Mothering Forum banner

implantation or af? UPDATE--faint line; no line; FAINT LINE!

1K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  rainymorning 
#1 ·
i've had mild cramping for the last two days, since yesterday morning. and all i get in my diva cup is a bit of white-watery cm in the very tip--i check every 4 hours. if it were af, wouldn't it come right after the cramping started? i usually cramp a bit on the first days of spotting and flow, not before.

anyone had implantation cramping for 2 days? it is on and off, very mild.

#2 ·
Where are you at in your cycle? What is your usual LP?

Implantation cramping, from what i understand, would usually take place from 7-10 DPO... but somtimes as early as 6 DPO or as late as 12 DPO.

Unfortunately, I think this is one of those "every woman is different" situations. What is most important is looking at what is typical for you. Personally, I often have cramps for a couple days before AF shows up.

#3 ·
OMG! i was just about to post that i woke up, no AF, tested, and got a BFN. and i looked back on the test, and there is a very faint line! it appeared within 5 minutes, not right away, and it IS very faint, i don't even think it will come up on a photo, i will try
, but when i tested with the same test on sunday there was nothing, not even a hint of a line, not even after 20 min.

and even though the line is VERY faint, i saw it in the dim room. but gosh, i looked again, and it is sooooooooooo faint.

the problem is that i didn't track my cycle this month...and i tracked my O only by CM and high cervix. so basically i was counting the two dtd days during the ewcm as my possible O, and counting from there (i know, very vague, and lots of "ifs", but it was enough to obssesss
)

i will see if the line is visible when i take a photo

OMG, i am so excited, and hope it is for real!!!!

ETA: so this is my vague cycle:
july 12: ewcm, high cervix, dtd
july 13: creamy/ewcm, high cervix
july14: tdt
july 15: low cervix, creamy cm
july 16: low cervix,creamy cm
july 22: BFN
july 23: cramping
july 24: cramping
july 25: which could be anywhere from 11 t0 14dpo. so if it is closer to 11 dpo, then this could have been implantation. if it is closer to 14dpo, it could have been AF, but still no sign of AF.

when i checked the diva cup, the cm was tinged yellowish, and i know it gets yellowish for me before AF too, i think it is a bit of blood mixing with it.

so i keep looking at the test. when i tested on july 22, there was absolutely nothing, just shiny white. but gosh, it is so faint!!! uploading my photos.

#5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MyZymurgy View Post
OMG- how exciting! I can't wait to see the pictures!!!
i know! i keep staring at the line! i have like 500 photos on my camera (not of the test
), it will take a while.

okay, possible symptoms: had indigestion with cramping; and boobs are a bit sore, but it thought because of DS nursing

#6 ·
I know you said you often get yellow cm before af - but I've read many times that yellow cm is a pg sign.

I'll be checking back in later this morning - and I hope I'll get to see your BFP!!!

#7 ·
well, the test didn't photograph well. it is really really faint. but i can still it. will try tomorrow.

i had a very faint line like this with DD, and implantation spotting (no cramping)

and i had a faint line before DD that ended up either a false positive or a chemical pregnancy...

i hope the cramping means it is for real! not chemical!

#10 ·
Quote:

Oh how nervewracking!!! I hope you get a nice dark line tomorrow that won't shy away from the camera.
thanks. the line is gone. not sure what to think now. it was probably a false positive. why did it have to happen to me? ugh. i got so excited. this never happened to me--the line disappearing almost completely. there is still a very thin gray outline, but you wouldn't know, if you just looked at it. :-(

#12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by rainymorning View Post
okay, i just read that okay, just read thatsome very faint lines may disappear, and they are still positive, unless they took more than 10 min to appear. mine was like 4-5 minutes. still hoping.
Oh, man! The exact same thing just happened to me! As a matter of fact, I just posted about it.

Here's hoping this disappearing line thing is just a fluke!

#13 ·
Oh, the streeeeesss!!! I'm so sorry.

I think disappearing positives aren't that uncommon. I actually had one on a FRER. It was thick, pink, and clearly positive. DH and I danced and celebrated. Then about two hours later the nice pink line disappeared. Subsequent tests were negative. So... it does happen.

You could still be pg, though... I hadn't read that about faint line disappearing, but I'd be willing to believe it.

Good luck -- hang in there and keep us posted.

#14 ·
Quote:

Quote:

Oh, the streeeeesss!!! I'm so sorry.

I think disappearing positives aren't that uncommon. I actually had one on a FRER. It was thick, pink, and clearly positive. DH and I danced and celebrated. Then about two hours later the nice pink line disappeared. Subsequent tests were negative. So... it does happen.

ugh,
s. how awful. FRE also gave me a false positive 3 years ago. the line didn't disappear, but all the other tests were negative.

Quote:
You could still be pg, though... I hadn't read that about faint line disappearing, but I'd be willing to believe it.
well, i read it on the peeonastick.com or something like that, after googling "pregnancy line disappeared"

Quote:
Good luck -- hang in there and keep us posted.
thanks! i will!

#15 ·
update: no af, woke up at 8 today, tested--nothing in 3 minutes. then DD wakes up and i run to nurse her back to sleep, and the next time i see the test is 11am. FAINT LINE! a touch darker than yesterday.

still a bit of cramping, but not as much as yesterday and the day before. but i'm *aware* of my uterus at most time. no other symptoms, really.

what do you guys think? i'm still hopeful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.