Mothering Forum banner

Pregnant plus size Mams, come here!!

32K views 441 replies 96 participants last post by  deany 
#1 ·
In the thread for plus size pregnancy pics there's been an interest in having a forum for plus size pregnancy chatter, so I'm hoping this can be it!!

Come on plus size mamas that are pregnant...ask questions, get support, etc.

See less See more
#428 ·
i dont know if i have gained any weight or not. staying off the scales, its not important to me.
however when DH takes pics of me when i am relaxing on the couch and i look at them later thats EXACTLY what i think i look like. Jabba the Hutt. usually cause i am slumping leaning back and just REALXING. not a very flattering pose for most everyone.
sorry you are feeling low.
maybe you could use a mantra everyday in the mirror to help "i am a birthing goddess. i am the earth mother. my body is beautiful. my body gives life." something like that.

#429 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by kireiemiri View Post
So my husband took a picture of me on his camera phone and I looked at it and cried. I look like Jabba the Hutt from Star Wars.

Anyone else feeling a little low due to weight gain, etc?

OMG! I know exactly how you feel. I want nothing more than to have a cute prego belly, and looking at the ones on my ddc are just making it worse.

I am going to take addymamas advice and use the mantra.

#430 ·
It's great to come and see an area where I finally feel I belong. Not that the other threads weren't helpful but it is nice to have a place where there are other people like you.

I was 19 when i got pregnant with my first and I was 243 lbs. I had severe morning sickness (or what i thought was severe until this one came along) and therefore ended up giving birth via c-section (pelvis was too narrow - found that out after 64 hours of labor) By that point I was 220lbs but had gained it all back after breastfeeding ceased and then some.

So now with this baby I started out at 266 and within three weeks I lost 6 pounds....can't keep anything down even though I'm on Diclectin. I don't know where I'm at these last two weeks because I don't have a scale here at home.

With the first one the doc was like you don't have to gain much - aim for 15-25 pounds at the most. But he never mentioned it this time. I just hope that everything turns out to be healthy and okay.

Thanks for listening and good luck to all of you. Here's to wishing you all happy, healthy and pain-free (ha in our dreams) births.

#431 ·
have you tried wearing your "green helmet" rylan? that could help ALOT where the Dilectin doesnt. help you get an appetite and keep food down. if you have no idea what i am talking about, PM me.

i need tot ake some new belly pics. the most recent i have are from 17 weeks. well thats not including the c-sec mamas photo shoot i did.

#432 ·
Hi Gals, mind if I join? I am 5w+4d pg with our final child. I have 4 living children now (3 with current DH). I am definately a plus size mamma. I went UC during my pregnancy with DD1 (had to transfer to hospital for emergency section though), so I don't know about the weight from then, but with DS2, I started out at 260, weighed 273 the day before he was born and weighed 261 the day I left the hospital after he was born. Last time, I weighed 270 when I got pg, got HG in week 12, lost 29lbs in two weeks, then slowly gained a bit through the pregnancy and weighed 258 when DD2 was born.
This time I am starting out at 280, my doc is very big woman friendly and doesn't worry too much about my weight gain as long I try to remain active and eat healthly. Actually, she is more worried about weight loss than gain this time around.

#436 ·
I hope I can join in on the fun!

I am 9wks 4 days along and would fit in the plus size catagory. This is my very first child so I am at a total loss for what to expect, do, etc. etc. But right now I am just hoping my boobs don't get too much bigger or I think I will cry at the thought of lugging them around!

#437 ·
Hi there--sign me up for the plus size mommies! I was 263 when I got pg with dd. I wanted a homebirth and my doctor scared me out of it by telling me that my size would put me at an increased risk for shoulder distocia (that b@#$@) I pushed dd out in 20 minutes. I was 209 when I got pregnant with ds and he was born at home beautifully. And alas, now I am back up again at 273 and 6 weeks pregnant with #3 hopefully to be a homebirth.

The thing that upsets me most about having a plus size pregnancy is that even at 38 weeks pg I don't look pg to most people. when I was in the hospital room waiting to be induced with #1, the nurse came in and actually said "where's the mama?" grantid I was clothed and sitting in a chair and not on the bed, it was humiliating.

oh well.
sarah

#438 ·
Quote:
The thing that upsets me most about having a plus size pregnancy is that even at 38 weeks pg I don't look pg to most people. when I was in the hospital room waiting to be induced with #1, the nurse came in and actually said "where's the mama?" grantid I was clothed and sitting in a chair and not on the bed, it was humiliating.
This is my first pregnancy I feel like I look pregnant & I'm sure most people think I just look fatter. You're right, it is depressing.

Don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread, but an awesome site for all pregnant mamas & especially for fluffy mamas is www.plus-size-pregnancy.org

#440 ·
I'm due with #4 in March and I was 220 when I got pg this time (never gotten pg under 190 I think)
and I fit in here nicely. I stopped weighing myself at my last midwife appt, I'm 28 weeks along and I don't even want to know. I figure, this is our last pregnancy (thinks my dh) and I don't want to spend it stressing over what my weight is. If I don't look, I don't have to tell him and my midwife isn't insisting on knowing either, alls good for me then! There's just more of me to love I guess. It does bother me though, I'm in my third trimester and to look at me (especially sitting down) you just think I'm a fat blob! Oh well, such is life. In a couple of months I'll have a nice new baby to hold and frankly, if my dh loves me either way, then I won't stress about it.
Carol

#441 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by rylan0303 View Post
It's great to come and see an area where I finally feel I belong. Not that the other threads weren't helpful but it is nice to have a place where there are other people like you.

I was 19 when i got pregnant with my first and I was 243 lbs. I had severe morning sickness (or what i thought was severe until this one came along) and therefore ended up giving birth via c-section (pelvis was too narrow - found that out after 64 hours of labor) By that point I was 220lbs but had gained it all back after breastfeeding ceased and then some.

So now with this baby I started out at 266 and within three weeks I lost 6 pounds....can't keep anything down even though I'm on Diclectin. I don't know where I'm at these last two weeks because I don't have a scale here at home.

With the first one the doc was like you don't have to gain much - aim for 15-25 pounds at the most. But he never mentioned it this time. I just hope that everything turns out to be healthy and okay.

Thanks for listening and good luck to all of you. Here's to wishing you all happy, healthy and pain-free (ha in our dreams) births.
Your baby is here by now, but just in case anyone else is still suffering through this, I want you to know you're not alone. The first week of October I weighed myself and I was 237. Today I weighed in at 214. I've been miserably ill and nothing helps. The one time I want to at least maintain a steady weight instead of losing weight and the pounds keep dropping. I've lost 9% of my body weight in 13 1/2 weeks and can't seem to enjoy this pregnancy at all because I've been so sick. I'm not due until June and if this continues like my last two HG pregnancies I will continue being ill and losing weight right up til birth.

The part that rankles me {well, other than the intense constant nausea and misery, of course} is that after Bun is born the weight will pack right back on. Nursing seems to make me gain weight, while pregnancy makes me lose. Go figure. It feels unfair, you know? If I don't get the weight loss under control before the third trimester I'll wind up being disqualified from a homebirth. My mw team is great though. Nobody has said a word about me being overweight; they're more concerned about the loss than the number on the scale.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.