Mothering Forum banner

NMY Graduates love thread

33K views 999 replies 35 participants last post by  cking 
#1 ·

to the NMY Graduates (+ babies) love thread!

See less See more
#905 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maela View Post
Also typing one handed, we had our baby girl Maev at 10:30AM! 6lbs12oz and 20in. long with a 13in. head. She has brown hair and looks a lot like I did as a newborn. She is sooooo cute!! I'll definitely have to post some pics soon! Breastfeeding is going okay. She takes a while to latch on properly, and I'm getting some painful contractions while nursing. But I know things will get better. I
watching her nurse!

Labor was a lot harder than I had expected. Things were going smoothly and I was enjoying it from 11AM when it started to about 2AM. Then transition was difficult (which I expected) and pushing was awful (which I had not expected). I really do not think that I want to birth another baby - right now I would rather adopt. But we'll see how I feel in two years. I did get my natural homebirth though, and that I am proud of! It's very nice to be sitting here in my own bed with my dh and my baby! I don't know if I could have done it naturally if I had had her in the hospital.

Now I am lying in bed for the next week with my babe and dh (he is off until Aug. 9th).
: Congrats Maela!!!!! Welcome baby Maev!

Enjoy your baby week

-Jodi

#908 ·
Farmama, Welcome Natalina!

Maela, Welcome Maev!

I cannot believe you two both were able to get on the computer so soon!! I was a wreck, physically and emotionally, for days. I don't think I even left the bedroom for 24 hours (couldn't sit or stand up properly for almost a week!!!)

I am impressed! Oh, and Mae, your labor sounds much like mine was. Pushing was way more than I had bargained for!!

#909 ·
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATALINA!!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAEV!!!!!!!

I can't wait to read the birthstories
: This was an exciting day for NMY!!!!!!!!! Two healthy homebirths! Maela, I definately thought that pushing wasn't the "feel good" that I had been promised. If you were like me and couldn't get the head out with 1 contraction: I literally couldn't believe that I had to wait for another contraction, his head part in and part out.

We make some strong mamas here at NMY!!!!!! Maela, I had a candle lit during your birth! Farmama....
I had a candle lit for the begining of your babymoon.

And, call me sophomoric but......one of my first thoughts was "Hmmmm, I wonder if farmama and Maela were bding at the same time 9 months ago?"

Oh, this is such a happy day.....

#911 ·
I wanted to wait to share this after the thunder of the gorgeous births had passed, but I'm afraid I'll forget: baby Fenton has 2 teeth popping up today. Feeling a little ambivalent about it (I'm excited! I'm sad!), but when the ILs heard, they insisted on coming over to see the teeth. They are the most celebrated teeth in the county today

Hope the mamas are enjoying a restful and lovely BabyMoon
I'm sharing in your joy today, the world feels gorgeous today!!!!!!

Which reminds me: We're missing a couple of birth stories, aren't we? I know Elizabeth has been negligent (
), but Alice, did I miss yours? I'd love to read BeccaBears and Turtles too (anyone else I missed?), anyone know if they've posted one?

#913 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Shanna~ View Post
I wanted to wait to share this after the thunder of the gorgeous births had passed, but I'm afraid I'll forget: baby Fenton has 2 teeth popping up today. Feeling a little ambivalent about it (I'm excited! I'm sad!), but when the ILs heard, they insisted on coming over to see the teeth. They are the most celebrated teeth in the county today

good heavens! isn't he only 4 months?

#915 ·
Congratulations Maela!!

Maev

pushing was much harder than i expected, too. in fact, it was the only part of labor that was nearly unbearable. i could feel myself starting to freak out, and had to talk myself down. luckily i only had to push for twenty minutes

it is totally worth it, though i have to admit i have reservations about pushing out another one...

#917 ·
Hey girls.
:

I'm sorry I haven't been around. I just can't keep up with you all!
But, I wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing.
I can't believe how many graduates we have! Did I count 8???
:

Alexander and I are doing great. Can I ask who was so sweet to give me a DDDDC. Is that what it's called? I'm feeling like I'm in the "in crowd" now.

I will post my birth story in a couple minutes. It was nothing like we had planned, but I have my sweet boy now.

The saddest thing is that I am basically unable to breastfeed. I found out about a week after Xander was born that I have hypoplastic breasts, also known as IGT. Basically, my breasts did not mature correctly and I have very little mammary tissue. So, I don't make much milk at all. I get about 1 ounce per day pumping. And Alex got about 1/3 oz at the feeding we did with the LC when she weighed him before and after. I am just thankful that I can get a little. Apparently, some women never get any milk at all.
He got thrush about the same time he started to refuse to latch, so I haven't tried to work on that. I wanted to wait until the thrush cleared up so that we didn't have to battle that too. But, it's taking much longer than I thought. So, I don't know if he will ever latch again. We'll find out later.

My little guy is already 10 weeks!! It's so hard to believe. He was 12lbs and 23" at his 8 week appointment. I will give a link to pics for you too.
Some of the pics are the same in the two links, but some are different.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ear/Alexander/
http://flickr.com/photos/8279613@N08/

Now to go post a birth story.

Congrats to all the other new mamas!!

#919 ·
Gotta make this quick - I got an unexpected nap out of the little one!

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmama View Post
wanted to share a few photos of our precious babe...

Natalina
She's gorgeous - absolutely perfect!!!!! And.....she's so smart! I can tell, I consider myself an expert on my own infant's intelligence

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeccaBear View Post
Hey girls.
:

I'm sorry I haven't been around. I just can't keep up with you all!
But, I wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing.
I can't believe how many graduates we have! Did I count 8???
:

Alexander and I are doing great. Can I ask who was so sweet to give me a DDDDC. Is that what it's called? I'm feeling like I'm in the "in crowd" now.

I will post my birth story in a couple minutes. It was nothing like we had planned, but I have my sweet boy now.

The saddest thing is that I am basically unable to breastfeed. I found out about a week after Xander was born that I have hypoplastic breasts, also known as IGT. Basically, my breasts did not mature correctly and I have very little mammary tissue. So, I don't make much milk at all. I get about 1 ounce per day pumping. And Alex got about 1/3 oz at the feeding we did with the LC when she weighed him before and after. I am just thankful that I can get a little. Apparently, some women never get any milk at all.
He got thrush about the same time he started to refuse to latch, so I haven't tried to work on that. I wanted to wait until the thrush cleared up so that we didn't have to battle that too. But, it's taking much longer than I thought. So, I don't know if he will ever latch again. We'll find out later.

My little guy is already 10 weeks!! It's so hard to believe. He was 12lbs and 23" at his 8 week appointment. I will give a link to pics for you too.
Some of the pics are the same in the two links, but some are different.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ear/Alexander/
http://flickr.com/photos/8279613@N08/

Now to go post a birth story.

Congrats to all the other new mamas!!
Becca, we've missed you!
. I wish I was responsible for you DDDDC - I love it! I'm so sorry that you've had so much opportunity to show your toughness as a mama. You sound like you have been the best mama to this little guy
You are one tough lady........He's gorgeous, brilliant, and perfect. I'm going to go read the birth story, before my little chomper wakes up. And yes, you're right, he is only 4 months old. His daddy teethed at 3 months old....
:

Quote:

Ok, our birth story is posted.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...94#post8673394

#921 ·
Welcome to Maev and Natalina!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so very happy that I went online today!!!!!! Natalina looks just darling. Thanks for posting pics so soon (no suspense...few). I can't wait to see Maev but I won't nag. Enjoy your babymoons!!!!!!!

Quote:
And, call me sophomoric but......one of my first thoughts was "Hmmmm, I wonder if farmama and Maela were bding at the same time 9 months ago?"
Shanna, you are too funny! Now I'm off to read Becca's birth story.

#923 ·
I love all the baby pics - they are so sweet!

Thanks for sharing your birth story Becca, they are one of my favorite things to read.... maybe why I liked the book Baby Catcher so much

I just realized that I think i'm next in the line up for a birth.... but unfortunately I think you all are going to have to wait a while. Baby does not seem to be interested at all in joining the air-breathing world.... Hasn't dropped (well besides last thurs and friday for a bit) and seems so cozy in there.

I have now officially told my sister and my MIL about our HB plans..... we didn't plan on telling anyone -but MIL asked us point blank and we didn't want to lie to her or keep it from her... and she is okay with it. (we knew she would be, but if my mom ever finds out that my MIL knew and she didn't - all he** will break loose!)

Also - my sister is coming to stay with me for 2 weeks - starting Monday. I'm really excited to have her here. When she called yesterday, she said, "so you only stay at the hospital for like 24 hours right?" and I said - "well, if you read the birth plan that I gave you carefully, you will see that it says we plan to HB, and the medical stuff that's written in it is only if we need to transfer" - to which she says, "I don't care where you birth, as long as everything is going well- I know that most births are normal, so that's fine..."

I was super surprised because my mom has been telling us the horrible experiences she had with the births of her 3 children.... and my sister's 2 friends that have kids had either c-sections or long epidural births.... But I'm so excited now that I know she is okay with it.... I was worried she would freak out on me when I told her. But the best part is that she agreed with me that it is better that no-one tells our mother till after the birth.

-Jodi

#926 ·
Quote:

Can I ask who was so sweet to give me a DDDDC. Is that what it's called? I'm feeling like I'm in the "in crowd" now.

I still don't know who gave me mine, but I love it, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that they actually remembered my aura-reader story from well over a year ago (its even been a year since it was part of my siggy)!!! Now THAT makes me feel not only part of the in crowd but also quite loved!

Anyone wanna fess up now??
:

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.