Mothering Forum banner

June 2006 Mamas chattin' away December 2006!

46K views 2K replies 33 participants last post by  mommy2girlies 
#1 ·
All right guys are last thread made senior member... Let's see if we can do it again... Heather, did we decide how we are going to do the pics thing????

Amys1st (Amy) Margaret Patricia born 2/15/06
sehbub (Sarah) Samantha Grace born 4/20/06
Marlow's mom Marlow Wren born 5/3/06
StacyL (Stacy) Gabriel Paul born 5/31/06
katiejon1 (Katie) Evelyn Elizabeth born 6/3/06
Paddington (Angelique) Jonah born 6/8/06
mcimom (LeighAnne) Michael Gabriel born 6/10/06
Mearaina (Lisa) Lynea Grace born 6/14/06
BelgianSheepDog Aurora born 6/14/06
ladybugamber (Amber) Zachary Hogan Gilbert ( 6-15-2006)
mommitola (Helen) Harper Reese born 6/16/06
AugustineM (Ashley) Anna Augustine born 6/18/06
Caroline248 (Caroline) William born 6/19/06
earthmama369 (Sarah) Sebastion born 6/19/06
mamamilkbar (Heidi) Hannah Jolie born 6/19/06
chiromama (Korin) Ruby Violet born 6/20/06
papayapetunia (Candice) Talula Violet born 6/22/06
rikiamber (Riki) Bastion Alexander born 6/22/06
grace's voice (Holly) Behn born 6/23/06
AlbertaJes (Jes) Katie born 6/23/06
Selesai (Jessica) Phillip Jackson born 6/24/06
Butterfly_mom (Liz)-Erin Bracha born 6/24/06
BundleFishMama Andrew Joseph born 6/25/06
sarahlynn83 (Sarah) John Alexander born 6/28/06
The4OfUs (Heather) - Kaitlyn Xenia born 06/28/06
Simplicity (Lisa)- Kaya 6/28/06
Megs BK (Megan) -Geneva Maureen born 6/30/06
Medicmom (Nicole) - Olivia born 6/30/06
mommy2girlies (Kelly) Jefferson Carter born 7/2/06
animus silvae - DS born 7/2/06

See less See more
#1,806 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mommitola View Post
Come for the freak, stay for the food! Arrr! (sorry, more Simpsons
: )

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommy2girlies View Post
Yes, what method and my dh thinks the Simpsons reference is about the Comic book store guy.
Actually, Homer says it to Bart when Bart is bashing sharing, helping others, and tolerance.
I was looking for a reference on this, but I keep finding it misquoted online. Homer says, "I find your ideas intriguing, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter." and I keep findin it, "Your ideas are intriguing to me....." Interesting. DH and I have been saying this phrase to each other for years, since the first time we saw the episode.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
fun fun! this was our night as well!

and i have decided that c is going to either have to move to a nudest colony or tell his wife how to change his diaper cause we are not potty training.
:

Then to make my cleaning poop out of pants go even easier, while I was at it, J got a hold of his brother's POP TART and took a bite and puked all over the place. Hello sweet potatoes. Long time no see...

To quote Heather: Good times. good times.... I need a vacation to recover from my vacation home with the boys.
:
I've begun to think that "vacations" are not truly possible with small children..... and
on your potty and pop tart issues...

#1,807 ·
Dont worry about your superior vocabulary, dh has one too and i am always asking 'what does that mean?'...i just started using wikipedia instead of asking. he gets frustrasted at the people at work cause he has to 'dumb' his vocab down for them. He says he wishes they payed more attention in High School. I talk to him about the mommas here and he says that we are far more intellegent than half the people who run his orginazation....he works for TSA (the guys that molest your luggage at the airport).

#1,809 ·
'Ello, all. Dan is still waiting around in the hospital. He's bored out of his gourd, but I brought him his Alton Brown cookbook to read and now he'll be entertained. They have him on a liquid diet, though, so reading about grilling, roasting and searing is... well, rather tortuous.

Neves and I are at our quiet, furnitureless house now. Our poor dog is moaning in his room right now... I just can't let him around Nevie when she's playing on the floor, unfortunately. He's so big, lovable and clumsy -- he just has no clue where his paws are sometimes. I wish I could take him for a walk, but I don't trust him to be "good" and the roads are kind of icy. It's OK by myself, but not with Nevie strapped to my torso.

Ummm... am starving. Must eat.

Only my ears are pierced, and after 4 1/2 years of restrictions on wearing anything in the second holes during the duty day, they've kind of closed up. But I still have the originals.

#1,810 ·
how long will Dan be on a liquid diet? Any thoughts on when he'll get to come home? I'm sorry you're by yourself in your house. I wish we could come keep you company.
Evie and Nevie would love to play together, I bet. And if I brought Caleb, he could entertain the dog in the other room. He LOVES dogs, and is constantly asking to get rid of our cats so he can get a dog. I think his daddy is putting him up to it though. The other day at my mom's he wanted to come home b/c he missed Sissy and Abby.

Well, my sister is in the hospital. Mom called and said that she and her dh have that stomach flu that has been going around and that since she's preggers they're putting her in to give her fluid as a precaution. Mom said I can call her but then didn't give me the number. She was on her cell, so she probably didn't have it. I'm guessing she's heading down to her. We were all together on Wed. so I'm hoping nobody gets it. I *think* we're safe. We're on the far side of 48 hours, so here's hoping.

Evie's going to her first hockey game tonight. There's a team that plays here in the city and for something to do dh and I used to go before kids. Neither one of us knows a thing about it, but we like to watch it. I'm always impressed how the guys can stay up on the ice when they get hit! We took Caleb last year, and he's been waiting all year for it to get cold again so he could go back. Should be fun. I'm sure Miss Ev will be snug in the sling. Who knows if she'll sleep though. Those days seem to be past us now. The last couple of times I've put her in it thinking she'll go to sleep, she doesn't. Anybody else's baby do this?

Oh, and I got a Visa gift card for Christmas from the IL. To those of you who have both a mei tai and a sling, which do you use more? I love my sling, and have even worn Evie on my hip in it a few times, but I'm contimplating a mei tai. The one time I tried one on with her in it, she fussed, but I don't know if it was naptime/hunger/tired/ect. I don't want to waste my money if she's not going to like it. Any thoughts?

#1,812 ·
Riki, my cousin's a baggage handler. Now they do the real molesting! One time they opened a suitcase, and it was full of cash. Then they got into a fight about whether they should keep it or report it.

Oh, I'm the one who explains words to my husband. Haha.

Katie, I like our Babyhawk and was just thinking today that I get so much more use out of that or the wrap. We rarely use the sling anymore.

Megan, sorry Dan is still in the hospital. Liquid diet, eww. I did that after my c-section, and it was gross-tastic. Can anyone (who won't drive you insane) come stay with you?

#1,814 ·
Hi ladies - just checking in after a day spent getting contractor estimates for the restoration of our house, fun fun fun!
:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommitola View Post
BFM, I am jealous of your primping. I still haven't read the September or October Vogue. They are sitting in the basket mocking me. I used to always do makeup and get my hair done and spend time on a good blow out (lasts for days, Megan, you don't have to do it every day!). I am totally that "let herself go" woman. Not that I think anyone needs to do xyz, but my point is that my old routine went down the toilet. I'm trying to get it back to an extent. Today was one of those "haha, mom, you're not putting me down" days though. I don't have a winter coat right now, so I'm shlubbing around in a coat that's like 6 sizes too big that is normally only for snowboarding. Not that it snows any more.
Oh believe me, Andrew is totally the don't-put-me-down type too. I can't be out of his sight for a minute lately. Don't get me wrong - I said I make time for my primping every day; I didn't say it's a peaceful, tranquil experience!
I take my time in a nice, hot shower, but the whole time I'm sticking my head out the curtain playing peek-a-boo with Andrew, who is sitting on the bathmat, and usually singing Wiggles songs or whatever with the girls - the rest of my shower audience
When I dry my hair, I'm usually sitting on the floor with Andrew in my lap! I keep switching the dryer to cool air and blowing a little in his face to crack him up. And I'm usually simultaneously playing My Little Pony Salon, pretending to dry the hair of an endless trail of plastic horses! Then I do my makeup with Andrew in the sling trying to grab the brushes out of my hands. Hey, a little dusting of blush over the head never hurt anyone, right?
So anyway, it's not exactly the epitome of relaxation, but the end result is the same!

Quote:

Originally Posted by katiejon1 View Post
What is this special membership. I really want the magazine, so maybe I would. I'm too lazy to click around and find it
It's at the top on the main MDC page, above all the topics - there's a link to the explanation of all the different categories.

Quote:

you.are.such.a.chick.
my sister got the chick gene, not me. i'm more ap then crunchy so you can stay on the island..

I am a total chick, and lovin' it
Thanks, I too am 100% AP but only somewhat crunchy; glad I'm not the only "crispy" one!

Quote:

i'm planning on leaving my other decorations up but have to take the tree down before tuesday. otherwise, it will be with us until next year... they only take them away for a short period of time... we learned about it last year when we kept it up the extra week...
Oh that stinks...no fair! Good point though, I should look into the tree-removal policies of our new town. At our old house they took them away for a few weeks after Christmas so we had plenty of time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amys1st View Post
Girlie girl here. And I have two more! I dont leave the house w out color on and I always use lip gloss. For me, gym shoes are for the gym and so are workout clothes and sweats.

I have only wore sweats in the last few years in public twice and both times I was leaving the hospital after having babies.

BFM- Sorry but I had to get the decorations down!! I am not a big xmas person. I think it stems from too many years in my youth working in retail and my sister dancing in the Nutcracker. Also I prefer just doing the Christ Mass and then the feast 12 days later.

I am looking forward to seeing you at the LLL conference. Wait until you see the hotel!!
YES I cannot wait for the conference, and to meet YOU! And your girls! It'll be so much fun. I'll bring your DH some more pretzels.
And yes, my brother said the hotel is fabulous, I can't wait - I love nice hotels. He also sad the shopping around there is fabulous as well - that could be dangerous! I always spend a small fortune at the LLL conferences with all the great exhibitors anyway - and now I'll have the temptation of regular shopping too?!? I better start saving my pennies now!

And yeah, my girls are total girlie-girls too - although I try not to "make" them be that way; I don't want them to feel they must be like me, I want them to be able to be whomever they are - but it's hard since I guess kids tend to imitate what they see. I figure when they get older they'll figure out if it's really "them" or not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommy2girlies View Post
That Cuisenart ROCKS!!!!!! Man it sucks not eating dairy or sugar!!! That looks pretty tasty!

It looks like we have thrush again and J.C is getting a little patch of eczema on his face. So Im pretty sure its the dairy and the enormous amounts of sugar I've been consuming since Thanksgiving!! So Im going no dairy or sugar. Hey Kerri, can you send me some recipes or links for non dairy stuff. Maybe a list of the dishes you make, so I could start a list. We're both taking probiotics now.
Yeah, no dairy AND no sugar would be hell! We made dark chocolate sorbet in the new ice cream maker last night and it was AMAZING! The best site EVER on dairy-free is my LLL co-Leader Jennifer's site here, she has recipes and info on hidden dairy and substitutes that work well, etc.:
http://www.kjsl.com/~beanmom/nomilk.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiromama View Post
It's now 10:30 and Ruby is still awake, after pinching, punching and biting me for at least an hour. ugh.
Andrew has been doing that too lately - he is a biter too
: When he won't nurse and is kind of flailing around like that and can't seem to settle down and sleep, one thing that works for me is to kind of hold him on the bed (gently but firmly) curled up against me or however he would usually sleep, with a light blanket kind of wrapped around him holding in his arms and legs. It works great - he usually fusses and yells and fights it for a minute, but then settles down and falls asleep. I think it's the same logic as swaddling when they're newborns, to help them feel "contained" and relax, YK?

Quote:

So for New Years we usually have a fab meal DH makes and hang out. Well this year we will have a fab meal, champagne (drinking the whole thing!!) and the Bears Game to watch as they kill the packers!!! Bob is making crab cakes. We do it every New Years.
YUM - champagne and crab cakes, can I come to Chicago 7 months early??

Quote:

Yikes! You can hit a child in a school setting???!!!
: I never would believe it if you didnt write that!! One time I was at my friend from colleges home. She just had her second. Our dds1 are the same age and at the time- 2 yrs old. Anyone who has had a 2 yr old knows that they have very short memories. Well she warned Becca not to do something or she would spank her. An hour later gave her the same warning then when Becca did whatever was wrong she said I am spanking you and LAid her across her lap and wacked her a few. My dd almost threw up. She was so scared she wouldnt leave my lap the rest of the time or let me leave the room to go to the potty. My dh was livid at that. We havent been back.
I feel the same way - when we were on our big road trip back in November we stayed with some close friends who are spankers unfortunately
I felt so awkward about it - they are great people otherwise, but I can't believe they spank so often. Not only for "major" things either. We sat up one night with them in a friendly debate over discipline, but I don't think we convinced them. Doesn't help that DH wavers on it - I am pretty sure he's GD in his heart, but I think he has this idea that spanking should still be a last-resort option for really, really, really bad behavior if all else fails (of course, I disagree!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sehbub View Post
Alright, must go chocolate sin sticks and roll rum balls.
Mmmmmmm......I bet those are mine!!
I wonder if they'll make it just from MD to PA in one day? Otherwise they won't get here until Tuesday which seems like forever!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megs_BK View Post
'Ello, all. Dan is still waiting around in the hospital.
Sorry to hear about Dan! Glad they know what's wrong now, though - and hope's feeling better soon!

Quote:

Originally Posted by katiejon1 View Post
Well, my sister is in the hospital. Mom called and said that she and her dh have that stomach flu that has been going around and that since she's preggers they're putting her in to give her fluid as a precaution. Mom said I can call her but then didn't give me the number. She was on her cell, so she probably didn't have it. I'm guessing she's heading down to her. We were all together on Wed. so I'm hoping nobody gets it. I *think* we're safe. We're on the far side of 48 hours, so here's hoping.

Evie's going to her first hockey game tonight. There's a team that plays here in the city and for something to do dh and I used to go before kids. Neither one of us knows a thing about it, but we like to watch it. I'm always impressed how the guys can stay up on the ice when they get hit! We took Caleb last year, and he's been waiting all year for it to get cold again so he could go back. Should be fun. I'm sure Miss Ev will be snug in the sling. Who knows if she'll sleep though. Those days seem to be past us now. The last couple of times I've put her in it thinking she'll go to sleep, she doesn't. Anybody else's baby do this?

Oh, and I got a Visa gift card for Christmas from the IL. To those of you who have both a mei tai and a sling, which do you use more? I love my sling, and have even worn Evie on my hip in it a few times, but I'm contimplating a mei tai. The one time I tried one on with her in it, she fussed, but I don't know if it was naptime/hunger/tired/ect. I don't want to waste my money if she's not going to like it. Any thoughts?
Sorry to hear about your sister! Hope you guys don't get it. We love hockey too - it was really big in my family (my brother played for years and years). Have fun at the game! I have never used a mei tei, I would like to try one, but I'm not sure if Andrew would like it since he prefers to face out usually. But I'm tempted to try anyway, just 'cause I've seen such pretty ones!

OK - off to order Chinese food, I'm a Chinese take-out addict

#1,815 ·
Well, we got moved into our new condo over the weekend. I never knew that moving with a baby would be this hard, I usually would have everything unpacked by now and organized...not going to happen. It is so nice to actually own my own home finally.

Alex loved Christmas, he actually open most of this gifts, we would start the paper and he would tear it off like a champ. of course, he would really care less about the toys, alls he wanted was the paper, actually, he got this chicken doing the chicken dance and he loves it, he flaps his wings around like a chicken, it is really cute.

We are offically six months as of yesturday..he had our checkup and he weights 18.12 lbs and is 27 in long.

#1,816 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sehbub View Post
Didn't hurt as bad as the nipples, trust me. And those were my first piercing. My piercer (Dave, I love him) said, in true piercer style, "Dude, you're hardcore."
I LOVED those piercings. And now, I get milk out of the center and both sides on each nipple. It's funny to pump and watch like a dozen streams come out.
It doesn't shoot out the sides, just trickles. Sorry, TMI.
Here are the snapdragons and here are the healing hands and just 'cause I love the picture, here is my favorite pic of me and the girls.
Yowzers on the nipple piercing!
: Never went that route. And your tattoos are so beautiful!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selesai View Post
You're horrible! Where is the covering eyes in horror smilie?

Quote:

Originally Posted by papayapetunia View Post
Yeah, it was from those Slim Jim beef jerky commercials. I could never hurt my poor little mom. She's like 5'2" and 100 pounds. I could maybe hold her in the palm of my hand or have her sit up on my shoulder, but I could never whack her with a heavy metal object.

Now I've got that slim jim commercial in my head!! Do you remember the ones with Macho Man Randy Savage?

Quote:

fun fun! this was our night as well!

and i have decided that c is going to either have to move to a nudest colony or tell his wife how to change his diaper cause we are not potty training.
:

Then to make my cleaning poop out of pants go even easier, while I was at it, J got a hold of his brother's POP TART and took a bite and puked all over the place. Hello sweet potatoes. Long time no see...

:
Sorry hon
But the sweet potato comment left me rolling!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by The4OfUs View Post

Actually, Homer says it to Bart when Bart is bashing sharing, helping others, and tolerance.
I was looking for a reference on this, but I keep finding it misquoted online. Homer says, "I find your ideas intriguing, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter." and I keep findin it, "Your ideas are intriguing to me....." Interesting. DH and I have been saying this phrase to each other for years, since the first time we saw the episode.
Thanks for the correction. I've admonished dh for misleading me

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiromama View Post
Someone 'molested' the zipper right off of my suitcase on our way out to MI for xmas. Thankfully my MIL bought us new luggage for xmas.

PS I heart wikipedia.
How do you molest a zipper?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megs_BK View Post
'Ello, all. Dan is still waiting around in the hospital. He's bored out of his gourd, but I brought him his Alton Brown cookbook to read and now he'll be entertained. They have him on a liquid diet, though, so reading about grilling, roasting and searing is... well, rather tortuous.

I can only imagine how hungry he is. Especially after reading a cookbook!! Poor guy!
:

#1,817 ·
Nipple piercing??? Ouch!!! I guess it would be easy to do after pregncy though if I had too- my nipples were so big, they would have never fit in MAggie's mouth when she was born. I know TMI but they were and my dorky dh said so.

About girly girlies- my older dd is but who knows w MAggie. She is tough. She has fended off would be attackers at LLL meetings.
This sweet little baby rolled over to her and she grabbed his hair and pulled. Then another little guy crawled over and she shoved him away. I think she meant to grab his nose like she does other people. At a nicu dinner, her old isolette mate next door was on the ground w her. She screamed at him as if to say- I am the baby here!! Go away!! and then attacked his nasal cannula (oxygen)

My niece whose mother is NOT a girly girl is a total girly girl. She was over today and the two girls attacked the dress up clothes. So between wedgie shoes, beads, crowns, and giggles they played and played.

BTW- Anyone attending the LLL conference or will be in Chicago this summer, we are having a MDC party in our backyard. Myself and another mdc mama will be putting it together but we have plenty of room and we will have plenty to do. So if you chat w other mamas here who you know will be going, let them know about our meetup. Of course nursing mamas are invited to nurse yourself silly in my backyard!!

#1,818 ·
Quote:

BTW- Anyone attending the LLL conference or will be in Chicago this summer, we are having a MDC party in our backyard. Myself and another mdc mama will be putting it together but we have plenty of room and we will have plenty to do. So if you chat w other mamas here who you know will be going, let them know about our meetup. Of course nursing mamas are invited to nurse yourself silly in my backyard!!
Awesome!! I am SO there.

#1,819 ·
OK, finally had a chance to upload photos, so now you can all gaze upon the 3 most adorable kids in the universe!

The Cutest Little Guy EVER!

I am TOO Adorable in my Santa hat!

Our whole family

3 Adorable Kids (from Thanksgiving, if Andrew looks younger in this one!)

Like Father, Like Son

Beautiful Madeleine

Beautiful Teresa

Sister Love

Us at Natural Bridge in VA - a national landmark, pretty cool

And...the top 3 reasons I have had a splitting headache since Christmas (in ascending order of continuous, loud, electronic noise emitted):

Madeleine's Favorite Present

Andrew's Favorite Present

Teresa's Favorite Present

(but don't worry, most of their other presents were more natural-family-living-oriented!
)

#1,821 ·
BFMama, We are hoping to get someone from every region of the US on mdc at our home party. We are also hoping it can be a "home fundraising party". Our chapter has a lot of social things. We do a playdate and the pm group does a potluck. We also do a potluck picnic with a walk.

We went to the zoo tonight for the Lights festival. Lots of lights! Liz loved it, Maggie stayed warm on Daddy in the daddy bra (baby bjorn). I thought she would snooze but she was wide eyed from all the lights all over. Ran into another LLL person.

#1,822 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caroline248 View Post
Those pictures are gorgeous!! The kids are too cute. And that is one big boy you got there....

Where are you living now? How far from the Quakertown area?
Thank you!!
I think so.

And yeah, he is a big guy, had his WBV yesterday (he turned 6 months on Christmas Day) and he was 28.5 inches & almost 23 pounds. He's outgrown all his 12-month stuff and is in 18-month now. (And he's still never had anything other than breastmilk, as I love to point out to random people who comment on his size or nag me about starting solids, etc.)

We're in Coatesville now, about an hour from your area. Speaking of which, whatever happened to our PA/MD get-together??? I think it got derailed by the holidays I guess? And then a bunch of us wanted to join Lisa on her visit to Sarah but the day/time didn't work out. We should try again in the new year!!

#1,825 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by BundleFishMama View Post
We're in Coatesville now, about an hour from your area. Speaking of which, whatever happened to our PA/MD get-together??? I think it got derailed by the holidays I guess? And then a bunch of us wanted to join Lisa on her visit to Sarah but the day/time didn't work out. We should try again in the new year!!
I don't know, things got crazy I guess..

We could totally meet at Elmwood Park Zoo when the weather gets nice (I mapquested you, you are about an hour from me)...

#1,826 ·
Quote:

Hmm....where is everyone tonight? The past few nights I haven't gotten online and there's been so much activity; now I'm here and no else is around!
:
:yawning:

I am here, but having a cup of tea and off to bed..

Care to join me?

I meant with the tea..not the bed part...

#1,827 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caroline248 View Post
I am here, but having a cup of tea and off to bed..

Care to join me?

I meant with the tea..not the bed part...

: Sorry, but I have TWO very handsome guys waiting for me in my bed, so I'd have to turn you down!
(And guess what, they like me between them...ooooo yeah baby....and they both love my breasts! Oh man, I really need to get to bed....
)

But yes, I'd love some tea, thanks - however I'm too tired to drive 1 hr., 11 min. to get it (I Mapquested you, too!)

OK I'm off to bed now too - but yeah, the zoo would be fun! That's the one in Norristown, right? Am I thinking of the right place?

#1,828 ·
Quote:

Mmmmmmm......I bet those are mine!!
I wonder if they'll make it just from MD to PA in one day? Otherwise they won't get here until Tuesday which seems like forever!
It might! And if not, then it won't get there until Wednesday.
: I found out as I was LEAVING the Post Office that there won't be any mail delivery on 1/2 in honor of the National Day of Remembrance for Gerald Ford. Had I know that going in, I would have expressed all the packages and just eaten the shipping difference, since it was my own fault (well, okay, my car's) for not getting them shipped out sooner. But they're on their way to you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahlynn83 View Post
Well, we got moved into our new condo over the weekend. I never knew that moving with a baby would be this hard, I usually would have everything unpacked by now and organized...not going to happen. It is so nice to actually own my own home finally.

Alex loved Christmas, he actually open most of this gifts, we would start the paper and he would tear it off like a champ. of course, he would really care less about the toys, alls he wanted was the paper, actually, he got this chicken doing the chicken dance and he loves it, he flaps his wings around like a chicken, it is really cute.

We are offically six months as of yesturday..he had our checkup and he weights 18.12 lbs and is 27 in long.
Have fun unpacking! We've been in our house for about a month now, and still have boxes in the garage that we need to go through. There just aren't enough hours in the day!

Quote:

Nipple piercing??? Ouch!!! I guess it would be easy to do after pregncy though if I had too- my nipples were so big, they would have never fit in MAggie's mouth when she was born. I know TMI but they were and my dorky dh said so.

I think that was one of the things that freaked me out the most when Sam was born...the nipple size in proportion to her mouth. My first thought was that there was no way in hell I would ever be able to breastfeed her. Which turned out to be true, but not for the reason I thought.
I'm much more confident that if Jackson goes to term we'll be able to nurse no problem.

And I wanna come to Chicago.
Hmm...if I save my pennies now, maybe in 5 years I can make it?

Quote:

And...the top 3 reasons I have had a splitting headache since Christmas (in ascending order of continuous, loud, electronic noise emitted):

Madeleine's Favorite Present
(but don't worry, most of their other presents were more natural-family-living-oriented!
)
It's a good thing Sydney isn't here with me right now. Butterscotch Pony (which is what I think that is, right?) is the ONLY thing she wanted from Santa. Poor kiddo. She got shoes instead.

Quote:

You can come visit anytime.
I won't be venturing out for a while, not until I work out the logistics of a crawling baby and a constantly nursing baby. I'm thinking I'll be house-ridden for at least a month.

#1,829 ·
I'm not sure how long it took me to catch up but it was a while! LOL

Megs, hope your DH is better soon!

Amy & BFM. I'm excited for the confrence as well but It'll be a long trip. 4 kids between my cousin and I (all under 4, LOL). and driving. !- We're a little worried how long it'll take us to get there, but i'm excited. like uber excited! hehe
We've got our hotel reserved and everything. Now i'm just saving money to spend on the exhibits there. hehe

Someone asked about a mei tai i think? I have two babyhawks and love them. I also use my cousins KozyCarrier which I love. For me I use it way more than my sling now.

I don't remember what else I was going to respond to. LOL

#1,830 ·
I'm a little
: but I won't get into that right now.

I am sooo tired. We've been crazy busy since we got here, and it's wearing me down a bit. And Katie has been getting passed around during the day (because she loves people), so she wants her "Mommy time" at night, so I get to sleep with a little velcro baby who wakes up 2 minutes after I am in bed without her.
: And we're heading south tomorrow to visit family that DH hasn't met yet after almost 4 years of marriage. Yea, we don't socialize with them much, but i guess it's time for them to meet my little family.

Oooh, and I bought some Earth Mama Angel Baby baby lotion today. Yum. It smells like creamsicles and is oh so soft. My Mom also treated me to an hour massage today and I bought some peruvian chocolate lotion at the spa. The massage was heaven. I tried to tell our friend (who owns the spa) that I didn't like my massage and wanted a do-over, but she just laughed at me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.