Mothering Forum banner

Abusive Fetuses

631 views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Greenwillow mama 
#1 ·
I'm not kidding

* the "Punch your bladder & lay on it whenever I want",
* the "Kick you in the ribs & have fun doing it",
* the "Punch you in the cervix/vag", crap or whatever he is actually doing.
* the "I'm comfy where I am even if it makes you uncomfortable", positions.

My baby is taking advantage of his time in there. I'm glad he's happy and having a hayday, but I'm sufferrinngggg, from the hip pain, the tender/sore muscles, the fatigue that is starting to hit me hard, the ankle swelling, the 'have to sit down cause ur riding my hip' stuff. -- Edit: Not to mention not being able to breathe properly in any position while laying down.

How is everyone else doing?

See less See more
#2 ·
This is like the one and only reason I'm glad she's perfectly content sitting straight up. I get little tiny punches below my ribs, and the kicks are way down deep inside, like she's kicking my ovaries. I'm thinking from the sounds of it, it's much better to occasionally get kicked in the bladder than to have a head just resting there!

The downsides are that I'm already stressing about her turning (I'm only 28 weeks tomorrow so I'm trying to chill) (Holy CRAP I'm 28 weeks tomorrow!!!!) and that I think I look a lot bigger because of her head being way up top. Also, you can't see the kicks from the outside, which I'm sure would be much sadder if there was anyone around who wanted to see them (you know, like a FATHER, or my parents or something). Oh well.

I have, however, had EXTREME piriformis pain on the right side from about week 8.
: It gets better and worse. Today it's particularly UGH. I have developed a newfound love for rice socks. I even have one at work! I'm hoping beyond all hope this goes away once she comes. It doesn't surprise me that it's on the right side since she's totally cuddled up into the right side of my uterus. I wish there were free chiropracters.

#3 ·
Just remember- movements (kicks/jabs/uppercuts) are a sign of a healthy baby!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vegasgrl View Post
I'm thinking from the sounds of it, it's much better to occasionally get kicked in the bladder than to have a head just resting there!
Umm, DEFINITELY! I was a lot more comfortable when he was breech just 2 weeks ago!

Quote:
and that I think I look a lot bigger because of her head being way up top.
I was measuring big and now that he flipped to vertex, I'm measuring almost normal!

#4 ·
My little belly bean was actually in the lotus position first ultrasound (testing due dates really early...sigh...i went along with it to see if we could see a girl or boy part!) then during my final ultrasound, he was actually playing with the umbilical cord, kicking, wagging his fanny, smacking his head on my cervix....the tech was busting a gut.

At least, it explains why i pee every hour and sometimes have to have people hit my tailbone back in. He is head down already, i wonder if he can flip over...all my babies stayed head down once we were past 21 weeks.

I LOVE TO FEEL HIM KICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 ·
MY guy likes to gab at my bladder or cervix all day long and I feel like he will punch/kick himself out of there any minute!!!!!

He has yet to get my ribs real bad but Ds used to do that I had to literally move his feet or hands out of my ribs!

I am not sure if he is breech or not.

#6 ·
I used to feel constant kicks into my cervix but lately I'm not sure. I'm almost positive we're transverse 1-2 times per day as he/she flips around. Apparently I'm a jungle gym

I'd much rather have feet in my ribs than the ones trying to exit out the cervix. The head in the bladder isn't too bad -- it's the transverse lie that's awful. My belly isn't meant to stretch SIDEWAYS and it makes me feel like I weigh 400lbs!

I'm not sleeping these days and I blame it all on the baby. SO much to do to prepare and my brain will NOT shut off.

#7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mommy2Haley View Post
I'm not sleeping these days and I blame it all on the baby. SO much to do to prepare and my brain will NOT shut off.
Did you try the snoogle pillow it has been a godsend for me I didn't have anything like that with Ds and I refused to go through that all again with 600 pillows that move and shift ALL NIGHT LONG so as soon as I felt the need for pillows I research pregnancy pillows and this one is awsome you can even use it after to nurse and if you get stitches or have hemorroids (of course I am sure I will end up with more
) so it is great i think I will like it better than my boppy as it will give wonderful back support. Even Ds asked me if they make that pillow for kids also
I sound like a commercial for them sorry

#8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by SunShineSally View Post
Did you try the snoogle pillow it has been a godsend for me I didn't have anything like that with Ds and I refused to go through that all again with 600 pillows that move and shift ALL NIGHT LONG so as soon as I felt the need for pillows I research pregnancy pillows and this one is awsome you can even use it after to nurse and if you get stitches or have hemorroids (of course I am sure I will end up with more
) so it is great i think I will like it better than my boppy as it will give wonderful back support. Even Ds asked me if they make that pillow for kids also
I sound like a commercial for them sorry

Where did you buy it at? I found one at amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Leachco-Snoogl.../dp/B0000635WI <- is that it?

#9 ·
Re: Abusive fetuses (feti?) - I was experiencing almost constant tap-dancing on my cervix up until about a week or two ago, so I think he's shifted. I'm feeling more on my lower front, and a hard little head pressing against my ribs when he stretches. I don't know if he's getting more gentle or I've become more accustomed to the abuse!

Re: the Snoogle pillow - I concur! I inherited one from the hand-me-down fairy and it revolutionized my sleep! I'm finally getting full nights of sleep again.

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by First-Time-Mommy View Post
Where did you buy it at? I found one at amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Leachco-Snoogl.../dp/B0000635WI <- is that it?
I bought my Snoogle at the baby depot in Burlington Coat Factory. It was $40 so cheaper than Amazon, but didn't come with a pillowcase. I bought it there so I could try it and still return it without hassles (didn't return it though!). I put a regular pillowcase on the head part and that works fine if you don't care about the rest of it. I might make a whole case out of an old sheet.

Anyway, I like mine bc I can use ONE pillow that won't move, instead of 3 or more that will. My only complaint is that the head part is higher or puffier than I'm used to (I usually use a standard tempurpedic pillow) so my head feels higher up. And my DH is known to steal it if I'm not using it. He keeps pestering me to buy him one now!

#11 ·
I also can't believe how wild this little one seems to be! And it's often when I'm trying to sleep at night.

I usually sleep cuddled up with my 20 month old dd (who just in the past 2 weeks stopped nursing to sleep, but she still needs mama's cuddles) ... and with my belly pressed against dd, sometimes I wonder what she's thinking (getting pushed and punched by my belly all night)!!!!

#12 ·
I went to the doctor yesterday and the little ****** flipped....my kids saw my tummy freaking out after we had lunch (i had one little chocolate chip pancake stolen from my daughter's plate! LMAO) and the little guy just elbowed and headbutted my tummy. The kids thought it was hilarious!

So, now we are breech, but you know...it is soooo early.

#13 ·
First time mom here: How in the world do you ladies know what body part is where? I feel movement, but I have no idea what anything is. Sometimes they seem like big kicks, and sometimes much smaller, sometimes way above my belly button, and then sometimes way down near my groin. The movements down lower sometimes don't feel like kicks, just little movements. Sometimes I feel movement in 2 places at once, pretty far apart. I would love to know what the baby is doing in there!!!! How do you know? Can you press into your abdomen and feel the baby's parts? I'm a little afraid to do that - I didn't know if it would bother the baby or if I'd even be able to tell what anything is.

I love the kicking too! So far nothing unbearable. It's so cool that I can sometimes watch the baby's acrobatics...
:

Thanks!

#14 ·
First time mom here: How in the world do you ladies know what body part is where?quote]

THIS IS VERY UNSCIENTIFIC! lmao.

I tend to think of the big ball movements as the head....knees and legs normally go together so you feel a bump and an smaller jerk, and the smaller ones are what i consider the arms and elbows....

If you have to pee ALOT (not just normal "alot" but ALOT and you feel alot of pressure down there...) i figure that is the baby's head on my bladder...

When the baby flips, you feel it...it doesn't feel like the normal movements, it is more like you are "whoa" and kinda a "something felt weird"

This is the my third, and so i think i am finally figuring it out...with my first, i was just like "yup he is moving!"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.