Mothering Forum banner

Gender results!

747 views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  COgirl19 
#1 ·
We weren't planning on finding out the sex of this baby, but the ultrasound tech blurted out she several times, and we finally picked up on it

So, here we go! We have a girl
Well, she is 80% sure since I'm only 14.5 weeks.

So those of you who find out (or accidently find out) what you're having, what is it going to be

See less See more
#2 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MommaKitten21 View Post
We weren't planning on finding out the sex of this baby, but the ultrasound tech blurted out she several times, and we finally picked up on it

So those of you who find out (or accidently find out) what you're having, what is it going to be
WOW! I didn't know they could tell that early. I can't wait to find out. We will go right at 18 weeks, mid-March.

#3 ·
I'm so jealous! That you know and that it's a girl!
My U/S is scheduled for March 8, I'll be 18w6d. I can't wait! I wish they'd gotten me in at 18 weeks on the dot but that was the soonest they had when I'm 18-20 weeks. 31 days from now I'll know if I will ever get a daughter. EEK!

#5 ·
You may be the first in our ddc to know! Not sure when we'll have the u/s. My next appt is at 17 wks, and I'm concerned she'll want me to wait until 21 wks to fall on a regular 4 wk interval.

So, yay for you! You don't have to say he/she anymore!

#9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by LindsayK View Post
Our appointment is March 8th... can't wait

DH feels strongly that this little one is another girl. Does anyone else have strong feelings either way?
I've had feelings all along that this is a girl, even at the very beginning when I was kind of hoping for a boy. Now I have my heart set on another girl and it's going to be a slight shock if it's not, but I'm sure I'll get over it quickly.

#11 ·
My appt isn't till 20 weeks April 7th! It seems like soooooooo long away. I have no inkling one way or another, well that's not true one teeny tiny part of me says girl because everything has been so different from DS but I don't know...

#13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MommaKitten21 View Post

How exciting!! I'm about 14.5 weeks too so that's fun to know you can tell already. I think we'll have ours around 18-20 weeks but hopefully the tech won't tell!

#14 ·
Congrats for you!
Just a word of caution though, I had a u/s about 14 weeks or so and the tech was pretty sure it was a girl...at 20 weeks that same "girl" baby grew a penis and is now our third boy.

On the other hand, my sister in law had one around 14 weeks too and a girl at 14 weeks was a girl at 20 weeks too. Who knows?

Not trying to rain on your parade, but make sure they get a good look at your 18-20 week sono too.

Either way..congrats on getting to see your sweet baby again!!

#16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by LindsayK View Post
Our appointment is March 8th... can't wait

DH feels strongly that this little one is another girl. Does anyone else have strong feelings either way?
DH is also stongly feeling its another girl. I have no clue haha. I had convinced myself that DD was a boy and was super surprised when DH yelled out "girl"!!! He was so happy. He wanted his first child to be a little girl in the worst way!

#17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by babycatcher12 View Post
Congrats for you!
Just a word of caution though, I had a u/s about 14 weeks or so and the tech was pretty sure it was a girl...at 20 weeks that same "girl" baby grew a penis and is now our third boy.

On the other hand, my sister in law had one around 14 weeks too and a girl at 14 weeks was a girl at 20 weeks too. Who knows?

Not trying to rain on your parade, but make sure they get a good look at your 18-20 week sono too.

Either way..congrats on getting to see your sweet baby again!!

Well I have to let DH know about this! He is holding out for that 20% lol! It would be easier to have another boy as ds is 18 months.... so you know, hand me downs, brotherly love, all that jazz.... it would just be easier... but my life is never easy, so I was certain it was a girl
haha.

#18 ·
I am going to get one of the residents at work to US me thurs. I am thinking boy but not sure if that is just to lessen the blow when it is a boy but timing wise it should be a girl. Things are different this time but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

#19 ·
what about a totally unnatural hair color? I was itching to dye my hair hot pink, bright red, or blue before I got pregnant. I had dreads, chopped them off and am totally bored with my short "normal" hair. I would love to do a crazy color, or at least some streaks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.