Mothering Forum banner

Pampers, you've got to be kidding me?

5K views 43 replies 38 participants last post by  CrunchyChristianMama 
#1 ·
#27 ·
Yeah, I put dd in disposables for daycare, etc (7th generation), and that's what gives her a diaper rash! I put her back in cloth fulltime on the weekends, mainly to give her skin a break!
I am truly disgusted that they get away with spouting pure lies. I understand it's advertising, but shouldn't there be some truth??

#28 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by beckyand3littlemonsters View Post

:yaeh

though i am using disposables because i stupidly only bought size small in washables and then couldn't afford any more
will deffo buy plenty when i have another lo
and just to point out my dd caitlins nappy rash was always worse with disposables than washables.
Hey there, Just wanted to let you know,there is an organization that provides free cloth diapers to low income and qualifying families. Just google 'miracle diapers'. I think you just mail back the diapers when you need to size up, and they send you the next size. you should check it out

#31 ·
They are very afraid of cloth diapers, and the fact that they published their myths vs facts is proof. Right now is an awesome time to help convert other families. I am also working on trying to get Ellen to feature cloth diapers on her show. I have a lot going into it. There are over 1,000 members on the facebook group I want to see Cloth Diapers on the Ellen Show. I see change coming! P&G picked the wrong time to F up this badly.... oh so sad lol

#32 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by COgirl19 View Post
Did they put this on there website in response to babies getting chemical BURNS from there diapers? Either way, a total load of:puke Again, I refer people to the wonderful article on cloth diapers in this months Mothering magazine.

My DS got a rash and blisters on his butt from Pampers. Reason why I'm switching.

#33 ·
whoa! and they didn't write their horsemanure very well. they must have underpaid someone to write very bad copy. or..maybe it's actually from a copywriter stickin' it to 'em in some way, cause creatively it sounds so stupid no one could buy into it... i'll go with that and say

#35 ·
Quote:
And the part about the study showing cloth is not more environmentally friendly is based on a UK study in which they assumed all CDers wash at 90 degrees, tumble dry 100% of the time, and IRON their CDs.
Wow. I've never met anyone who irons diapers.

#37 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by thebigfam View Post
Oh I know I iron mine....nothing better to do than iron my sheets and diapers, oh yeah towels too.. NOT seriously! Come on!

Big Momma
I iron everything....towels, diapers, sheets, shirts, pants, wash clothes, small children, dogs, bullfrogs... Because I have ALL the time in the world!

#38 ·
So apparently disposable is better than cloth because P&G donates one-use menstrual pads to those stupid people in developing countries who don't know how to take care of themselves properly... (tongue firmly in cheek).

We should be careful though. If we all go around poking holes in this article, they'll re-write it more convincingly next time...

#39 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ursaminor View Post
Hey there, Just wanted to let you know,there is an organization that provides free cloth diapers to low income and qualifying families. Just google 'miracle diapers'. I think you just mail back the diapers when you need to size up, and they send you the next size. you should check it out

Thanks, i've had a quick check but i think it's only in the US and even though the local council does have a cloth nappy programme i think you just get 2 one size nappies and a cover or £20 off if you spend £50 or more.

#40 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by thebigfam View Post
Oh I know I iron mine....nothing better to do than iron my sheets and diapers, oh yeah towels too.. NOT seriously! Come on!

Big Momma
BAAHAHAHAHAA!!!!

I actually knew someone who ironed her sheets but she had time to make her home a picture perfect home. That's what happens when you don't work and have a grown kid.

#42 ·
Coming from the PR business, I think P&G just did themselves no favor. Putting the blame on the consumer is the worst possible step... But we will see how it pans out!

Ok, so Pampers thinks since I used Pampers for the first 6 months of DS's life and then switched to cloth and all his rashes disappeared I now take all my time to start rumors about Pampers... Hmmm yeah right. And their lovely myth and truth about cloth section... Wow. They must be really afraid of cloth diapering parents. I think though that the overall trend to be more ecofriendly is what scares them... More and more people are looking for alternatives.

And for the washing... I wash our pockets and prefolds on hot and dry them. We have HE LG washer & dryer though, and microfiber and pockets dry in no time, the prefolds get hung semidry. Our energy nor water bill didn't even change after the switch to cloth. And I certainly wouldn't iron diapers, Pampers, I don't even iron my clothes!!! Too much work... They can spin it as much as they want, but sposies will always use more resources and create huge landfills. It is so self-evident! And frankly, my reason to switch to cloth wasn't the environment. IT's all about my child's health and best interest.

#44 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by earthmommy2 View Post
Did you all hear about the chemical burns being caused by the new pampers. I told my DH last night and he was like, "We are SOOOO not using the Pampers in the hospital!" Yeah I'm ever more unimpressed by Pampers!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrystalCloud View Post
My DS got a rash and blisters on his butt from Pampers. Reason why I'm switching.
We didn't hear about the chemical burns until after DD was a victim of them.
My poor baby's bottom was covered in blisters. She couldn't even sit down. I've contacted Pampers and they essentially blamed me.
We only used them for a week on vacation, and never again. I'm trying to not use and P&G products now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.