Mothering Forum banner

Anyone else grouchy?

1K views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  hopesoon 
#1 ·
I have been so grouchy lately. It doesn't take much, but if I have to repeat myself more than twice to my children or my DH, I just get really cranky with them. I have also been very weepy lately. These mood swings are awful.

Anyone else?

#7 ·
Joining the moody group.......
Same here.. only I have been crying more.. Last night my son lost his blanket, and he was upset.. God forbid if i could find his blankie.. Here I am looking for this blanket, crying my eyes out.. he loses his blanket ALOT, and never have i cried over this
I am just run down this time around.. So tired, not sleeping and Ithink it is catching up with me.
sending hugs too everyone!

#8 ·
Last night I picked a fight with DH because I felt like he should have married his laptop instead of me
: , and yes, there were tears & angry insomnia, and then first thing this morning at work, I bought a cup of coffee which I promptly spilled all over the right half of the front of my shirt (which is light gray). They gave me a replacement cup, which had a faulty rim, so then when I got to my cubicle and lifted it to drink, off popped the lid, so that now I had coffee spilled on the left front of my shirt, and my sleeve to boot. OOOO I have not had a good day, feeling self-conscious about the ENORMOUS poo-brown stain all over my shirt!!!!

#9 ·
Yes. Though I am trying to not let my inner grouch out. Today I was in l&d (just for more monitoring) and as the nurse is asking me questions, I'm answering them like this
but really what I'm feeling is this

Then I come home to my mom who for some reason is really, really rubbing me the wrong way right now so I'm answering her questions
but what I'm feeling is

Basically, if I could just not talk to anyone about "when do I think the baby will come" or "have they changed your due date?" (wtf?) I would be happy. Maybe I should just not talk to anyone. Ever.

#10 ·
Sign me up! I am definitely having some issues. I have never been this emotional at the end of a pg before! I am glad I am not the only one! Yesterday the kids trashed their bedroom and dh came for lunch and found me crying on the couch. I was just at the end of my rope with them and they are not listening. Dh really got on to them when he saw me and it made me feel better to know he was taking up for me. How silly!

Today I drive out to the mall to hopefully find a gender neutral outfit that no one around here seems to have. I didn't find one but they had some 70% off things I found for the others. I went to pay only to find out that dh has my check card and I left my checks at home. No money!! All that and waddling around in pain for nothing!! I have to go back tonight and also have to do some big grocery shopping too. Little electric grocery scooter here I come!!

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by lanielayne View Post
Today I drive out to the mall to hopefully find a gender neutral outfit that no one around here seems to have.
Both wal-mart & k-mart have white and yellow things.... yellow is still gender neutral isn't it? (I hope so, because that's what I wound up buying for my gender neutral baby outfits!)

Quote:
Little electric grocery scooter here I come!!
LMAO....that's actually a GREAT idea!!! Why didn't I think of that? I have not had the SPD problems that you have had, but in the past couple weeks my body has been dumping relaxin hormones and now when I walk I feel like my legs are going to fall off, and I get these horrible cramps and shooting pains in my thighs - one of them last night actually made me howl. So yeah, electric scooter cart sounds pretty good to me too!!!

#12 ·
This has been the most emotional pregnancy I've had, and it doesn't help to have DH remind me of how much of a bitch I've been. Someone needs to learn how to keep his mouth shut
If a man could just go through what we go through for one day
My vagina hurts like hell, I'm sleeping 15 minutes an hour at night, my boobs are leaking out of control, I get braxton hicks contractions every 20 minutes or so during the day, how many times have I urinated already today?

I'm sorry, didn't mean to vent in your thread but I can relate with the grouchyness.
s:

#13 ·
Mooliette, this is the perfect place to vent a bit. I showed this to my DH this morning, and it was nice to see that I am not the only emotionally crazy pregnant lady around.
I woke up this morning with and awful backache, nausea and a little diarrhea. I have hardly had any BH. At least it beats the 3 weeks of prodromal labor I had with my last one. I am 37 weeks today...
I am being especially intolerant of my not listening and clingy children today. At least I have choir practice tonight so I will be out of the house and even get a little bit of alone time driving in the car. I think it is just because I don't feel good.
Not too much longer I suppose.
I put my order in with my midwife for my water to break first so I can call the people who need to be called to watch children or travel (I have a friend coming from Virginia). Anyway, my midwife just said- yeah do you want a prescription for that?

I like the scooter idea, but I went to the grocery store last night. All by myself
It took me a while because I had to take my daughter (and really, the rest of my family because I am not cooking 2 different dinners every night) off of peanuts, eggs, gluten and soy. One of those things seem to be in everything.
: At least I know how to cook and as a general rule use whole foods, but there is wheat in worchestershire sauce. It's stuff like that...

Anyway, I am rambling and have already hit my grouchyiness quota for the day. I just wish my DH could come home from work and "make everything better."

#15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by honeybeedreams View Post
:

i'm not sure "grouchy" really describes it.

How about any of these?

crabbed, crabby, cross, fussy, grouchy, grumpy, bad-tempered, ill-tempered, cantankerous, crotchety, crusty, gruff, grumbling, grumpy, irritable, moody, morose, peevish, sour, sulky, sullen, surly, testy, touchy

#16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mooliette View Post
This has been the most emotional pregnancy I've had, and it doesn't help to have DH remind me of how much of a bitch I've been. Someone needs to learn how to keep his mouth shut
If a man could just go through what we go through for one day
My vagina hurts like hell, I'm sleeping 15 minutes an hour at night, my boobs are leaking out of control, I get braxton hicks contractions every 20 minutes or so during the day, how many times have I urinated already today?
the question is, how many times have i peed in the LAST HOUR??? and how many times have i changed my undies?????

i think i deserve a big gold star for not physically maiming my dh this pregnancy. i have had a really rough time and sometimes he has been the most neglectful, uncompassionate ass i could imagine. several times i imagined doing Very Bad Things to him. the worst thing is the unhelpful behavior he has modeled for ds who has copied his crap. grrrrr

so, i think if you have NOT killed your dh the last 35 or so weeks, you're doing great!!!

#17 ·
Quote:

so, i think if you have NOT killed your dh the last 35 or so weeks, you're doing great!!!
Now dh asks every 10 minutes, "Doing alright?" or some such thing. It is almost as annoying as him not giving a damn the past 9 months! Did I just suddenly get pregnant this week?

#18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by lanielayne View Post
Now dh asks every 10 minutes, "Doing alright?" or some such thing. It is almost as annoying as him not giving a damn the past 9 months! Did I just suddenly get pregnant this week?
what is this? code for, "you're not gonna have that thing during the superbowl are you?"

#19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelleybug View Post
How about any of these?

crabbed, crabby, cross, fussy, grouchy, grumpy, bad-tempered, ill-tempered, cantankerous, crotchety, crusty, gruff, grumbling, grumpy, irritable, moody, morose, peevish, sour, sulky, sullen, surly, testy, touchy

i was thinking more like homicidal.......

#20 ·
Quote:

i was thinking more like homicidal.......

Yes. That.

I had to leave the house today (against my will) and EVERYONE I ran into asked me "how are you feeling?"

"ready to have that baby yet?" No. I'd like to drag this out for another 3 months I'm having such a GOOD. TIME.

Oh. And the next person who asks me why I haven't just scheduled a c-section (because then I'd know when things were going to happen!) is going to get a roundhouse style kick to the head. I mean it.

#22 ·
Quote:

what is this? code for, "you're not gonna have that thing during the superbowl are you?"

: Actually, knowing my dh, it probably is!! I better not go into labor then or he might just have to miss the birth! (Wait I have been wanting a solo birth... hmmmm maybe that is the trick!)

#23 ·
this was my day yesterday....

dh stays home from work to "help" me. sleeps late, doens't lift a finger to help me get ds ready to leave the house. finally stands in the kitchen with his coat and hat on saying "i'm ready lets go!" argh. we drive to the mall. return stupid xmas gift from his lame uncle. ds decides he's hungry. we walk all the way to the food court. dh sits with ds while i get the food for everyone. then dh takes ds to the bathroom, comes out all pissed....watch him so i can go too. eh? how does this man think i function when he isn't around? i get the fairies to watch ds of course. then we have to walk all over the mall to find a bookstore for dh. course they find a toy store and i have to go back 3 times to get them because i found shoe store that has hiking boots for ds. finally we leave (late for the MW) and i have to keep saying to dh "lets go, we' re late" ds has huge temper tanturm in the mall.

we get to the mw, i have my appt. ds is being a little creep because he is still sick and he's tired from running all over the mall. now i'm really tired too. dh is being passive. finally i have to say "just pick him up an carry him to the car."

so then we have to stop at walmart. can dh say, "go home, i'll go back out?" nope. we all have to go. it's horrible. ds is a nutcase, i'm exhausted... we get into a huge fight on the way home about what a bitch i am.... we get back, i cry my eyes out for half an hour. and then dh asks me "what's for dinner?'

uh, your liver?

men have no clue what being pregnant is like.

#24 ·
This is just the thread I needed...

I can totally relate to everyone here. Honestly, I thought I was the only one having a totally emotional breakdown.

What is up with the peeing? Seriously! For two hours, the time it takes me to fall asleep on a good night, I pee at least 5-6 times. As soon as I lay down I get the urge. IT DOES NOT STOP! Once I get to sleep, I sleep about 45 minutes and then am up to pee again. Repeat once an hour, every hour. Until finally I can't sleep anymore at 5am and get up.

I have a cold right now and that is exacerbating everything. I'm even staying home from work to try and rest more, but I have to go back eventually. I'm hoping once the cold clears up I'll sleep more.

The baby was not engaged as of my last check two weeks ago. Does the peeing get worse with engagement? He/she is definitely low. If this gets worse I might go insane.

I, of course, cried this morning as DH was leaving for work. I just feel so crappy and lonely. I just feel so out of control of my body. He is taking a class that ends on 2/5 and I just miss him. He has to do homework all the time. I was actually hoping to go late so we could spend some more time together before the babe gets here. Now with my symptoms, I'm rethinking that wish.

I NEED TO HAVE THIS BABY! At least I would feel productive while not sleeping.

Back to dreaming about an Ambien and a catheter...

#25 ·
Quote:
I need to start using this to threaten dh into helping me more.

I haven't been too grouchy until last night. For the past few days dh has been constantly nagging me to take it easy and rest, because he is not ready for this baby to come. The most frustrating part is that when he gets home at night he sits on he couch and watchs tv, meanwhile I'm preparing dinner, often times entertaining dd, finishing up some laundry, washing dishes ect, etc. Finally last night I snapped and told him that I couldn't rest because if I did we wouldn't have food to eat, dishes to eat on, clean clothes to wear, a house that isn't totally trashed etc.

Honeybeedreams, I had to laugh at your trip to the mall because it is so similar to our trips. I'm getting dd ready while dh is standing in the kitchen asking if we're ready yet. I usually end up getting the food, running back and forth to get extra napkins if we need them, and helping dd eat. Then I'm generally still eating while dh tries, half-heartedly, to entertain dd while I'm shoving my food down as fast as I can.

I'm a big fan of the movie What about Bob. I keep telling myself "baby step" to February.

Anyway,
's to everyone. We're almost there.

#26 ·
Quote:

Last night I had an incredibly great dream where my baby was kicking my rib (as usual), only this time he was using it as a kickoff point to help him get out during labor.

So I shared this dream with DH, who said that he dreamed that he missed the Superbowl. There was no reason given in his dream for missing it. I feel guilty enough with him missing any number of parties because he feels like he should stay home with me/we shouldn't go anywhere.

But, like Lanie, I'd be happy with a solo birth and am eager for him to find a party to go to, and maybe take the kids with, too....

Anyway, I hope I don't get too superstitious about DH's dream. KWIM?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.