Mothering Forum banner

What Are You Reading?

724 views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  MaerynPearl 
#1 ·
So last time around I mostly read Dr. Sears' Pregnancy Book after some early horror with "What to Expect When You're Expecting."

Tonight I ordered these from Amazon's used book sellers:

The Working Woman's Pregnancy Book

Great Expectations

Prenatal Kundalini Yoga and Meditation for Mothers to Be (DVD)

Fearless Pregnancy: Wisdom and Reassurance From a Doctor, a Midwife and a Mom

The Panic-Free Pregnancy: An OB-GYN Separates Fact from Fiction on Food, Exercise, Travel, Pets, Coffee, Medications, and Concerns You Have When You Are Expecting

Yes, I am a giant geek. Let the reading begin!

What are you reading (or planning on reading?)

See less See more
#2 ·
I am also reading the Sears Pregnancy Book. I've also got a number of birth books that I've skimmed but not read yet: Ina May's Guide to Childbirth, Active Birth, The Sears Birth Book, and Birthing from Within.

I like the Sears Pregnancy Book but I find myself wanting more specific info on what the embryo is doing and looking like at any given moment. I downloaded Discovery Health's Ultimate Guide to Pregnancy, a documentary that has these amazing real in-the-womb videos, which is great for that. I've also been intrigued by the BBC's show Child of our Time. The first series deals with pregnancies, births and baby stages of the the children and then after that gets better and better as it follows 25 kids around every year and notes their development etc. Fascinating for me, but I'm a documentary NUT and I love the BBC.

ETA: OH! I found the Discovery Health Ultimate Guide to Pregnancy on Youtube! Check it out. There are 5 parts on Youtube this link is for Part 1 so you'll have to find the following parts by searching.

#4 ·
Quote:

Ohhhh - that dvd looks great! That's definitely on my to-get list. I'm still waiting on my friend in NC to get back to me and hopefully mail me my prenatal yoga dvd that I lent her.

I'm also planning on getting Ina May's Guide to Childbirth and Birthing from within. Heard great things about those.

#7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by jennifer413 View Post
http://3dpregnancy.parentsconnect.com/
Love the image! My babe doesn't even resemble a gummy bear yet.

In early labor last time I loved reading the birth stories in Spiritual Midwifery. This made my midwife chuckle when she got here.

Peggy Vincent's Baby Catcher is also awesome, though there's one or two stories you may not want to read if you're feeling nervous about the birth.

#11 ·
The internet and my doctor

but that's only because 1. I have no time to read but can quickly look things up during breaks at work and 2. I obsess over every little thing so I don't need to read about things I don't have and worry that I do

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.