Mothering Forum banner

The August 'Whatever' Thread

15K views 490 replies 23 participants last post by  MarineWife 
#1 ·
Is it okay if I start the new thread? I'm new to this! We have a DS who is 8.5, a DD who is 14 months, are getting married in two weeks, and we are whatever-ing. We don't have a verbal agreement about it, but that's how it's been working out

We use FAM right now, but I think DP wants another baby more than he admits - he's not too into using bc, ever

I'd love to have another baby sometime soon - getting pregnant sometime this late fall or winter would be great!

So, I hope I can join in the conversation!

See less See more
#202 ·
Torre, we will miss you, but do pop on when you can!

I am still waiting for AF.

I don't know anything natural to prevent the breakouts, since they are hormonal. I'm lucky if I get position, let alone open or closed!

#203 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
MW - thanks. I needed that!

No problem. Are you still worried after today's temp? If so, I'll just come over there and smack you.

I can tell mostly closed and definitely open with my CP. When it's open I can get the entire tip of my finger inside.

#205 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
No problem. Are you still worried after today's temp? If so, I'll just come over there and smack you.

I don't know anything to prevent breakouts. Once they're here, tea tree oil works really well to get rid of them fairly quickly. I just dab a bit on and they're usually gone the next day. I'm breaking out a little right now too.

So....I guess I really am whatevering.
DH and I DTD last night. I am sure I am O'ing today or tomorrow. So here we go.
Charty-chart.

#206 ·
Mel - yay on really whatevering I am sure I would do a big gulp once we really start on that train.

We are more TTA than whatever, but since DH isn't always diligent about protection . . .well, then, I am here. (but no chance this month of pregnancy)

I am really hoping AF shows soon this is the longest LP I have had, according to FF (granted only by a day)

#207 ·
LOL guys!

No, today I'm actually feeling quite zen about the whole thing. I was doing some soul searching and realized I'm just afraid my hormones are out of whack w/the short lp last time and now this not so clear O day. I'm not freaking out that I'm not pg NOW, but am more concerned this may indicate problems conceiving this year.

But why worry? It's not going to change anything.

I was lying in bed last night and was also thinking it's August and I've spent most of my days this summer agonizing over LPs, CDs, DPOs, and AFs. I'm just going to shut up and enjoy the rest of my summer! Tonight I'm having a big ole' margarita with salt and hitting the church fair down the block for zeppoles!

#208 ·
Shannon ~ I think it's possible O was later.

Mel ~ That is a huge temp drop.

katrina ~ Where's
?

Carrie ~ I can't believe you are still unclear about your O. You're done, baby. Cooked! Enjoy that margarita! Wish I could join you. Those are my fave!

#209 ·
I'm I being an idiot? I just hate that dip at 3dpo. And yesterday I still had a bit of EW and felt that distinct O pain all day.

Today I'm drying up but still have creamy -- and it's semen obscured so I'm not really counting it.

BTW - I think I know why my temps are so weird. I recently started taking my vitamins (prenatal and b-complex) right before bed. For the past week or so, I've been waking up a lot at night, paranoid, thinking about a lot of stuff and having a bit of insomnia. DH had mentioned in the past that taking b12 keeps him up at night. So, duh. That's gotta be what's going on. I'm not taking them at night anymore...

#210 ·
Quote:

Shannon ~ I think it's possible O was later.
I'm going to see what my temp does over the next couple of days, but I'm really thinking I'll be overriding to put O yesterday. I sometimes get little tiny nosebleeds (not gushing blood, but just some on the tissue when I blow my nose) right around O and I had some this morning.

#211 ·
Carrie ~ I had started taking my B complex at bedtime a few weeks ago because it makes me nauseous. I've been having trouble with waking up way too early, like 4-5 am, and not being able to get back to sleep. It occurred to me that it might be the B vitamins so I didn't take them last night. I slept until almost 6:30.

Andy, yes, I think you are worrying too much about that one temp. It's still above the grouping of previous temps. O pain can occur before, during or after O so that's not a good indicator of when you actually Oed. Shannon explained on the CTA thread that it's possible to get ewcf for up to 3 days after O. So, this is for you

#212 ·
Forgot to mention, I had an appointment with the midwife today. She sent a referral to the MFM doc so I should be hearing from them tomorrow or Friday. She said they are really good about getting people in fast, which I guess is there business since they usually see women with possible issues. She also said he's very respectful and knows that she is doing homebirths and doesn't have a problem with any of it so I don't have to be sneaky.

#213 ·
Quote:

Forgot to mention, I had an appointment with the midwife today. She sent a referral to the MFM doc so I should be hearing from them tomorrow or Friday. She said they are really good about getting people in fast, which I guess is there business since they usually see women with possible issues. She also said he's very respectful and knows that she is doing homebirths and doesn't have a problem with any of it so I don't have to be sneaky.
That's really good news! I knew your appt was coming up but I didn't realize it was already wednesday. This week is flying by for me, I don't know why.

Have you thought more about how you wanna tell your husband?

#219 ·
Quote:

Carrie ~ I had started taking my B complex at bedtime a few weeks ago because it makes me nauseous. I've been having trouble with waking up way too early, like 4-5 am, and not being able to get back to sleep. It occurred to me that it might be the B vitamins so I didn't take them last night. I slept until almost 6:30.

And, yes, I think you are worrying too much about that one temp. It's still above the grouping of previous temps. O pain can occur before, during or after O so that's not a good indicator of when you actually Oed. Shannon explained on the CTA thread that it's possible to get ewcf for up to 3 days after O. So, this is for you

I thought I commented on this yesterday but I guess not, lol!

Thanks for the head bashing, I really did need it. I think it helped knock some sense into me, lol.

RE: the B vitamins -- that's what was happening to me, too. I was waking up at like 4 am, and would obsess over little things and my mind would race. I couldn't fall back asleep easily at all. It was really annoying. Last night I didn't take them and had no trouble sleeping at all.

#220 ·
This will really just be 'feelings' and guesses, but I was wondering if anyone wanted to take a stab at where they think I might be in my chart. I haven't been temping, just yesterday and today, but it was with a fever therm. not a BBT (mine got eaten). I just wanted to see if they were pre- or post- p type temps. They seem to be pre-o, but the fever therm I think registers a bit lower than my BBT was, so it could be either way.

My cycles are always between 24-30, but 27 is by far my average. I have a usual o day of 14-15, and a LP of 11-12, though that doesn't matter at this point.

I've really just been charting CF. The past few days has been a slight slippery sensation when I wipe, but then there's nothing really there on the TP. I checked CP yesterday and today, and it felt very soft, and fairly open, not quite fingertip, but more open than I remember feeling before (I don't check CP regularily). And it felt like it was low, but like I said, since I don't check often, I don't really have a comparison.

Based on CF alone, I'd go CD 12 I suppose, but the CF the day after dtd really did look like EW, even though it could easily have been disguised. And then my cervix being open seems a bit weird.

Any insight? And I know, without the temps, it's really all a guess, but I'm curious..

Chart Here!

#223 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post
JJ - I don't know. CD 12 does look like a possibility, or maybe you will yet catch the temp rise.

Speaking of temp rises. . . I was
ing your chart and WOW!

#224 ·
Well, I've almost made it past when I've had most of my m/cs. Except for the one at 11w last summer, all of my m/cs have occurred before 5w. The latest being 5w exactly. I'm not sure how to track that, actually. My lp lasted for 2w6d so I would've been considered 4w6d and then I m/ced the next day. Sorry, just me getting too technical again. Anyway, I'm 4w6d today and got another + IC this am so I'm feeling pretty good about things right now. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much. Still waiting for the MFM office to call. I think if they don't call by 3 pm today, I'll call them.

#225 ·
Quote:

Well, I've almost made it past when I've had most of my m/cs. Except for the one at 11w last summer, all of my m/cs have occurred before 5w. The latest being 5w exactly. I'm not sure how to track that, actually. My lp lasted for 2w6d so I would've been considered 4w6d and then I m/ced the next day. Sorry, just me getting too technical again. Anyway, I'm 4w6d today and got another + IC this am so I'm feeling pretty good about things right now. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much. Still waiting for the MFM office to call. I think if they don't call by 3 pm today, I'll call them.
This is a HUGE milestone, mama! We just need your little bean to keep on sticking. I hope, hope, hope, you have a long and healthy pregnancy this time. Try to relax and breathe. And I know you don't want to get too excited. There's nothing wrong w/that. Excited just isn't the emotion you have going into a pg w/a history like yours. We all know that. Don't worry.

AFM - work this weekend should take some of the edge off this 2ww, I HOPE. Gawd, I'm going nuts. Yesterday I was totally bumming b/c I felt pms-y. Snippy, tired, the whole shebang. Then I realized it's b/c I was just really exhausted, and that the rainy weather had put a huge damper on my mood. Funny how it affects me so directly. That, and being cooped up indoors w/DD who is OBSESSED w/her father right now (Daddy? Daddy? Daddy? repeat ad nauseum) who is renovating the upstairs and can't come down to play might have something to do w/my crabby mood!

He's leaving for NC on Sunday for job training. He'll be gone all week, then home for the weekend, then gone again for another week.

I know it's corny but I really want a bfp to announce to him when he gets back next weekend!! I hope we caught that eggie!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.