Mothering Forum banner

Are you glowing?

909 views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  Melly24 
#1 ·
I don't know when the whole pregnancy glow is supposed to happen. But all of a sudden yesterday my mom told me I was glowing. I didn't tell DW that. And then this morning, I was about to kiss DW goodbye when I was leaving for work and she looked shocked and stepped back. She stared at me and said "Whoa! You're totally glowing!" She said my skin looked completely clear and porcelain-like and my eyes are bright and white and I just looked more beautiful than she's ever seen me. She was looking at me like she hadn't seen me in years! So sweet!!!!
So, I guess I'm glowing.

See less See more
#2 ·
Ummm... I have horrific hormone-provoked acne, does that count?

I never saw the "glow" last time around... maybe it was there and no one mentioned it, but I never noticed anything.

But I'm glad some other people glow. We deserve it

#5 ·
I've been told I'm glowing. I am not exactly sure what it means for me, but three people have separately told me I'm glowing in the past two weeks. I assumed it's because I am jubilantly happy for the first time in YEARS.

I always see pregnant people glowing in the summer...or maybe they're just sweating to death! I'm sure we'll find out this summer, since most of us will be hugely pregnant at the peak of summer (Southern Hemisphere folk excepted!).

#6 ·
Well I definitely don't feel like I should be glowing. My boobs hurt so bad I can barely walk! Putting deodorant on hurts! And it takes about 3 minutes of slowly sitting up in bed in the morning before I can get up because of the pain.

#7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by FtMPapa View Post
I've been told I'm glowing. I am not exactly sure what it means for me, but three people have separately told me I'm glowing in the past two weeks. I assumed it's because I am jubilantly happy for the first time in YEARS.
Awwww.

#8 ·
I find it hard to feel glowing when I want to curl up and go to sleep ... or wait, was that puke and then go to sleep?

I had horrible acne all over my cheeks and forhead that THANK GOD seems to have cleared up for now.

But glowing? Not so much! Your story was sooo sweet though, and hey, at least some pregnant women get to glow!

#10 ·
I was told I was glowing heaps when pg with DD. I felt like a Goddess too. Lovely shiny thick hair and clear bright skin and eyes. It's so lovely when people notice as well.

But I feel the opposite this time round.
Oily sums it up. Oily hair and skin. Gross.

Enjoy it ladies!

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mistymama View Post
I had horrible acne all over my cheeks and forhead that THANK GOD seems to have cleared up for now.
Yeah, mine cleared up last pregnancy around 12 weeks-ish. *waiting patiently*

*also jealous of the glow-ers*

#12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by blizzard_babe View Post
Yeah, mine cleared up last pregnancy around 12 weeks-ish. *waiting patiently*

*also jealous of the glow-ers*
Oh, I'm sure our time is coming. Just wait. I haven't started the m/s yet. I doubt I'll be glowing when my head is in the toilet.

#13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Monarchgrrl View Post
Oh, I'm sure our time is coming. Just wait. I haven't started the m/s yet. I doubt I'll be glowing when my head is in the toilet.

In fact, I DARE your DW to say, "I know it's unpleasant, but you're GLOWING!" as you blow chunks. That can only end well

#14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by blizzard_babe View Post
In fact, I DARE your DW to say, "I know it's unpleasant, but you're GLOWING!" as you blow chunks. That can only end well

<--- I've always wanted to use that one. Look she's glowing!

#15 ·
Ah that is so nice! Brought tears to my eyes. That's the dancing-in-a-field-of-daisies stuff that pregnancy memories are made of!

AFM, a resounding no. Belching and puking, yes. Glowing, no. Not yet anyway. With DS I definitely glowed. I have never been so gorgeous as 6-8 mos preg with him, and it really means something if I can say that about myself! Honestly my eyes shot lightening bolts they sparkled so. But that was when I was newly married, just moved to the country, slept soundly and did yoga daily. Now, barely two years later, I look fifteen years older. I haven't slept more than four hours in a stretch since, my skin is yellow and greasy, all my clothes are too small and smeared with mysterious toddler slime.

I sure hope the glow returns to undo some of the damage of the last few years.

Monarchgrrl, if you don't have m/s yet, I'd say there's a good chance that you're one of the lucky ones who is spared. I'm hopeful for you!

#16 ·
YES!!! I'm glowing! My skin has totally cleared up and it looks beautiful. I don't feel beautiful mind you, but I look it! I noticed right away that my skin was getting clear before I took the pregnancy test and was wondering what was up? I was using a new face washing technique for myself so I thought that might be it, but no, it's the glow. I plan on taking photos soon of my perfect skin so I can remember when the hormone crash happens after I have the baby and I break out again. Oh well. I wish I could bottle whatever it was in pregnancy hormones that gives women perfect beautiful skin. Just take out the stuff that makes you feel yucky and I think I'll be a billionaire!
Here's to glowing. Glow on ladies!!!

#17 ·
Glowing or glowering?

It's hard to feel like beaming a smile across the room when my eyes are red with fatigue, I'm walking around with a blanket wrapped around me to stay warm even though the heat's turned up to 75, and I know walking within 5 feet of the kitchen means a 10 minute trip to the bathroom, but I STILL must do the dishes.

There are some women who face all of this with a spring in their step and a song in their heart but I am not one of them. Also if I show my teeth to smile I will inevitably belch.

#18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Monarchgrrl View Post

<--- I've always wanted to use that one. Look she's glowing!

Quote:

Originally Posted by holothuroidea View Post
Glowing or glowering?

It's hard to feel like beaming a smile across the room when my eyes are red with fatigue, I'm walking around with a blanket wrapped around me to stay warm even though the heat's turned up to 75, and I know walking within 5 feet of the kitchen means a 10 minute trip to the bathroom, but I STILL must do the dishes.
I think you're me. Except rather than dishes, I had to create endless spreadsheets of student data today, so my big battle was not falling asleep.

#19 ·
I'm glowing. With rage. DH was sent to the store specifically to get me Rooibos 'n' Pomegranate iced tea. Did he get it? Nooooooooooo. But he buys himself 47584358573485834946 freakin' yogurts and then eats one in front of me when he knows that the very sight of yogurt makes me gag (even non pregnant) because I think it tastes like babygravy. Jerk. He is so lucky that he's cute because I'd have him beheaded.

Anyway.

I'm almost glowing. I think I see a little glowing skin under my acne. With my pregnancy with Ds all my acne cleared and I am patiently (lie) waiting for it to clear up this time.

#20 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsMike View Post
I'm glowing. With rage.

My thoughts exactly!

At this point I have decided I am NOT doing the dishes. My DH went to play hockey. He'll get back at midnight but I don't care, he's doing the dishes. I am not going anywhere near that kitchen. If he doesn't do it, he can expect to see how much I can glow. HAR

#21 ·
I'm also jealous of the glowers! Right now, my acne is worse than it ever has been, and I HATE it! I get up every morning and don't want to put on makeup because I hate the way makeup looks caked on with lots of acne, but at the same time my skin looks so bad that I can't possibly face the world without something on my face! It's a real catch 22. I too am trying to wait patiently in hopes that I will have that pregnancy "glow" in the coming weeks.

Congrats to all the glowers, you deserve it!

#22 ·
This is so funny! I got told that I was "glowing" the other night too, which cracked me up because I thought I was just sitting there trying (HARD) not to puke. It was after I told my friend that I couldn't have any of her wine right now...wink wink. Then she got all teary (we've been trying a while and she knows it) and said oh, you don't even need to tell me that right now because I was just LOOKING at you across the room and you are glowing. But yeah, haven't changed out of my pajamas in a couple of days and am not making it off the couch very much either...so I don't FEEL glow-y.

#23 ·
hey ya gals.
I am on the glowing side of the fence as of right now...my cheeks have a constant tinge of pink to them and my skin is very soft and clear. It depends on the time of the day when the glow is more pronounced. after dinner till about 9pm, which has been my bedtime for weeks , my cheeks are bright red.

yeaaaaaa glowing

#24 ·
I tend to glow and I noticed that it has started. It is totally wonderful, except for the past two pregnancies I felt I rarely got any sympathy for how I was feeling (miserable almost the entire time) because of my glow. I sounded like such a whiner too.

This pregnancy has been easier so I am hoping for health and glow!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.