Mothering Forum banner

marathons for $42 at target.com

22K views 376 replies 107 participants last post by  Pumpkin_Pie 
#1 ·
in granite, cowmooflauge for $59 or something like that.

Hopefully they won't pull the same stunt as baby universe a couple months back

Oh, and they are the 33 lb seats, but a great deal that you can't obviously beat

ETA: the estimated arrival date is mid-december to early january, by the way.

#354 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by dearmama22 View Post
I didn't get a gift card!! should I email them about it or call them?
I haven't gotten one either but since it took many hours for everyone to get their cancellation e-mails, I'm figuring we'll all see it by the end of the day.

#355 ·
I got an e-mail and didn't contact the AG. I knew it was a mistake from the start. DD has a Britax Marathon that cost something like $250. We knew it was probably too good to be true but figured what the hey and tried to order another for a gift. Given the crap economy I'm surprised and impressed that Target's giving out anything.

I think it's incredibly generous that they're giving everyone $25. They certainly don't owe me anything. Mistakes happen and I'm totally over it.

#356 ·
The thing is though some people(even on this board) did get them at the low(mistake) price, that's why this is fishy. Plus, it seems like a weird thing that it said if you take this offer you basically are saying that you are happy it's all good, and I won't go after Target. That part seems a little odd. It wasn't like a whoops, sorry our bad kind of tone...it was more like oh great we have peeved a huge part of our demographic and have received thousands of complaints, let try and make good or something worse may happen. IDK, I could totally be reading in to it.

I just don't like the tone that it had.

#357 ·
They are legally within their rights to do nothing about it. I doubt a class action suit would solve anything, given their pricing policy that everyone agrees to when they submit an order. I do not believe these GCs are anything more than a kind gesture and a desire to stop bad press, complaints, etc. I actually understand it from their side.

Of course, I could be wrong. (Isn't that always an option?
) However, I do not think I will be pursuing it because I recognize a mistake was made and I recognize they are accepting ownership of that mistake.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swimswamswum View Post
***I think it's incredibly generous that they're giving everyone $25. They certainly don't owe me anything. Mistakes happen and I'm totally over it.
:

#359 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by CrunchyGranolaMom View Post
I emailed them to get my $25 gift card. Worked in two minutes!
I just tried that since my first email to target got me blown off back to Amazon. It seems they don't want to do anything for the Amazon customers, even though the seats were still 'sold' by Target.

#362 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pumpkin_Pie View Post
So, I just received an email from Target with a $25 gift certificate code and an apology for the pricing mistake on the carseats. They said that by redeeming the code, I would give up any right to pursue further action with them. I wonder if has anything to do with contacting the attorney general, or if it means that if I do not redeem it that I may have a shot at getting one of the seats at the advertised price.

Anyone else receive this email?

We got the e-mail, and we did not ever complain to anyone, never called or e-mailed customer service even, so I think everyone who ordered a seat got one.

#363 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by swimswamswum View Post
I got an e-mail and didn't contact the AG. I knew it was a mistake from the start. DD has a Britax Marathon that cost something like $250. We knew it was probably too good to be true but figured what the hey and tried to order another for a gift. Given the crap economy I'm surprised and impressed that Target's giving out anything.

I think it's incredibly generous that they're giving everyone $25. They certainly don't owe me anything. Mistakes happen and I'm totally over it.
I totally agree.

#364 ·
I got the email too. I had two separate orders, but used the same account. I just got the email once.

I think it was really generous of Target and I'm no longer upset/unhappy at all. Sure it would have been great to get such a deal on the seats, but it was a mistake. Either a pricing error or someone didn't program in when to deny orders as OOS.

I'm really happy for the people who got such a great deal on the seats! Meanwhile, I found a $5 off 50 code, used my $25, got the free shipping, and am happy with my $30 of free merchandise!

#366 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Calla~ View Post
I totally agree.

Exactly! I still don't understand why people got so upset over a mistake...I'm sure whoever made the mistake has already lost his job over this.

#367 ·
Why are they sending the cow ones but not the gray ones?

#370 ·
I got my order canceled and no $25 gift code. When I e-mailed them to tell them I would like my order honored or the $25 gift code they told me they were sorry but it was a simple pricing error.
I have e-mailed them again telling them that they need to honor my order or send me the $25 code. They can't really give some people either their seats or $25 and other people nothing. Now that's terrible customer service!

#371 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by bmhpke96 View Post
I got my order canceled and no $25 gift code. When I e-mailed them to tell them I would like my order honored or the $25 gift code they told me they were sorry but it was a simple pricing error.
I have e-mailed them again telling them that they need to honor my order or send me the $25 code. They can't really give some people either their seats or $25 and other people nothing. Now that's terrible customer service!
Did you order through Amazon.com?

I did and haven't gotten anything and when I email Target, they blow me off and tell me to deal with Amazon. When I email Amazon, they tell me that Target is the one who sold the seat and made the error.

#372 ·
I got the $25 email too -- I think I am going to not cash in on it for now -- the disclaimer is interesting and makes me think they are only doing it because the attorney generals of various states have started investigating.

I mean, why would they wait this long to send out the emails offering the $25 credit?

I will let you know if I hear about from the attorney general about my complaint...

#373 ·
By the way, I did a search on Ebay for the britax marathon cowmooflage prints...

http://shop.ebay.com/items/?_nkw=bri...thon&_osacat=0

It seems like there are quite a few good deals --- my hunch is that some people who got theirs are already trying to make a profit. Not that there is anything wrong with that -- although I think I would sell mine (if I were lucky enough to get one) here on MDC. But it does increase my suspicion that LOTS of people got their seats...

#374 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by alysmommy2004 View Post
Are you willing to part with any?
I wish I could for moms who I know really needed the seats, but we did too. I can't even feel good about the thought of gifting anyone our other seats because they are so close to expired and really worn. I mean REALLY worn. I'm sorry!

#375 ·
I just wanted to let all of you know that the complaint I filled with our state's attorney general was responded to. I am told that lots of times they simply throw out the complaints and don't investigate unless they see cause to.

They ARE investigating the claim -- and are awaiting an official response from Target.

Just wanted to share...

#376 ·
*subscribing*

I ordered two of these seats from Target after hearing about it on another forum. One for my 2yo and the other for the new baby to be born in April. Of course, mine was cancelled as well, and I got the $25 gift code, but have been holding off to see what else develops from this...Thanks for the update and I will keep watching...

#377 ·
Yep, the attorney general from Vermont is investigating too. I got my letter on Saturday. I am going to wait and see what the response from Target is. Not holding my breath, but I am curious to see what happens in the end.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.