Mothering Forum banner

Pampers, you've got to be kidding me?

5K views 43 replies 38 participants last post by  CrunchyChristianMama 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MEcatlady17 View Post
http://www.pampers.com/en_US/diapers-myths-and-facts

Sorry if this has already been posted/discussed. I am disgusted and needed to share with CDing mom's since I don't know many IRL. UGH UGH UGH!
That's one of the biggest loads of fecal contamination I've read in a while...

#12 ·
I laughed so hard at this:

Quote:
In China, for example, we've learned that babies and parents are frequently awakened during the night each time the baby soaks the bed, because the baby has no diaper or a very thin piece of cloth. As a result, studies have shown that a disposable diaper can help a baby there get a better night's sleep.
Really Pampers, you're comparing NOTHING or a THIN PIECE OF CLOTH vs a disposable? Try a bamboo or hemp fitted with well lanolized wool over the top vs a disposable and then we'll talk.

And the part about the study showing cloth is not more environmentally friendly is based on a UK study in which they assumed all CDers wash at 90 degrees, tumble dry 100% of the time, and IRON their CDs.

#14 ·
Did you all hear about the chemical burns being caused by the new pampers. I told my DH last night and he was like, "We are SOOOO not using the Pampers in the hospital!" Yeah I'm ever more unimpressed by Pampers!!

#15 ·
Did they put this on there website in response to babies getting chemical BURNS from there diapers? Either way, a total load of:puke Again, I refer people to the wonderful article on cloth diapers in this months Mothering magazine.

#18 ·
I like how they don't even cross the threshold of cost savings, LOL... Yes, CD requires a bit more up front cost (usually, unless you can get your friends to buy you diapers as your shower gifts...) But the long term costs, laundry included, are soooooooooooo much lower!!!!

Expecting number #2 this summer, and I relish the thought that I don't have to buy ANY diapers this time around... hahahahahaha!

#22 ·
omfg, that is the most amount of bullsh!t I have read in a single session. And the part about sustainable forestry LOL! Actually the part that said they are going to be working with the people in 3rd world countries makes me sick. Gimme a break.

#23 ·
Wow... just..wow. It's frightening what fictitious claims companies can make and not have any accountability for it.

#24 ·
Sad and funny at the same time! Interesting how they never mention any of the potential harmful effects of having a baby's genitals encased in plastic and chemicals all day long....hmmmm.....

#25 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lineymom View Post
... and the comparision "studies" that were being done in China with no diaper or a thin layer of cloth.........DUH!!!!!!!!!!
:yaeh

though i am using disposables because i stupidly only bought size small in washables and then couldn't afford any more
will deffo buy plenty when i have another lo
and just to point out my dd caitlins nappy rash was always worse with disposables than washables.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.