Mothering Forum banner

I'm Pregnant!!! Update post #77

35K views 335 replies 113 participants last post by  georgia 
#1 ·
So..... I think I'm like.............................................. ..............................
6 or 7 MONTHS pregnant!!!!

My belly's getting bigger, and I'm feeling KICKS! Not just those little "butterfly" kicks (which I did feel a month or 2 ago, but talked myself into it that they were just gas), but hard KICKS! Nothing but maternity clothes fit, I can feel and see my uterus about 3 inches over my belly button, and my wedding ring is too small (which only happened when I was PG w/DD).

The weird part, though, is that I haven't gotten a positive pregnancy test.
: I've taken 4 of them in the last two weeks, (one $ store test, 2 name brand tests, and one at Planned Parenthood) and none came up positive. So I'm wondering if they're accurate this far along?
I'm also getting periods every month, and my breast milk supply has been unaffected.
Now, when I went to Planned Parenthood I asked her about it, she palpitated my stomach and told me, get this, that I had "extra intestines", was probably extra gassy and maybe had a thyroid problem. HOW does someone get "extra intestines"????
: And the only symptoms of hypothyroidism I had were fatigue, constipation, and irritability. Also pregnancy symptoms.

So, I'm just taking a wait and see attitude as I had already planned to UP/UC my next child. I may rent a Doppler or just buy a fetoscope to get some confirmation. I made a list last week of all the things I'll need for a waterbirth and it should only be about $150! And this'll be soo much less stressful than with dd's pregnancy/birth.

See less See more
#78 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Codi's Mama View Post
I bought a Bebe Sounds hearbeat listener today.
: I got it off Craigslist for $11 bucks, though, so I figured it would be okay, even if it didn't work. But it did! I definitely heard the "galloping horses" heartbeat! And "he" was kicking at it, too. So I got to hear the little kicking thumps. Sooo sweet!
I think I heard the placenta, too, the "whoosh", up near the top. I played with it for over an hour!

I'll try to record it in the next day or two and I'll post it to this thread.
I've been reading the pregnancy calenders, looking at what would be going on at what stages in pregnancy, and I think I'm 24-26 weeks along. I can feel my uterus about 2.5 inches above my belly button. If I'm right, that would make me "due" in October. For some reason I'm really drawn to the 16. No clue why. We'll see what happens!
I'm definitely going to have everything together by August, though! Just to be safe! And dd's getting a pool next month that I just may need to "borrow" later on.

Wow!! Good for you, mama! Congrats to your family... this will be quite a story to tell the little one one day!

#81 ·
I'm due the end of October - I'm feeling lot's of kicks now, and my fundus is about where you describe. I'm surprised you could go so long and not know - I knew the same week I conceived! (But my period was a week late before I even got a faint line on a HPT. I never go in for a "confirmation." I heard the heartbeat at 15 weeks on my doppler.) But yeah, periods would definately throw me.

#83 ·
Congrats wishing you a healthy and happy pg. Not much longer to go maybe

#85 ·
Quote:

I definitely heard the "galloping horses" heartbeat! And "he" was kicking at it, too. So I got to hear the little kicking thumps. Sooo sweet!
I think I heard the placenta, too, the "whoosh", up near the top. I played with it for over an hour!

...I think I'm 24-26 weeks along. I can feel my uterus about 2.5 inches above my belly button. If I'm right, that would make me "due" in October. For some reason I'm really drawn to the 16. No clue why. We'll see what happens!
Hey, congrats! I am 24 weeks now and due Oct 17, by my best guess. It will be very interesting to see how things progress for you. So you were ttc, but didn't get a + test and kept having AF and thought you weren't pg? I can kind of understand that, b/c in the first few months I often don't feel very pg. At this point though it is all too obvious!

#87 ·
I'm also glad you were able to avoid exposure to ultrasound by using the bebesounds instead of a doppler. Congratulations, mama! I tend to have very difficult first trimesters (although this one is mild for me so far) so I can't help thinking how cool it must have been to miss out on all of the puking and the exhaustion and the hormonal bitchiness.

I'm so glad you trusted your body and that you and your little one are going to be okay. This may be more common than many of us realize, but it is very special and definitely a family story that bears retelling and retelling until he groans and rolls his eyes and says, "Oh, MOM!"

Little boys are very special and that's what I think you have.

#90 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by noordinaryspider View Post
Congratulations, mama! I tend to have very difficult first trimesters (although this one is mild for me so far) so I can't help thinking how cool it must have been to miss out on all of the puking and the exhaustion and the hormonal bitchiness.
Yeah, I think that's what threw me off a little bit (that and the periods
). With dd I threw up so much I lost 14 lbs in the first 2 months and had to go to the hospital for an IV because of dehydration. I was also wanting to sleep *all* the time and so of course I was pretty bitchy
. That's kinda why I think it's a boy, the abscense of all that. Oh, plus, I'm growing really dark facial hair like crazy. (No clue if a baby boy's male hormones could do that, tho).

Well, thanks for all the congrats everyone, off to introduce myself to the October DDC!

#92 ·
Yes, we're planning to UC. DH isn't quite on board (he wants me to get a doula to UC), but I'm working on him. I told him if he wants they can all go out to dinner and can come home to meet the baby! He was a little shocked!

#93 ·
have you considered getting an u/s just to be sure? it is possible to think you hear the HB with one of those microphone thingies, but you could be mistaken. the facial hair could be a sign of a hormonal problem

eta or at least see a symathetic MW, maybe? i am all for UC,but i think consulting a professional is vital when things are as iffy as you are describing.

#94 ·
Congrats!!!!!!! How amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! Let us know how you are feeling and growing; belly pics anyone?

Also, I 2nd the baby boy stuff. My preg with DS was completely non-sickening (just mildly green at times in the beginning) but with DD I was hurling from my toes (lost weight etc). Just from that difference, I knew DD was a girl in the first few weeks of pg!! Only my gramma (on her death bed no less
) predicted (with great certainty, I might add) that this baby was a girl before I did. Amazing how each pg is so different!

Again, congrats!!!!!!!!

#96 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by homemademomma View Post
have you considered getting an u/s just to be sure? it is possible to think you hear the HB with one of those microphone thingies, but you could be mistaken. the facial hair could be a sign of a hormonal problem

eta or at least see a symathetic MW, maybe? i am all for UC,but i think consulting a professional is vital when things are as iffy as you are describing.
Not thinking of an u/s right now. Maybe in a month or 2 if I feel like it. The HB I heard was so fast and regular I don't see how it could have been anything else. I looked up hormonal problems that include excess facial hair and it's not growing *that* fast. Plus, it's just my "mustache" and eyebrows that are growing fast, nothing that hasn't been shaved or plucked before. And my leg/armpit hairs are still growing at the same rate. No black hairs cropping up on my back, neck or chest either.
Thanks for the concern. It was good for me to check that out as it's been mentioned a couple times on here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bensmommy
belly pics anyone?
I'll see if I can get some good ones. I had DH take a few, but they've come out bad. I'll see if I can figure out how to take pics of myself with the camera.

#98 ·
OK, I am the first to admit that I know very little about UC and UP. I have read this thread with interest, though, and I have to admit that I am a little surprised that now that you have found a heartbeat that you don't want to have it confirmed with an u/s so you can figure out how far along you are. I would imagine that it could be important in case you have pre-term labor, or other end of pregnancy complications. I understand about trusting your body, etc. but from what I've read here it seems that most women who UP have been carefully tracking their own pregnancies and are educated about symptoms for possible problems. Since you didn't even know you were pregnant I don't understand what a bit more information from a medical professional (i.e. u/s) would hurt?

I am just really curious about why you aren't compelled, at the very least, to have the pregnancy dated?

#99 ·
The package on the one I got said it had some new "heartbeat" technology that filters out some of the background noises.
I just put it on my chest and turned it up to where I could hear my heartbeat well without a lot of static, then started hunting around on my belly for the baby's.

#100 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by JEB20005 View Post
OK, I am the first to admit that I know very little about UC and UP. I have read this thread with interest, though, and I have to admit that I am a little surprised that now that you have found a heartbeat that you don't want to have it confirmed with an u/s so you can figure out how far along you are. I would imagine that it could be important in case you have pre-term labor, or other end of pregnancy complications. I understand about trusting your body, etc. but from what I've read here it seems that most women who UP have been carefully tracking their own pregnancies and are educated about symptoms for possible problems. Since you didn't even know you were pregnant I don't understand what a bit more information from a medical professional (i.e. u/s) would hurt?

I am just really curious about why you aren't compelled, at the very least, to have the pregnancy dated?
Well, I did try to go to a "doctor" and they just kind of poo-pooed me (at Planned Parenthood). I don't really have all that much trust in doctors anyway. I'm young, I'm healthy, I don't have any pre-existing medical conditions, no problems with my previous pregnancy and if I can do almost anything a dr can do in the comfort of my own home, I don't really see the point. I have been researching UP/UC for a while and while some women choose to "carefully track" their pregnancies and symptoms, some just go with the flow and only check certain things if they feel there's a problem or if they *want* to. Look at all the examples on this thread and the other one I posted about that didn't even know they were pregnant until they were *in labor*. The body knows what to do. I've been on a fairly good diet and taking my vitamins anyway, because I'm still nursing my toddler. If I thought there was a problem, I wouldn't hesitate to seek medical care. I'm just not getting those "get to a dr. now" vibes and I wouldn't get an u/s just to "confirm dates".
Totally not trying to be snarky or mean,I know it's hard to judge moods over the internet. Just trying to help others understand my POV.

#101 ·
Quote:

Well, I did try to go to a "doctor" and they just kind of poo-pooed me (at Planned Parenthood). I don't really have all that much trust in doctors anyway. I'm young, I'm healthy, I don't have any pre-existing medical conditions, no problems with my previous pregnancy and if I can do almost anything a dr can do in the comfort of my own home, I don't really see the point. I have been researching UP/UC for a while and while some women choose to "carefully track" their pregnancies and symptoms, some just go with the flow and only check certain things if they feel there's a problem or if they *want* to. Look at all the examples on this thread and the other one I posted about that didn't even know they were pregnant until they were *in labor*. The body knows what to do. I've been on a fairly good diet and taking my vitamins anyway, because I'm still nursing my toddler. If I thought there was a problem, I wouldn't hesitate to seek medical care. I'm just not getting those "get to a dr. now" vibes and I wouldn't get an u/s just to "confirm dates".
Totally not trying to be snarky or mean,I know it's hard to judge moods over the internet. Just trying to help others understand my POV.
Likewise, I am not trying to be snarky and mean either with my question. Your POV is just so far removed from how I personally think I just didn't understand. I agree that a lot of things can go right in a pregnancy that isn't monitored by a health professional. Most of the time pregnancies do go well. I guess I am just one of those women who like to have information so I can make informed decisions and for me that would mean having the pregnancy dated. I can respect that you have a very different opinion about your own pregnancy.

Best wishes.

#102 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by artgoddess View Post
Wow you had better luck than I did. I got one of those Bebe sounds things when I was pregnant with my first, and no matter where I put that thing, my heart, my stomach, my ass, my calf, it all sounded the same.

did it sound like something that could possibly ever be intrepreted as a heartbeat?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.