Mothering Forum banner

Summer Cannabis Mamas and MJ Lovers

22K views 318 replies 59 participants last post by  Partaria 
#1 ·
Welcome to Summer Cannabis Mamas and MJ Lovers

Our Standing Message:
Our purpose is to Support, Educate & Share information regarding the Many Common & UnCommon Uses and Abuses of Cannabis/Marijuana.

We speak about News Currents, Media, "Medical" Marijuana, State Legislation, Parenting, Breastfeeding, Legal Issues, Spirituality, Plant Uses and Preparations, Opinion, Fact and Truth.

We promote the use of this wonderful Medicinal Plant for Appetite Stimulant, Spiritual Centering, Treating the symptoms of Morning Sickness, Chronic pain, Glaucoma and possibly Curing/Reversing Cancer, AIDS etc... Countless Citizens find this plant medically useful and less harmful than disease causing prescription and over the counter DRUGS.

We are also discussing Hemp another misunderstood plant & seed, which has many wonderful non-medicinal uses < Fiber, Fuel, Plastics, Nutritional Value etc...> This is also illegal to cultivate in much of the U.S.
Also the subjects of spending less money on the "WAR" against Marijuana.
Many governments attempt to mis-inform and discourage Right Education and Safe Access to Marijuana. We Say... Use all things in harmony with yourself and others.

As this is a public forum and may be viewed by anyone with internet access, please be mindful what you post on this topic. Everyone has different comfort levels and we don't want to discourage anyone from joining us.

Welcome to our forum, newcomers, and enjoy!

Resource List under construction, PM me for suggestions

Cannabis and Pregnancy

Common Treatments for Hyperemesis Gravidarum

Use of Marijuana During Pregnancy

Women and Cannabis

Women and Cannabis google books

Dr. Melanie Dreher, reefer reseacher

Cannabis and Children

Is Marijuana a Valuable Treatment for Autism?

Cannabis Reduces Infant Mortality

Mother Explains Why She Gives Pot to her 9 Year Old Autistic Son

Cannabis Legality

The NORML State Guide to Marijuana Laws

Drug War Facts

Drug Policy Alliance

Clinical Studies and Medical Marijuana

International Association for Cannabinoid Medicines

How Cannabis Works on the Brain

Medical Marijuana News and Information

Women's Alliance for Medical Marijuana

ProCon, non-profit public charity

American Medical Marijuana Association

Marijuana Policy Project

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies

American Civil Liberties Union

Canadian Links

Why Prohibition

Cannabis Culture Magazine

See less See more
#102 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ldavis24 View Post

thanks for the kind words canadianhippie.

Quote:
DH says I worry too much about stuff like that, to which I reply why do you think I smoke so much!
Oh, I have to brag a little bit because next weekend we are going to a certain place where we are certain to make several delicious purchases of the herbal variety which DH and I can enjoy for several weeks to come.

Where we live isn't exactly a hotspot of good quality mj so this trip we take once a year (missed it last year because DD was only a few weeks old) is a big deal for us for that reason amongst many others!
LOL- this is me too. I'm the biggest worrier. Getting stoned makes it all calm down and I can really enjoy the moment and live in the now instead of always being so concerned about the future and what's going to happen and why and when and...( you get the pic
)
Have fun on your trip...where to?

#103 ·
Quote:

I have a question here for anyone with small children/babies.
How do you handle MJ around your LO? Do you only partake when they are asleep? Do you go to sleep after partaking and co-sleep with your LO? I ask because I grapple with occasional bouts of guilt about being a terrible mom because DH and I will smoke outside while DD is napping and then she will wake up and we'll play and hang out with her like normal. I mean, we aren't blowing smoke rings in DD's face by any means and we NEVER ever smoke inside the house even when it is raining but I feel like some people would be horrified and outraged at what we do. I never drive high, I don't even like to go anywhere at all high just hang out at home but I still get this guilt. So how do you handle it around your LO? I am curious because if people are smoking/vaping/eating mj every day here at some point you must be high around your kid right?
I quoted your question because it's similar to mine & didn't want it to get lost in the thread

Do any of you have older kids who know you partake, and what's the situation? As far as my DD12 & DS9 are concerned, DD knows I partake, DS does not. But that isn't because she busted me smoking or anything and I'm just still hiding it from DS. DD noticed the difference in my behavior and the smell on my clothes, and just asked me what was up. So we had the talk, I showed it to her so she could see for herself that it's just a dried plant. I don't openly partake in front of her but I will let her know I am going to 'take a break' and she knows to respect my space. DS either just doesn't notice (because he hasn't asked) or he feels that it's not his place to question me. I think it's a combination of both. I will certainly be honest with him when the time comes, but it hasn't yet. I wonder if I should initiate the convo, WDYT?

#104 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~D~ View Post
I quoted your question because it's similar to mine & didn't want it to get lost in the thread

Do any of you have older kids who know you partake, and what's the situation? As far as my DD12 & DS9 are concerned, DD knows I partake, DS does not. But that isn't because she busted me smoking or anything and I'm just still hiding it from DS. DD noticed the difference in my behavior and the smell on my clothes, and just asked me what was up. So we had the talk, I showed it to her so she could see for herself that it's just a dried plant. I don't openly partake in front of her but I will let her know I am going to 'take a break' and she knows to respect my space. DS either just doesn't notice (because he hasn't asked) or he feels that it's not his place to question me. I think it's a combination of both. I will certainly be honest with him when the time comes, but it hasn't yet. I wonder if I should initiate the convo, WDYT?
My dc are the same age as yours.They both know about mj.I actually bought the book It's Just a Plant from a co-op here a few years ago.Neither had many questions after reading that book.I also don't partake around the kids,we(my dad and I,yep you read that right
) do occasionaly smoke while they are still awake,in another room of course,and they just call it the adult thing we do.My best friend has an almost 6yo dd that knows all about it as well.They all know it is for adults only,like drinking.They also know not to talk about it to others,because it is illegal.We have talked about that as well,and how finally the laws are changing.I explained about the medical mj I am trying for to dd a little bit.Ds is autistic so all that he really notices is the smell,and it doesn't bother him(I use incense too,even when I'm not partaking).They both have said they like their daddy better on mj than when he has been drinking(exh is an alcoholic,so my kids know all about that too),he plays with them and does things that he'd never do drunk or sober.I find that sad.
That he has to be on something to play with his kids.I started smoking with my dad at 16,but i don't know how I'll feel about that in 4 years.Gotta go as the kids are hungry.

#105 ·
Diana, I've got a 13 year old niece who knows that I partake from time to time. (Her father also smokes a lot a lot a lot and she's well aware of it.) I've told her that there is a little bit of evidence which suggests that teenagers with a family history of schizophrenia are more likely to develop it if they partake as teenagers, so the fact that she does (father's side) means she should wait until her brain is fully developed (around 25). She's not remotely interested in trying it for herself at this point anyway (she's a very 'young' 13). I treat it a lot like alcohol-- it's something for adults to partake of responsibly. No big thing.

#106 ·
DD knows we partake. We've never really hid it. I'm guessing DS doesn't know purely because of his age.

We've talked about, responsibility and all that and she has no interest in it right now. Though mentioned "maybe in a few years" with a shrug last time it came up. The only thing we'd ask of her is that if she doesn't get it from us, she needs to get it from our source. He's a very good friend of ours that we trust fully. Plus he doesn't sell crappy pot, like ever. Yeah, each batch is personally tested by him.

Personally I would initiate the conversation unless I thought my kids were getting info from somewhere else that is of the "all drugs are baaaaaaaad" variety or I though they were starting to smoke with friends.

#107 ·
I think I might let them ask themselves. The mum I nanny'ed for had a 7? i think she was 8 at the time daughter and noticed she smokes in the basement sometimes, but then smokes outside (she smoked cigarettes always outside, and mj in the laundry room in the basement) and she kind of brought it out there, makes mum feel happy, its not bad but its against the law, you know. I was somewhat taken back when she told me, but at the same time, I thought no, she should know, I was just worried about the LO telling friends at school and it getting around. All the hype seems so silly when your just looking at it in your hand....a dried plant? really? this is where millions of $$$ are going to take it off the streets? My brother was watching cops (ugh terrible) and there was chase with 3 young ones,maybe 18-21 and when they were searched, they found a dimebag of weed, I couldnt believe it. Id like to keep it somewhat open in front of my babe as he grows, I dont let him see me smoke, ( i picked up cigarettes again a couple of months ago and I dont want him growing up with the habit and possibly resorting to cigarettes, i need to quit before he gets older)

As much as we maybe "should" be keeping it all hush hush in front of the kids and sneaking outside at midnight for a few puffs (just kidding) I almost want to say its good? for a babe to be raised in a laid back enviroment where mum or dad puts some herbs together has a puffpuff and the LO's recognize its really not a big deal, mum and dad arent leaving them to be indulgent and i guess I have this lovely fantasy image of me and my hippie family sitting on colourful cushions from india in the living room, listening to reggae, cooking dinner and mum and dad sitting by the window relaxing with a spliff and us all enjoying each others company. I just find it ideal to be emerged in the lifestyle.

OO, and about the breastfeeding, I dont know about you all, but Ive had supply problems since birth and after I smoke a j i have TONS of breastmilk, I am so full. Next time babe latches he's chug-a-luging, i dont need domperidone...I need cannabis!

and no luck picking up today
maybe this week

im listening to high tide or low tide by bob marley on my son's b is for bob cd, lovely, spark up and enjoy

#108 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by yippiehippie View Post
How did you do this? I never thought of it, always just scraped the resin and cleaned my pieces in alcohol.

I missed this one!
I was primarily concerned with preserving the resin (supply issues, we've been over that
) so I wanted to use something that I would feel comfortable ingesting. I looked at pictures of the molecule to figure out what would dissolve it (four years of studying biochemistry had to come in handy for *something*
) and decided to go with olive oil. I filled the pipe, set it in a bowl, and put it in the microwave for a little while (not terribly long, just enough to get things warm) and then I scraped the resin out of the bowl with something narrow and solid (I can't remember what
). I ended up with a nice little pile of oily resin which I put back into the bowl over a little screen and smoked. It actually burned a lot more easily than it does without the oil, and it tasted vaguely olive-oily.
It also got me high as a kite. That was a seriously decent weekend.

#109 ·
Quote:

LOL- this is me too. I'm the biggest worrier. Getting stoned makes it all calm down and I can really enjoy the moment and live in the now instead of always being so concerned about the future and what's going to happen and why and when and...( you get the pic
)
Have fun on your trip...where to?
We are going to Gathering of the Vibes in Bridgeport CT. It's a musical festival that we trek to annually, this year though is totally different as we are bringing DD along.

You want to talk about mj friendly, it is so nice to be able to sit there and relax and smoke a bowl in the open surrounded by people who don't care if you want to smoke or not and will more than likely pass you their pipe to share.

It is also a great place to pick up very high quality mj of a wide variety of strains so we usually come home with a goody bag of a large variety to last us a while.

eilonwy, you remind me of my DH, he is a major resin saver. I can't help it that I think it is kinda gross. so stinky but he is meticulous with his bowl cleaning and he does a damn good job too.

#110 ·
Quote:

eilonwy, you remind me of my DH, he is a major resin saver. I can't help it that I think it is kinda gross. so stinky but he is meticulous with his bowl cleaning and he does a damn good job too.

It is kind of gross, but it certainly does the job.
It also means that my pieces are the cleanest of anyone I know.
My pipes could probably pass as "for decorative use only" most of the time. They're shiny.

#111 ·
All this talk about resin makes me want to get scrapin or use that olive oil trick (thx for the reply, btw). I love resin hits, I don't really care how it tastes, I just love the high
. DH hates it and thinks it's kinda weird, but I've def had my share of shortages and so I've become a pro. DH will forget sometimes and clean the pipe out and I'm like-what?! you wasted all that "good" stuff?!

Speaking of, what do you all use to clean yours? I just stick w/rubbing alc and a q tip and usually a paper clip or something.

#112 ·
Great blog, can't wait to add mine when I get the chance! I enjoyed reading it and hope it gets big. Are you still in AZ? I just moved from there and will be moving back hopefully by the end of the year...I get all my bud from there still!

#113 ·
I vastly prefer vodka to rubbing alcohol. You can cook with it more easily. Use vodka to clean the piece thoroughly, pour it into a pan over low heat with some butter and as the butter melts the vodka will mostly evaporate leaving you with buttery resiny goodness. I usually cook that into mashed potatoes with LOTS of garlic and onion or into "five-minute chocolate cake" in the microwave. (Like I said, in order to eat resin you need something with INTENSE flavor.) It gets you ridiculously high.
It also works with olive oil, but I find that butter is easier to work with because it's easier to tell when most of the vodka has evaporated. If you use flavored vodka you get a hint of the flavor in these buttery resiny crystals, and then it's like candy that gets you high-- it does a great deal to improve the taste of the resin.
Waste not want not!

#114 ·
After reading all these posts about saving resin, I feel so sad about all that I've wasted over the years!!

I've been thinking about the situation with DS, and I've come to the conclusion that I'll wait a bit longer to have the talk with him. He's just at a place right now where I don't think he would benefit from it. I actually think it might stress him out knowing that his mama partakes in something that's illegal. Even if I try to explain the benefits *I* get from it, he would have a hard time with it. Maybe in a few years, no need to rush it. When he's a bit older he'll be able to appreciate the situation more.

#115 ·
Quote:

Great blog, can't wait to add mine when I get the chance! I enjoyed reading it and hope it gets big. Are you still in AZ? I just moved from there and will be moving back hopefully by the end of the year...I get all my bud from there still!

That's a friend of mine, actually; I'm in Pennsylvania and always have been. I was hoping to post my stories later this week but I'm feeling absolutely wretched right now; I think I ate some bad avocado yesterday.

#116 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
That's a friend of mine, actually; I'm in Pennsylvania and always have been. I was hoping to post my stories later this week but I'm feeling absolutely wretched right now; I think I ate some bad avocado yesterday.

Ok, that's what i thought...I kinda figured also when I realized you don't have just one kiddo! Regardless, both stories are great (love birth stories) and hope to read more on there.
BTW, that'll teach you to eat avacado-that's one of the very few foods that makes me wanna puke looking at it
...I do know what would make you feel better, sorry i'm sure you have none like usual
Guess i'll have to smoke a bowl for you

#117 ·
Quote:

Ok, that's what i thought...I kinda figured also when I realized you don't have just one kiddo! Regardless, both stories are great (love birth stories) and hope to read more on there.
BTW, that'll teach you to eat avacado-that's one of the very few foods that makes me wanna puke looking at it
...I do know what would make you feel better, sorry i'm sure you have none like usual
Guess i'll have to smoke a bowl for you

Indeed. I actually love avocado, I think this one was just a little too ripe. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that a friend of mine will be able to come through for me Friday or Saturday.
I've got a friend who could definitely hook me up, but he's on the other side of the state... and he's going to Pennsic. (I'm incredibly jealous on all counts.
) We shall see!

#120 ·
so i have my first few plants growing and i'm like 80% sure that one of them is a male but i cant really tell/am in denial(of course the 2 1/2ft tall beauty on my porch would be male and the one inside female). ive looked at pics but i don't see any bananna shaped things just a tall cola-esque thing that i guess will sprout the male pods but? I think i have a female inside but i haven't gottent too far into the light cycle and reeeeeeaaaaaaallllllllllllly need to buy a timer cause my timing is to erratic as im rarely home

#123 ·
hi everyone!
I am currently not smoking b/c I am BFing but I did smoke for 9 years prior to pregnancy. will pick back up on occasion after DD weans herself but I would definately want to grow my own little plant b/c I don't trust the streets lol

#124 ·
Lol ok you guys can live vicariously ill try and post a weekly update....whats hard for me right now is deciding whether i should just kill the suspected male and move the one i think is female outside or should i just let it grow as i'd actually just love to see a male plant grow toooo many options but at this rate im not sure the inside plant would bud before it froze....too complicated it sucks becoming attached to a plant.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.