recently got him on camera playing the "drums" in the bath. Drums (they're all over the house, DH is a drummer) or air guitar are his main instruments.

#72 ·
Danielle! I missed you

My kitchen is clean though and all of the fresh tomatoes I have are in the freezer waiting to be canned until Tuesday when I have time. Yay clean house!
Okay, I'm pooped and going to bed. Got to be at work in 7 hours. Ugh.

#73 ·
Pst! Is anyone up?I went to one of my last hula classes for awhile and DH actually made dinner and cleaned up and the littlest one is asleep so I really have no excuse to be up.

#75 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by crittersmom View Post
Pst! Is anyone up?I went to one of my last hula classes for awhile and DH actually made dinner and cleaned up and the littlest one is asleep so I really have no excuse to be up.
I'm up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.