Mothering Forum banner

Parents want to visit.. eek!

772 views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  Peacemamalove 
#1 ·
My mom has Monday and Tuesday off, so she and my dad want to come visit. The baby hasn't been born, yet.. I was "due" on the 11th and I'm terrified I will go into labor while they are here. They aren't aware of our UC plans and I'd really like to keep it that way. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I'm so scared I will go into labor and I will have to explain or they will call 911 or something crazy. I really don't know what to do. Any suggestions, thoughts? I'm spazzing a little.

#4 ·
This happened to me with my 2nd. I let them come by and when they arrived my water had just broken. I tried to "hide" it, but my labor was only 3.5 hrs long, so I was rockin' and rollin' even right after my water broke. They were only here for 1.5 hrs, but by the time dh got home and was getting them to leave (the longest $%##@#$# goodbye ever) I was screaming "Go! Just get the hell out! Go!" Never again.

#6 ·
I was due the 11th too and no visitors are allowed here until bub's born. Just say no mama! You don't need drama during this very delicate time. I'd bad enough everyone and their cousin is calling asking for updates.
Don't need people freaking out or possibly calling an ambulence while visiting!

#7 ·
Eeeek, that IS a problem! It's something I've been worried about myself. I'm due Dec 16, but my two previous babies were born 37-38 weeks, so I figure I should be prepared by Thanksgiving, when I'll be 37 weeks. Naturally, MIL has two weeks off after Thanksgiving.. And has BIG plans to spend them at my house "helping out." (read: interfering and condescending, but that's another post. lol). I think her plan is pretty much to make sure she's in teh house when i go into labor so she can, first of all, rush me off to the hospital (i think she suspects our UC plans), and second of all, ensure that she can watch the kids, since she's the last person on the planet i would ever call of my own free will. I keep hinting that I probably will just want to be alone and spend those last few weeks with my kids. Maybe something like that could work for you? If you have other kids, you could just point out that these are your last days as a family of 3 or 4 or whatever, and that you want to make them special. I also think, given that you're overdue, its totally reasonable to say you just aren't feeling up to company. You can even make up a dr excuse, if they think you've been getting prenatal care... Something like how you have to get a nonstress test that day or an u/s, or the dr has advised you to take it easy for whatever reason.... Good luck! I know how stressful this must be... I'm so scared someone will be in my house and there won't be any easy way to UC!

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by rjruiz_415 View Post
I would just tell them that with you being so big and pregnant, you are not up to having houseguests

that is pretty much been my speal lol.. i have told people to consider me a hermit till this baby comes.. and i am not due for weeks
: I think people need to recognize people need space when prepping for their birth.

#11 ·
"Mom, Dad, I know that with some time off coming up you want to come visit...to be honest with you, I'm really just not up for visitors. I was due a week ago and am feeling pretty miserable and big and huge and really want to just kick around home and wait for this baby to come...I would really like to not have any visitors until after baby gets here...but I love you so much!"

To be quite honest with you....I think the idea of houseguests when you are nearly a week past your due date...sounds absolutely insane. I have no idea why anyone would do that..UC or NOT!

I remember my last few days with DD, ESPECIALLY after passing that completely arbitrary and yet, somehow, completely mentally crushing "due date"...I was like a crazed, caged animal...I think I would have killed and EATEN a houseguest at that point...no sir, no guests for me any time at all around when I'm due to give birth...absolutely, no. freakin'. way!

#12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by AverysMomma View Post

I remember my last few days with DD, ESPECIALLY after passing that completely arbitrary and yet, somehow, completely mentally crushing "due date"...I was like a crazed, caged animal...I think I would have killed and EATEN a houseguest at that point...no sir, no guests for me any time at all around when I'm due to give birth...absolutely, no. freakin'. way!
lmfao ^ this was beyond true for me with dd
:

#13 ·
I would honestly laugh and think they were joking if someone tried to do that to me. "Oh, that's funny! Right, a week past my due date; let's have company! Ha ha! So, I guess I'll see you guys a couple of weeks after the baby is born"
Why would you even consider having them come? You are FULLY within your rights to say "No visitors until baby is born and I'm feeling good again"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.