Mothering Forum banner

June '05ers... :)

6K views 256 replies 22 participants last post by  bamamom 
#1 ·
Still cutting eye teeth. At least one of the top ones has cut partially through... there's a dot there.
Can't get in there to check on the others, but sleep SUCKS right now so I know they're working on it. Still snotty... probably leftover cold, ear infection clearing and teething all combined. Not fun. She wakes at night all grumpy and congested. What do you all use for congestion?? Medicine wise.

She is being SOOO silly today. Just goofy silly. Walking around stomping and doing this big exaggerated clapping and spinning. Cracking us up. She loves to point out (i.e. poke) your eyes, nose and ears. She also likes "hay-yer", you know, the stuff on your head? She loves to "cuh-ker" with markers and crayons like her brothers. She also likes to sit at the table and eat with them and play with clay... she has really been trying to fit in with them lately. If they have both have a bowl of something, she runs to find a bowl and sits down with them. Too cute. Okay... better run before i ramble on for too long here.

See less See more
#129 ·
oh yes, we have ice pops! ds loved them when he was teething. i loved the lime ones when i was puking

and yeah, dh has a monster goatee. it's to make up for the lack of hair on his head
:

#130 ·
anne- spud was cute as yoda, but i thought for sure that he would be a potato!

melissa- that is a cute photo! i hope he gets it! about the bike- i don't have any evidence that it is safer, but it just seems like it. plus, i think it would be more fun for them to sit in the front. i give eisa her little "snack pack" (fanny pack) full of cherios and she just snacks and looks around and really likes it. it is getting too chilly already though- the wind is a little much for her.
so, we might be in cleveland on our way to or from my parents for thanksgiving. my friend is still there taking care of his dad and he asked us to come (getting pretty lonley) it will be his 60th b-day so i really think we will try.

emmy- i want to see the punk pants!

here are our halloween photos-
www.schmerwitz.shutterfly.com
take a look at the cat-litter cake. grooosss!!!!
mcs

#131 ·
anne - i hope you don't take this the wrong way, but i think your dh is sorta sexy in an anton lavey sort of way.
oh, and you're sexy too! I love your hair.

anyway... here's istra on halloween! I was surprised that she actually kept her hat on! She's supposed to be an elf, just in case that is not apparent.

I have eaten almost all her halloween candy already. Ugh. I feel so fat. I definately am getting a baby belly... but it is just making me look thick and roundish. I don't like this stage of pregnancy! and like bama, my face gets all fat too... sigh.

Anyway... must go work on school stuff. Keep those halloween pictures coming please! Loved spud's yoda and eisa's witch... cute!

#133 ·
I love all of the costumes! I will have to get ours down loaded tonight. The girls had fun. DH took them Maddie and Ellysia out. Then they dropped Ellysia off and the two of them took off for more. Maddie's pumpkin basket was full! Claire and I had a good time answering the door and handing out treats. Ellysia took that over once she came back. It was quite cold out (in the upper 20's) so not as many kids were out this year. Then we took the kids over to my parents and over to DH's dad's. My parents had an apple specially wrapped up for Claire since she can't have any of the candy.

I'm going to be off work a bit early today. My dad had an elevated PSA test and on the biopsy they found "something". He's suppose to bring family members in with him today to talk about "it". So I'm going with my mom. I'm the calm one, but it's not my body and I guess I need something to actually panic about rather than an unknown.

We have treats at work and someone brought cheez its in a box that is suppose to contain doggie treats. Their idea of "trick-or-treat".

#134 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ex-stasis View Post
...roundish. I don't like this stage of pregnancy! and like bama, my face gets all fat too... sigh.
i just realized that maybe this part of my message didn't sound very nice. bama, i just remembered that you mentioned your face getting fat when you're pregnant... i didn't mean to say that you're fat or anything! ahh!
:

#135 ·
No cute Halloween pics from us; we stayed home to hand out candy and DS is still too small for the cow costume that was handed down to us. We just sat around eating cheerios waiting for the doorbell to ring again. He seemed to think it was quite funny that I was giving things to people so they wouldn't come in... laughed every time I closed the door! DH had to work late so at one point I put had to put a sign up that said "changing diaper, back in 5 mins" but the only person who saw it was DH when he walked in about 30 seconds after I hung it. I've made him promise that he will be home to help next year when there are 2 little ones.

Oh, and my way to stay out of the Halloween candy is to buy a 1/2 pound box of See's raspberry creams. Makes the store candy seem too sad to eat. I even have 1 raspberry left!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcs View Post
about the bike- i don't have any evidence that it is safer, but it just seems like it. plus, i think it would be more fun for them to sit in the front. i give eisa her little "snack pack" (fanny pack) full of cherios and she just snacks and looks around and really likes it. it is getting too chilly already though- the wind is a little much for her.

You know, I saw a product like your seat and it had an optional wind screen. Seemed silly at the time, but I guess I can see why it makes sense. I've looked at the 2 websites I thought I saw it on and found nothing, so who knows where that was. Poo.

#136 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ex-stasis View Post
i just realized that maybe this part of my message didn't sound very nice. bama, i just remembered that you mentioned your face getting fat when you're pregnant... i didn't mean to say that you're fat or anything! ahh!
:
LOL I just nodded when I read it.

I get so ROUND in the face when I'm pg! During that last trimester or so..And I normally have a really narrow face, so its really noticable.

#137 ·
LOVE the costumes and the adorable kiddos!!! They are all so cute. Mcs - the cat litter cake is hysterical. I saw a recipe for it somewhere, and I laughed but gagged a little, too.
You look great in your witch costume, too!

Our pics:

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL23/.../200993151.jpg
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL23/.../200993167.jpg
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL23/.../200993164.jpg
(the blue washed out easily
)
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL23/.../200993162.jpg
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL23/.../200993159.jpg
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL23/.../200993153.jpg

#139 ·
great pictures everyone!
it's so amazing to see how "kid like" our babe's are becoming. glad everyone had a fun night

#141 ·
davina- i'm not sure and i don't know how to add things to my siggi or even make one to begin with.

very cute costumes! halloween is one of my favorite times of year- i love an excuse to get dressed up and be strange in public. and now, i can even drag an innocent child into my fun.

emmy- the pants were perfect! and sam looked so cool too.

selena- i couldn't get the elf picture. am i the only one?

hattoo- she IS a ladybug. what do you do for halloween- is it too cold to go outside?

we have had the most beautiful weather here.
off for cleaning.
mcs

#142 ·
Last night, it went down to -15 C (Sorry, don't know what that is in Fahrenheit but it's well below freezing). It was cold but that doesn't stop our kiddies! Most costumes are made big enough to fit snowsuits or lots of layers.

We were at our local Toy Lending Library during the day for crafts and hot dogs (blech). It's a nice, safe place for the kids to have fun. Sage and I go there for some kind of activity almost every morning. During the evening, we did 'lazy' trick-or-treating since Sage is coming down with a cold. We just drove to friend's houses and showed her off a bit. Then got home to warm up and get to bed!!

Love the bfing punk!! That should be the worldwide bfing symbol!!

#143 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcs View Post
davina- i'm not sure and i don't know how to add things to my siggi or even make one to begin with.

very cute costumes! halloween is one of my favorite times of year- i love an excuse to get dressed up and be strange in public. and now, i can even drag an innocent child into my fun.

emmy- the pants were perfect! and sam looked so cool too.

selena- i couldn't get the elf picture. am i the only one?

hattoo- she IS a ladybug. what do you do for halloween- is it too cold to go outside?

we have had the most beautiful weather here.
off for cleaning.
mcs

MCS...when you're looking at the page, at the top left hand corner it says USER CP

that stands for User Control Panel.

click it, and then you have a b unch of options...click Edit Signature

then it will open up a box, you can put words , and smileys, etc in there, and then click PREVIEW SIGNATURE. If you like it, Click SAVE. If not, doodle with it and then save it.

Goodluck!

#145 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by hattoo View Post
Last night, it went down to -15 C (Sorry, don't know what that is in Fahrenheit but it's well below freezing). It was cold but that doesn't stop our kiddies! Most costumes are made big enough to fit snowsuits or lots of layers.

We were at our local Toy Lending Library during the day for crafts and hot dogs (blech). It's a nice, safe place for the kids to have fun. Sage and I go there for some kind of activity almost every morning. During the evening, we did 'lazy' trick-or-treating since Sage is coming down with a cold. We just drove to friend's houses and showed her off a bit. Then got home to warm up and get to bed!!

Love the bfing punk!! That should be the worldwide bfing symbol!!
That's FIVE DEGREES!! ACK!

#147 ·
I miss my old friends!
I just quickly glanced at the cute halloween costumes, and I'm shocked to see so many KIDS, and just where did all of our little babies go???

I was a disco/hippy lady, dh was (gasp) a firefighter, and Titus was Sherlock Holmes. Freakin cute, I promise, I just don't know how to use my sister's computer to share the pics. The local college (PLU) opened the dorms for indoor trick or treating and everybody fell in love with ds's costume.

This thread has been going for a long time and I just now found it!

I'm feeling so disconnected from you guys, but living communally with my family here has meant lots of personal interaction and not very much alone/computer time. It's been really, really healthy. And not in the "vitamins and spinach" way, it's been wonderful.

We've lowered our house price alot, but I'm fearing that we'll be still on the market over Christmas and end up moving back in anyways. Annoying!

I'm trying embrace this "hiatus" time and not keep feeling anxious for our lives to start back up again in our own house. Like those last few months of pregnancy when all I wanted to do was push fastforward instead of enjoying where I was at in life. I'm like that.

I'd like to promise that I'll be around more, but I don't know if that's really going to happen any time soon!

Oh, the good news is that about a week ago Titus ceased needing any sort of help at all to go to sleep, no company, no nursing, just plop him into his playpen with a kiss and say goodbye! How cool is that???

#148 ·
Just had to pop in a post the cute picture of Katelynn. I took it yesterday evening just after finishing carving the pumpkins.

#149 ·
don't feel bad grace, our house has been on the market since June and has only had 4 showings
:

#150 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by PatsGrace View Post
I'm trying embrace this "hiatus" time and not keep feeling anxious for our lives to start back up again in our own house. Like those last few months of pregnancy when all I wanted to do was push fastforward instead of enjoying where I was at in life. I'm like that.
I once bought a book called 'Living in the Meantime'. I started reading it, made it about 3 pages in, then found out I was pregnant with Sage! I gave the book to goodwill and started reading pregnancy books instead.

#151 ·
grace- i got this great book at the thrift store called "the relatives came"- a kids book with really sweet funny illustrations about the relatives from virgina comin' up for a month long visit. if you start to loose your good humor, you should check it out. I just read it to eisa before reading your email- almost (almost) makes me feel like it would be nice to stay with my folks for a bit. anyway, nice to hear from you!

hatoo- that is cooooolllldddddd. i just found some wool socks online- i will look up the site again for you if you want.

mcs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.