Mothering Forum banner

Favorite Documentaries for the Vegan Lifestyle?

5K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  nj's_mom 
#1 ·
Please share your favorite documentaries regarding a vegan diet and lifestyle. I'm interested in all the ways being committed to veganism helps the animals, environment, our health, etc.

Thanks so much!

#3 ·
Thanks for the 'Diet For All Reasons' rec - it was good! Kinda like The China Study in lecture form. =)

Here's my list of food/nutrition related docs. They're not all specifically pro-vegan, but still worth watching:

BBC's The Future of Food (3-part special)
Earthlings ***
Food Inc
Food Matters ***
Future Of Food (American feature-length film)
I Am An Animal - The Ingrid Newkirk Story
King Corn
Processed People Interviews
Simply Raw - Reversing Diabetes
Supersize Me
The Beautiful Truth - Gerson Cancer Cure
The Witness

*** indicates 'must see', in my opinion

Also this is coming out soon and I can't wait! - http://forksoverknives.com/trailer/

Haha, can you tell I'm a documentary junkie?

#5 ·
I meant to say - be careful watching Earthlings. It's incredibly important information and you won't get a better primer on the concept of speciesism, but it is very explicit and emotionally difficult to witness. So just be prepared for that, going into it.

#7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sayward View Post
Thanks for the 'Diet For All Reasons' rec - it was good! Kinda like The China Study in lecture form. =)

Here's my list of food/nutrition related docs. They're not all specifically pro-vegan, but still worth watching:

BBC's The Future of Food (3-part special)
Earthlings ***
Food Inc
Food Matters ***
Future Of Food (American feature-length film)
I Am An Animal - The Ingrid Newkirk Story
King Corn
Processed People Interviews
Simply Raw - Reversing Diabetes
Supersize Me
The Beautiful Truth - Gerson Cancer Cure
The Witness

*** indicates 'must see', in my opinion

Also this is coming out soon and I can't wait! - http://forksoverknives.com/trailer/

Haha, can you tell I'm a documentary junkie?
I have a Favorite Documentaries Thread here on Mothering. Do you mind adding this list to that thread? Or I can add it if you don't mind? I think some of them are already on it, but I'm pretty sure all of them aren't. Thanks so much!!!

#8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by susumama View Post
Definately "A Diet For ALL Reasons" by Dr Michael Klaper

"Eating" is a good one too but not as entertaining as Dr Klaper
Thanks so much for your recommendations! If you don't mind, I'll add them to a larger Favorite Documentaries thread I have. Or you can add them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.