Mothering Forum banner
109K views 702 replies 223 participants last post by  michelleepotter 
#1 ·
Continue on!

I don't have any new ink. Just haven't been inspired enough by any designs to add anything to my body.

See less See more
#229 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by oceanwinds View Post
The next tattoo I plan on getting is a dogwood flower on my inner left wrist. I'm also thinking about maybe having a pinecone with a dogwood flower in front of it instead. I've been wanting something to symbolize North Carolina because it is my home and I miss it so much.

I've also been wanting an arm sleeve forever and today it just dawned on me: Why not do a sleeve dedicated to NC? I could do the dogwood and pinecone, but also add all kinds of things like a venus flytrap, honey bee, cardinal, strawberries, etc.

Does this seem silly or like it's too much?
Okay, not too much at all! I am hoping to do a sleeve sometime in the near future (but I've been saying that for about a year now!) and this is very similar to what I wanted to do. Kind of like nature's healing altar on my arm. I was wanting to incorporate seasons as it moves down. Flowers, plants, pinecones, acorns, holly etc. I will also have one or two honeybees in there!

I have about 30 hours of ink in just two pieces. I have a backpiece and a stomach piece. The sleeve will be my third.

I have also been pierced just about everywhere, though not much remains....my dear friend is a piercer and did almost all of my work. Dh and I are both pretty heavily inked.

#230 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maeve View Post
And the customer service is great and they ship quickly.

Check out this place too:
http://www.tawapa.com/store/home.php

Expensive, but sooooo pretty. I love to window shop there and dream of all the things I would order if I only had the bottomless pit of money.

I just got two pair from here the other day! They are STUNNING! One is a sterling floral spiral (6 g.) and one is a abalone wisteria (6 g. too) Absolutely lovely. I am going for the seraphim next!

I was at a 00, but stretched and let go back down. I miss the 00 for the kick ass plugs and eyelets, but really like the girly things that are out on the market right now!

#232 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by firefaery View Post
I just got two pair from here the other day! They are STUNNING! One is a sterling floral spiral (6 g.) and one is a abalone wisteria (6 g. too) Absolutely lovely. I am going for the seraphim next!

I was at a 00, but stretched and let go back down. I miss the 00 for the kick ass plugs and eyelets, but really like the girly things that are out on the market right now!
I LOVE the fact that there are tons of pretty/girly things! The whole reason I decided to stretch my lobes was because I saw a pair of plugs I liked one day

#233 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by devilishdestiny View Post
for my next tattoo i'm just planning on something really simple. my son's birthday, 09-14-07, on my left wrist. i may do something different once he is older and has a bit more personality.
anyone have pics of body mods you have gotten for your children?

I just got one for my girls on Friday. Here is a link Dragons.jpg

This was my first ink and I'm SO excited about it.
It was 6 hrs in the shop, around 5 in the chair.
I love my artist... I could have just kissed him for the work he did..
I'm a happy mama with my first experience.

#235 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
I just got one for my girls on Friday. Here is a link Dragons.jpg

This was my first ink and I'm SO excited about it.
It was 6 hrs in the shop, around 5 in the chair.
I love my artist... I could have just kissed him for the work he did..
I'm a happy mama with my first experience.
VERY cool. That is a gorgeous piece!

#237 ·
Hearing about everyone's peircings makes me realize how much I miss mine
I used to have my nose, nipples, tongue, and lip peirced.. but nursing doesn't appreciate any of those..grrr... I also have a horrible crescent moon tattoo on my upper chest, and chinese symbols for Angel/Dark on my neck. I'm hopeing to get the moon covered up with black ivy and a small red flower (for my DD) before I get married in April..

Piercing question: Anyone have/had peirced nipples and successfully breastfeed? I couldn't get DD to latch so we had to give up, but I'm curious about BF the next one..

#239 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by littlechloesmommie View Post
H
Piercing question: Anyone have/had peirced nipples and successfully breastfeed? I couldn't get DD to latch so we had to give up, but I'm curious about BF the next one..
each of mine were pierced three times and I breastfed! I had low supply (nothing to do with the piercings what-so-ever, after each kid my milk never came in. Once we got it to with herbs and drugs I nursed just fine) but my 4 year old recently stopped and my 2 year old is still going strong.

This is totally OT...but next time you may want to try some cranial work for the baby. Good luck!

#240 ·
Just joining in. I have two tattoos, got them both while nursing a baby under 1(different babes though). I looked into it with my 1st and found that the molecules of ink are too big to get into breast milk. The biggest risk was with infection, but I took proper care of it, mainly letting it heal without messing too much, and both tattoos healed beautifully. My tattoo artist didn't know the 1st time(didn't want him to turn me away), but the 2nd time I told him, he was cool with it. He was very professional and an excellent artist.

I have one tattoo of a henna design on my left shoulder and a stained glass image on my left thigh. Yes, both on the left side, it just seems right. Anyways I am thrilled with my tattoos, and totally addicted. The only part I don't like is the actual application, uggh!

For my next one I want a series of rainbow colored stars going from my right knee to just under my ribcage on the same side. Also I want a large giraffe safari scene on my back. And so on, and so forth. I am a bit aware of looking all "tattooed", even if it is more common, most people aren't covered in them and I don't need to stand out like that. But what I like in tattoos is different from the average. I truly think of it as artwork.

So many other gorgeous tats!!!

#241 ·
Greetings, Mamas!
After years of longing for a tattoo, I got one last June!!
: It's a celtic tree-of-life design, but uniquely mine...I brought in a design that I liked, and the artist had some of his own, so we combined the top of mine with the bottom of one of his, and made a new one! It's a stylized, celtic knot design, with a treble cleff worked into the trunk of the tree. I need to have someone take a pic so that I can post it here. I'm so proud of it; since it's my first, I was thrilled when it didn't smudge, didn't come off in the shower, etc...it was part of me! Mine! It still makes me happy when I think about it. It's on my right upper thigh, sort of on my hip...the only "problem", if you can call it that, is that I can't just show it to anyone when I feel like it, kwim? I want to get another one that can be covered easily, but that I can let show if I want to.

I, too, love my artist. He was very reassuring, had no problem with a friend of mine coming with me to "hold my hand" figuratively speaking, and when I came back for him to finish it, he said I should be proud of myself, that I didn't need any hand-holding, that I was a "big girl" and could do it myself!

This tattoo is a kind of spiritual growth thing for me. That's another story though...
I'll share it sometime...

and
to everyone,
Raven
:
:
:
hale:

#242 ·
oh my gosh, i got a monroe piercing last night!!
:im so excited. i hadnt planned on getting it until next week but my friend put up some cash for me. i thought my dh would freak but he said it was hot!! i wasnt expecting to get anything done since i just got a tat a few weeks ago.

#244 ·

My nose ring came out.
I changed the post for a ring a few months ago and since its so small (18g) I've been having problems with the bead falling off. It came off a couple of weeks ago but I can't go in to have a bigger sized ring put in, or change it out for an L post because I'm on stupid bedrest.

Its been staying in fine without the bead for a couple of weeks, I've only had one instance where it took me awhile of fidgeting to get it back in. But this morning it came out and I've been trying for over half an hour to get it back in. I called the place I had it done and asked if he could do a housecall and come over and change it out, but he said no.

So now my ring is out. I'm so, so sad. I cannot get it in and I'm afraid I'm just going to have to let it grow over.

The last few months haven't been hard enough, now I have to lose my beloved nose ring. I'm terribly sad about this.

#245 ·
sorry to hear about your nose ring SageSS, were you able to get it back in? the only things i could think of that might help would be using something to lubricate it (vitamin E oil?) and wearing latex gloves to improve your grip.

hram, the monroe piercing is hot! do you have any pics of it? if i ever get a facial piercing, that will be it!

i finally got my first tat
my artist was booked 5 months in advanced so i've had lots of anticipation building up to this. here's a pic http://www.new.facebook.com/photo.ph...df&id=14209043

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.