Mothering Forum banner

The Fabulous ONE Thread, April 18-24

13K views 380 replies 44 participants last post by  karmab 
#1 ·
WELCOME to The Fabulous ONE Thread, April 18-24!!

posted by alexisyael in 2004:
The One Thread is designed for all TTCers on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To help keep the list current and manageable, you will be deleted after a month of not posting. {Threadkeeper- names in: Black are current as of: MARCH 28, names in: Navy are current as of March 22}

If you would like to be a threadkeeper visit here and sign up at the end of the thread, or let this week's threadkeeper know!

Please make change requests in Bold

Waiting to O

AdalynsMama
•Adorkable•
AmyPDX
Avasmomm
brunetta
BunnyMcFluffy
Hesperia
iheartmyfamily
jenger
Julie1014
KingsDaughter76
Kyamo
LaceyBourke
lafemmedesfemmes
Lydiah
maybe4babies
miriam_bat_avraham
MommyMatsumoto
Moon Angel
Moonfireglow
MrsD08
myk
outerspacemama
Sweet.Bee
Tkgrl88
Tulpen88
tigerlily1
Vivica2

Waiting to Know (2ww)

Aly22681
annablue
CLH X3
DaddyM
finnegansmom
hollytheteacher
jenniferadurham
Keria
MahnaMahna
Maurine
MI_Dawn
mommytoallh
mumma cop kaz
Sarabravo
SML27
Spinnerette
Stevi
sweetest77
Tanikit
Tara2
WTHamI?

Waitin' n Marinatin'

Tear78

Waiting for Aunt Flo

lovebug

WTF IS GOING ON?!?!

karmab

Waiting to be Ready

Blanca78
HulaJenn
Lousli
MrsMike
sleepingbeauty
SimplyRochelle

~PREGNANT~
April BFPs!!!!

enigo
shy
TheDivineMrsM
ema-adama
Apmama07
brichole1214

March BFPs!!!!!

Alesmama07
BarefootGirl
NortheastSuperstar
YummyYumYumMama
theirmommy
Sobranna
February BFPs!!!!!

04Mom07
chainedangel
Demeter
grateful301
ilovemaine
jennmk13
kel32brown
Mumof3Nic
naturelady
quasar
smartycat
stellamia

See less See more
#352 ·
spin- you are still in. 9 dpo is still very early to test.
take a big breath in and exhale. what will be already is, at this point, we are all just along for the ride. if af does come in the next 24 hrs, we will talk about lp length strategies with you to get ready for next cycle. if it doesnt, hang in there and test again at 11 dpo or more.

#354 ·
KingsDaughter... I'm sorry.

Spinerette... 9DPO? I don't think you'd be getting AF symptoms yet, perhaps your mood is coming from something else? I'll keep my toes crossed!!!

AAM... I slept a bit better in some ways last night. I think coming to the decision to go back to TTC on my own has had a calming effect on me. I hope so! Because dating to find not just a mate for me, but rushing it in my mind because of my fertility... Ugh! It was really stressful! I couldn't just date to have fun! Now I can, maybe it will help.

Everybody have a Fertile Day!!

And thank you for all of the well wishes!!!!

#355 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by karmab View Post
spin- you are still in. 9 dpo is still very early to test.
take a big breath in and exhale. what will be already is, at this point, we are all just along for the ride. if af does come in the next 24 hrs, we will talk about lp length strategies with you to get ready for next cycle. if it doesnt, hang in there and test again at 11 dpo or more.
Thanks Karma. It means a lot. I just needed to be reassured. I'm getting my usual irrational, emotional knee jerk reactions to things and a full feeling low in my belly like I used to get with AF when I was on the pill and I just got kind of scared.

Today I'm working at the record store so I'm going to throw in some Beatles and just Let it Be.

I want to thank everyone in this thread. It's so nice to be in such a loving, supportive group. There aren't many supportive women in my life (most are catty b*tches who constantly try to cut eachother down) so it's really refreshing to see us sisters gathering and helping one another. It just warms my heart, is all. <3

#357 ·
jennifer- how many dpo are you now? FX 4U!

spin- agree it's too early to tell. you are young and have every reason to be super fertile. Not like certain old bats... I speak for myself!

#358 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tara2 View Post
spin- agree it's too early to tell. you are young and have every reason to be super fertile. Not like certain old bats... I speak for myself!
You can include me in that "old bat" category!

#359 ·
You guys are too funny! In theory, I know I should be okay. I'm healthy, ovulating regularly, of regular weight, active and eating well, but the fact that I've never even tried, or been pregnant before just leaves me kind of insecure, you know?

There's also the fact that my husband (oh he'll kill me if he knows I mentioned this) has a lump on one of his testicles, inside his scrotum. Though it doesn't hurt him, or impede his "performance", I fret that this might have an effect on our combined fertility. I've been bugging him to get it looked at, and I think I'll bug a little harder on him, because he wants a baby just as much as I do and I think that might convince him to actually see a doctor about it.

#360 ·
I know i graduated several weeks ago but has anyone ever known anyone or had this happen to them?

I had to go to the ER for spotting and cramping last night and when they did my first u/s of this pregnancy they noticed there is some blood btw the placinta and my uterus. The doctor said that there's only like a 50/50 change that i will miscarry but i'm really worried. I was measuring 6w which is pretty much what i thought i was (my doctor said i was 4 days ahead of what i really am) and the heart rate is 124BPM. I know i'm probably just freaking out but i don't want to lose this baby after everything my and DH have been through over the past 2 1/2 years of ttc this baby!!!! I did find out there's only one so that is a plus for me since we were on fertility meds...and i don't have an ectopic pregnancy...which i was worried about too...maybe i'm worrying for nothing but the doctor said that if the blood keeps building up it can cause the placinta to disconnect from my uterus and thus cause a miscarriage.

#361 ·
oh brichole, how scary! I'm so sorry you're going through this. There is some great news in this: heartbeat, good measurements, even ahead of schedule. Focus on these wonderful positives and remember that you are pregnant and your body can do this. Take it easy and ask your DH to pamper you. I'm thinking of you, hon!
stick around, little one!

#362 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post
oh brichole, how scary! I'm so sorry you're going through this. There is some great news in this: heartbeat, good measurements, even ahead of schedule. Focus on these wonderful positives and remember that you are pregnant and your body can do this. Take it easy and ask your DH to pamper you. I'm thinking of you, hon!
stick around, little one!

Thank you sweetie!!!
DH is being great and even let me just stay with my paretns last night since they live about 45 minutes closer to the hospital we use than we do...he really is a great man and he's very worried about me and the baby. I am going to focuse on the good stuff and be positive!!!!

#363 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by brichole1214 View Post
I know i graduated several weeks ago but has anyone ever known anyone or had this happen to them?

I had to go to the ER for spotting and cramping last night and when they did my first u/s of this pregnancy they noticed there is some blood btw the placinta and my uterus. The doctor said that there's only like a 50/50 change that i will miscarry but i'm really worried. I was measuring 6w which is pretty much what i thought i was (my doctor said i was 4 days ahead of what i really am) and the heart rate is 124BPM. I know i'm probably just freaking out but i don't want to lose this baby after everything my and DH have been through over the past 2 1/2 years of ttc this baby!!!! I did find out there's only one so that is a plus for me since we were on fertility meds...and i don't have an ectopic pregnancy...which i was worried about too...maybe i'm worrying for nothing but the doctor said that if the blood keeps building up it can cause the placinta to disconnect from my uterus and thus cause a miscarriage.
Look up subchorionic hematoma. It is EXTREMELY common and I would actually say your chances of miscarriage are much less than 50/50... Several of the ladies in my DDC had one... its a common cause of early pregnancy bleeding (even some to the point of AF-like bleeding with clots!) but doctors do not know how or why they form and almost every time they clear up just fine by the next check.

(this is amazingly one of those times that googling a scary sounding medical term will actually relieve some of your fear!)

A couple quotes from the very first page you will find on it if you google it:

Quote:
SCH or Subchorionic Hematoma is a gathering of blood between the membranes of the placenta and the uterus. A more technical name is the chorion. Some doctors will also just refer to it as a blood clot.

Quote:
The current statistics for pregnancy loss with a SCH is 1-3%. This low percentage is related to large clots. Most pregnancies progress with no further complications. Most clots resolve on their own by 20 weeks of pregnancy. The clot either bleeds itself out or the body absorbs it.
http://www.justmommies.com/articles/...hematoma.shtml

#365 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
Look up subchorionic hematoma. It is EXTREMELY common and I would actually say your chances of miscarriage are much less than 50/50... Several of the ladies in my DDC had one... its a common cause of early pregnancy bleeding (even some to the point of AF-like bleeding with clots!) but doctors do not know how or why they form and almost every time they clear up just fine by the next check.

(this is amazingly one of those times that googling a scary sounding medical term will actually relieve some of your fear!)

A couple quotes from the very first page you will find on it if you google it:

http://www.justmommies.com/articles/...hematoma.shtml

Thank you Mae!!! You are always wonderful when it comes to knowing what to look for and where to find things to read about what's going on. The ER doctor was really freaking us out last night...and i just want to make sure that we have better chances than what he was giving us last night. You're the best!!!!!

#366 ·
Quote:

Oh my goodness. I hope everything works out!! I'm sending good thoughts your way, good to hear DH is being so helpful. <3 Keep us posted!

#367 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaddyM View Post
brichole1214: Oh no! I'm glad hubby is being so understanding and helping you out. Just take it easy and let your body do its thing. Everything will work out

Thank you!!! Yes my DH is WONDERFUL....and i think he's just as worried as me. I'm trying to find ways to comfort both of us...

#368 ·
I learned of this when I started spotting during my first pregnancy. I DID NOT HAVE THIS!!! So, don't let my miscarriage scare you, mine were caused by two completely unrelated things. I researched all causes of spotting before going to a doctor. I learned the same things MaerynPearl posted about. I think the best thing to do is rest and try not to stress. Look it up yourself, I think it may help you feel better.

Hugs!!!

#370 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevi View Post
I learned of this when I started spotting during my first pregnancy. I DID NOT HAVE THIS!!! So, don't let my miscarriage scare you, mine were caused by two completely unrelated things. I researched all causes of spotting before going to a doctor. I learned the same things MaerynPearl posted about. I think the best thing to do is rest and try not to stress. Look it up yourself, I think it may help you feel better.

Hugs!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevi View Post
Oh, and ER doctors SUCK when it comes to early pregnancy issues. They never seem to understand how desperately some of us WANT the baby!!

I just looked it up and i'm happy to say i feel a lot better than i did...and so does DH!!!! So now it's time to rest and drink LOTS of water....i'm supposed to have another u/s done and more blood work done so i'm just going to hang out and chill lol...dh is being so wonderful to me too.

#372 ·
Quote:

I know how scared you must be feeling! I had this when I was pregnant with my daughter. I didn't have spotting at all, and wouldn't have known it was there without the early u/s. In our case, it resolved within a few weeks, and the rest of the pregnancy was completely textbook
She's 7 now, and perfect in every way (well, she's a bit of a tattletale and she has very long toes, lol, but that's neither here nor there)

BTW--Hi, everyone! My name is Cami. We're officially trying for #4 this summer (but we're lazy about w/d so it may happen sooner, and that's fine too).

I d/c hormonal bc last week and I started charting to figure out my cycle. Hopefully it won't be too long before I start o'ing again. I'll probably have lots of questions to start off

Anyway, looking forward to obsessing with you guys!

#373 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by jenniferadurham View Post
I'm only 6DPO today. Took a test and of course BFN. LOL! I wasnt expecting a BFP. I just had to get it out of my system!
See my wife wasn't the only one! hahaha

Quote:

Originally Posted by BunnyMcFluff View Post
BTW--Hi, everyone! My name is Cami. We're officially trying for #4 this summer (but we're lazy about w/d so it may happen sooner, and that's fine too).
Anyway, looking forward to obsessing with you guys!
Welcome!

#374 ·
brichole- im so sorry you are having to go through this- praying that all is smooth sailing from here on out.

bunny- welcome. hope your stay is short.

most importantly- spin- any guy with a lump in his testicle needs to get it looked at asap. dont worry about the fertility issue. but he needs to get checked. that is no joke.

#375 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by karmab View Post
brichole- im so sorry you are having to go through this- praying that all is smooth sailing from here on out.

bunny- welcome. hope your stay is short.

most importantly- spin- any guy with a lump in his testicle needs to get it looked at asap. dont worry about the fertility issue. but he needs to get checked. that is no joke.
Yeah, I've been bugging for years. I'm going to have a very serious talk with him about it. He's only 24, I just hope it isn't anything serious.

(edited to add: he's going to go to the doctor, fertility issues be damned. he didn't know how actually, seriously, worried I've been and is more than happy to go to assuage my fears about what he still thinks is a non-issue. No matter, it'll be okay)

#376 ·
Well I woke up this morning at 5.40 instead of 7 when I usually wake up and my temp has gone down down down!! Why ?! I know it's goin to be abit wrong because of the time difference but it's a big drop!

Even if that was Af, I'm not expecting her for at least a few more days!

Edit : since I woke up at 5.45 I have only been lying in bed, it's now 6.40 and I just took my temp and it was 98.62, does that make a deifference? Hmm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.