Mothering Forum banner

Anyone a Lionbridge Internet Assessor?

590K views 616 replies 196 participants last post by  Neera 
#1 ·
#52 ·
I'm in the process of applying for this now. When they have attachments, should I just attach a resume. Did anyone put in references as well? I know it says you only need the English Compentancy Certificate if requested, which I doubt they will request from me (as I am native to the USA).

I'm also a bit confused about what goes in the "data overview section".
Any advice..

#53 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ameliabedelia View Post
I'm in the process of applying for this now. When they have attachments, should I just attach a resume. Did anyone put in references as well? I know it says you only need the English Compentancy Certificate if requested, which I doubt they will request from me (as I am native to the USA).

I'm also a bit confused about what goes in the "data overview section".
Any advice..
I just attached a resume. One of subsections on the resume is references which simply says that they are available on request. I don't remember the data overview section????

#55 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by giovanna973 View Post
great!!! yesterday night I did the first part of the exam and I passed!!!
I'm so happy...now I must complete all the 150 tasks...is it more difficult than the first part or not???
For me, the second part was easier since I'm horrible at math which was most of the first part.

My advice would be to rate each task but only submit the ones your absolutely sure of (such as the vitals or off topics) and then go back and recheck your ratings when you're done. Your understanding of how to rate does grow quite a bit as you move through the tasks and there are some I submitted early on that I wish I hadn't.

Good luck!

#56 ·
I just got notice that I passed the second part!

Quote:
My advice would be to rate each task but only submit the ones your absolutely sure of (such as the vitals or off topics) and then go back and recheck your ratings when you're done. Your understanding of how to rate does grow quite a bit as you move through the tasks and there are some I submitted early on that I wish I hadn't.
Good advice.

#58 ·
For those who went through the testing process, how long did it take to hear back about your results? I did the theoretical and knew within minutes that I passed it. I completed the practical portion monday afternoon and still haven't heard anything. Does that mean I didn't pass? Just wondering as there has been no news, good or otherwise.

#60 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Purple Sage View Post
You should hear back from them sometime on the day the test is due, if I remember correctly. Good luck!
That's how it's "supposed" to go down, but it took them about 3 days to get back to me. I know the waiting is brutal!

#61 ·
Thanks for responding. I think the test was due at 7am this morning, and it sounded like there was a batch of people they were testing, so maybe they are waiting to score everyone at once. I'll give it more time then. I was just getting paranoid because I heard about the first test right away.

#62 ·
Hi everyone! I just passed the second part of the test, so I'll be getting started on the work pretty soon. Yay! I do need some more work on differentiating between "relevant" and "slightly relevant." Hopefully that part will come more easily with time. Other than that, I'm excited.

#64 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by bajamergrrl View Post
Hi everyone! I just passed the second part of the test, so I'll be getting started on the work pretty soon. Yay! I do need some more work on differentiating between "relevant" and "slightly relevant." Hopefully that part will come more easily with time. Other than that, I'm excited.
Yay!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daffodil View Post
Those of who have been doing this for a while - how is it going? Any problems getting enough work or getting paid? I've been lurking on this thread, wondering if I should give it a try.
I've been working since the end of February, and it's going very well. No problems getting work or getting paid. Give it a try!

#65 ·
I hate to have to ask this again but how long exactly did it take to get the results back when you took the second test? It's now been two weeks. I even emailed then earlier this week and asked if the results were in and nothing. Does that mean I failed? I assumed they at least would let me know if I didn't pass the exam...

#66 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Purple Sage View Post
Yay!

I've been working since the end of February, and it's going very well. No problems getting work or getting paid. Give it a try!

Ditto this, except I've been working since the end of January. There's never been a time when there wasn't work to do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wytchywoman View Post
I hate to have to ask this again but how long exactly did it take to get the results back when you took the second test? It's now been two weeks. I even emailed then earlier this week and asked if the results were in and nothing. Does that mean I failed? I assumed they at least would let me know if I didn't pass the exam...

It sucks that you haven't heard back yet. I certainly heard back within the first week.

#67 ·
Hi all,
I a middle of the second part of the exam. I didnt have a pretest, I dont know why. I thought the first part was rather tricky, but I am finding the second is much easier. Am I missing something? Did you guys soend alot of time looking for spam. Any feed back would be great. Thanks!

#68 ·
I never had a pretest either, although I think some might be referring to the first part of the exam as the pretest. As for spam, that kind of tipped me up too. I downloaded a toolbar that allowed me to disable java and CSS. I just used that and scanned the entire page from corner to corner to see if anything showed up. Good luck!

#72 ·
Quote:

I still haven't heard anything so I am assuming I failed

I am sorry about that, especially that they haven't notified you. There are a couple of other rating companies out there, if you can stomach going through the whole process again.

#73 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mekatz73 View Post
I just got word that i passed the second part, I am so excited to start!
Hope you like it!

Quote:

I still haven't heard anything so I am assuming I failed

I'm sorry! I'm really surprised they didn't notify you one way or the other.

#74 ·
I really am too, if I failed I'm cool with it but why couldn't they just send me an email and say "sorry, you didn't pass"? I even emailed them about 2 weeks after and said I hadn't heard anything and was wondering what the deal was and still haven't heard anything back. Pretty rude if you ask me. Mekatz, do you have links or names to other rating companies? I'd be willing to give it a shot again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.