Mothering Forum banner

nocturnal mamas tribe

24K views 503 replies 66 participants last post by  majikfaerie 
#1 ·
:
my name is layla and sunlight makes me sleepy...

where are all my night owl sisters?

See less See more
#78 ·
checking in. DS fell asleep early today, around 10:30. I was reading up on different supplements and herbs and now it's midnight where I am and I'm getting sleepy. I guess I'm not quite as nocturnal tonight as I usually am.

Seems like I am posting several hours before or after most of you.

#79 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by stormborn View Post
Sorry I missed you...we went back to MIL's to can some tomatos. We love your username; those are our favorite books around here.

which are your favourite books?

#86 ·
DS fell asleep like way early last night. Around 8 pm. He woke up to nurse more times than usual (prolly cause he skipped dinner) and was definitely up at 5:30. DH slept longer than me so poor guy got up at the crack o' dawn.

On the rare occasions that DS goes to sleep earlier than 11, he always sleeps worse. Tosses and turns, wakes to nurse more often. Anyone else experience this?

#87 ·
Well, I've got a kid who sleeps when she's sick. She doesn't whine, cough, wheeze or puke with most things, she just sleeps. She'll sleep for 36 solid hours when she's ill, waking only for water and the toilet.
Her sleep is usually less restful when she starts such an illness.

It's probably got more to do with the rhythm of sleep than anything, though. If he went to bed at 8 every night, his body would be used to planning around it... but because he isn't, his sleep cycle doesn't line up right. It's complicated, and of course without a lot more information I'd have no way of knowing which was the cause and which the effect (i.e. whether the rhythm is what makes him go to sleep later, or he goes to sleep later which made the rhythm different).

#91 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by redveg View Post
Hey mf. Find out who did it yet??

no one will admit to it. I still have another couple of suspects whom i've not seen yet. but I think the culprit is just hiding in an egyptian river.

#94 ·
Well, the minivan is a little less messy.
I've been watching Luther. It's really good, actually (this coming from someone who never has been and never will be a Christian).
I'm also debating the relative merits of snacks.
What's up?

#95 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
Well, the minivan is a little less messy.
I've been watching Luther. It's really good, actually (this coming from someone who never has been and never will be a Christian).
I'm also debating the relative merits of snacks.
What's up?
cool
I've been photoshopping

#96 ·
Ah, back.
It's Facebook games again for me. If I could manage to hide a booklight, I could read something aside from the computer screen.
I think I may watch the South Park movie or something soon. Hm.

What's up?

#98 ·
Its 1.30am here and I am 'rewarding' myself for spending more than an hour and a half doing business banking and logging invoices. I've just made some flapjack and put that in the oven for the boys to take to school tomorrow and put some oatmeal to soak so that they can cook it quickly in the morning.

Dh took dd2 to bed tonight and has crashed fully dressed with her on the bed. Poor love: he keeps my nocturnal hours but gets up around 8.30 most days to pick up the phone to the people who think that a business should open at 9am on the dot.
: Now my z key has stuck down...... I hope I won't have to use it too much tonight!

Anyhoo must get back to statements now and get the flapjack out of the oven in a minute.

Cool pics Majik

Did anyone notice that you cleaned the minivan eilonwy?

#101 ·
I'm up but getting ready to go to bed early! It's only 1.25. I've been adding info to our new data base system and it has made my eyes bleed. I have a numb bum too from sitting on an uncomfortable stool at my sewing cabinet. If I open the lid but don't swing the machine up I can balance the laptop on there an it is a good height to work at. I'd rather be sewing though!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.