Mothering Forum banner

JUNE Mamas!!

14K views 378 replies 83 participants last post by  *Karen* 
#1 ·
I think I am the first one...no? I am only 7 DPO, and I am only 99% sure at this point, my tests tonight had very light lines on them, I bet the one in the morning will be darker. If not I guess I will start the June thread, but not be here!! Oops!
Anyone else at this point? My DD would be June 4th!

#52 ·
Hello - I'm here to join this thread. My edd is June 3rd according to my TCOYF chart - but I delivered my last dd 12 days past my due date - so I'm fully expecting a mid-June baby! I'm still nursing my 2.5 yr. old at naptime and also have a 5yr. old dd. Anyone else planning their first homebirth? I'm interviewing a second set of midwives in a week. I'm a little nervous and very excited!

ChesapeakBorn - I am so sorry. I was so sad to see your update here.

Must run - taking my youngest to the ortho. dr. today - she fell out of our bed 2 nights ago and fractured her clavicle - we've had one heck of a week here!

Namaste.

#53 ·
Its so cool to see so many nursing mommies here!!!

yogamama2 - GL on finding a good mw. Your poor little DC hope he/she feels better soon. I am planning my 3rd homebirth, hopefully with the same mw as we had last time.

Anyone else planning a homebirth? I am a little tempted to go the UC route this time round, but not sure yet. I just know DH will be totally opposed. I have this feeling that I may be expecting twins - no real reason, just a feeling and if I am right then we will have to UC as mw here don't do homebirths when there are any complications and multiples are considered a complications
:

#55 ·
Well, it's official now, but there is some question about whether I'm a May or a June mom! So far, I'm feeling pretty good, a bit low on energy, but I'm trying to hang in there as I have a lot of major things happening between now and the end of November.
The only slightly sad thing is that I had found some designs and had gotten all set up to get some new ink, but I imagine that will have to wait.

#56 ·
Welcome to the new mamas!

I'm waiting with baited breath for the results of our first beta hcg test and progesterone level. I'm expecting the call anytime today. I had the test yesterday morning. I've taken a couple more pg tests and while I know that hpt's aren't quantitative seeing the line get darker is encouraging! I go in tomorrow morning for another beta hcg and won't get those results until Monday unfortunately. I'll have my first u/s in a couple weeks (since I've had an ectopic pg they always do an early u/s to make sure the baby in the right place).

I'm not really having any symptoms except fatigue, but that could be because I'm not really sleeping that well at night and can't seem to sleep past 5am (I usually get around 7am). By 5am I totally have to pee and that wakes me. So I guess needing to pee badly in the early am could be a symptom. But no nausea, no sore bbs. I don't feel a bit pg but that's normal this early on.

Does anyone know when there will be an "official" due date club for our group? Just curious.

#58 ·
Congrats heidi!

I just got my test results back in.
Hcg at 12dpo was 40. Progesterone was 23.8.
With my two sons my hcg was 30 and 31.7 at 12dpo, respectively. (I didn't write down the info from my daughter -- wish I had!)
With the twins that I miscarried my hcg was 40.1 at 12dpo.
And so here we are again with an hcg level of 40 at 12dpo. I'm nervous. Maybe it is twins again- maybe not - won't know until an u/s. But, this was the initial level that led to our miscarriage so I can't help but be nervous about it.

Because of our losses in the past, my OB is putting me (again) on prometrium. I'll start that tonight. It just adds a little extra layer of protection in case my body decides to slack off on producing the progesterone -- it has done that 3 times in the past, including our two boys who turned out just fine (but I took progesterone supplements with them too).

Anyway, I'm rambling! I'm excited and nervous and still in shock that I'm pg again!

#61 ·
Well I guess I'm not going to join you after all. AF showed up. This is the biggest fake out I've had ever! I so thought that this was it. I guess not. Oh well. Maybe some day...

#62 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by bean's mama View Post
I'm starving!!! I've been eating non-stop. I've even been getting up in the middle of the night to consume apples and crackers. I think my voracious hunger might be due to the fact that I am still bfing my ds. Is this the case for any other bfing pregnant mommies?
I've had that too, I am permanently starving - I am also still BF ds2

Quote:

Originally Posted by athansor View Post
Well, it's official now, but there is some question about whether I'm a May or a June mom! So far, I'm feeling pretty good, a bit low on energy, but I'm trying to hang in there as I have a lot of major things happening between now and the end of November.
The only slightly sad thing is that I had found some designs and had gotten all set up to get some new ink, but I imagine that will have to wait.
LOL - I am also somewhere in between May and June, but I figured that I would rather be at the begining of June, that at the tail end of May and be the last one giving birth, specially if babe does arrive in June

kJad29 -
, so sorry AF showed up

#64 ·
YAY! Congrats new mamas-to-be!
Special congrats to Carolyn and Christy! So nice to see you ladies pregnant!

to kemi...the baby that is biding it's time to come to you must be very special indeed....

#65 ·
I'm starting to have moments of pretty intense nausea. I was sick for a good 5/6 weeks with both of my girls - so I'm taking it as a good sign of rising hormone levels! Breakfast chased it off this morning and RRL tea is my magic morning sickness potion. I just stocked up so I won't have to leave for school or teach a class without it. I'm still hoping to get to week 6 or 7 before it hits full force, but whatever happens happens! Having been in the ttc loop a lot longer this time has given me a different perspective on the aches and pains of pregnancy. Hope everyone else is feeling well - I do remember that around week 12/13 I started feeling amazing - so I know that's coming.

I'm only 4+ weeks - but are there any mamas here on #3 or more (this is my third)? I was in maternity clothes around 17 weeks with my 1st, about 13 weeks with my 2nd, so I was wondering what to expect this time around. Anyone? Plus, we'll be crossing over seasons this time, so I'm wondering if I should be hitting the major sales for next summer - but I have no idea how big I'm going to get (was bigger with 2 than with the 1st). I know it's WAY early to be thinking about all this - but I get excited and it's fun.

Namaste!

#66 ·
Kemi, I totally agree with what jillybeans wrote to you.

I had my second beta hcg test this morning and got the results in a few hours! My hcg is up to 102.5 from 40 just 48 hours ago, so it more than doubled. I'm relieved by these results - we're off to a good start - but am anxious for my u/s in a couple of weeks.

Yogamama, this will be our fourth child (but 7th pregnancy). With #1 I needed maternity clothes around 21 weeks. With #2 and #3, I needed them at 14 weeks. I may see about getting some summer maternity clothes on sale, but not until I see a nice, strong heartbeat in there (I don't need much as my #1 was born in June) but it's nice to have a couple of new things just so I don't hate my maternity clothes too much, lol!

As for how big I got, I ate like crazy with #2 (I was soooo hungry all the time) but my appetite wasn't as raging with #3 and so I gained 15 pounds less with him and I didn't get as big. I was definitely more comfortable at the end carrying #3 than #2.

#67 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by yogamama2 View Post
I'm starting to have moments of pretty intense nausea. I was sick for a good 5/6 weeks with both of my girls - so I'm taking it as a good sign of rising hormone levels! ......

Namaste!
Ugh on the morning sickness, must be awful. I haven't had any serious MS with my other 2 so am hoping to avoid it this time too. I am also wondering when to start looking at mat wear, as @ 5 weeks my clothes are already feeling uncomfortable, I cannot stand anything tight around my stomach. I just love RRL!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tulips11 View Post
I had my second beta hcg test this morning and got the results in a few hours! My hcg is up to 102.5 from 40 just 48 hours ago, so it more than doubled. I'm relieved by these results - we're off to a good start - but am anxious for my u/s in a couple of weeks........
YAY on the great beta #'s

Porridge brain has kicked in already, I cannot remember what else I wanted to say...

#68 ·
This is our third, so I'm interested to see when I start showing. I know with my second I needed maternity clothes a lot sooner than with my first. I'm overweight, though, so already if I put on a tighter-than-normal top I could look about 7 months pregnant.
:

My maternity clothes consist of a size-up in the Target plus-size section. Most of the regular maternity clothes are too tight in the arms. I could probably get away with not buying anything, but where's the fun in that?

My symptoms are totally different so far this time, so it's almost like being pregnant for the first time again. I'm wondering if that means it's a girl, since my other two are boys. I looked at the Chinese gender prediction thing and for both my boys, it says they should have been girls, and for this one, it says it should be a boy.

#69 ·
My pants are already tight....and I'll be 5 weeks tomorrow!! This is my 2nd child.....although it's my 8th pg.
I guess my uterus has had quite a workout!
I recently (this year) lost about 25 pounds, so my pants feel like they did before I started losing all the weight....although I haven't gained anything.

My big sign is being generally short of breath and SOOO tired. I get occasional bouts of nausea, etc., but nothing constant or heavy.

#70 ·
Hello all, I just found out I am expecting around June 10th! It is nice to have a "club" to belong to and talk with during this pregnancy- something I wished I would have had with the first two.

I am physically feeling pretty good, although it is pretty early. I have felt slightly nauseated when hungry, but not too bad. Definitely tired! I feel like I am lugging around a ton of bricks sometimes. The worst are my nipples. They are getting more and more sensitive as time goes by- I hope DS2 and I can manage to nurse the whole nine months.

On the topic of maternity clothes, I think I am going to go to Target and check out the summer stuff they have on sale. I have a bunch of maternity clothes, but they are for colder weather. I didn't need maternity clothes until about 7 months with DS2, so I highly doubt the clothes I have will get much use. Who knows though, my pants are already getting tight, but they are getting tight all over
Time to get back to regular exercise.

#71 ·

EDD June 10th too. So excited. We were just gearing up to TTC and tried once last month. Guess it stuck! The line was pretty faint, but it was there!!!

DS is still nursing and I am worried that I will lose my milk.

Anyone else planning a HB?

#73 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan'sMommy View Post

EDD June 10th too. So excited. We were just gearing up to TTC and tried once last month. Guess it stuck! The line was pretty faint, but it was there!!!

DS is still nursing and I am worried that I will lose my milk.

Anyone else planning a HB?
We are planning our 3rd homebirth

DS2 also still nurses and I am really hoping to keep going the whole 9mos, with the help of some herbs if need be - like oatstraw and nettles - nice nourishing herbs that don't affect your hormones, but definitely help.
my DS1's name is Dylan

#74 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieMarie View Post
We are planning our 3rd homebirth

DS2 also still nurses and I am really hoping to keep going the whole 9mos, with the help of some herbs if need be - like oatstraw and nettles - nice nourishing herbs that don't affect your hormones, but definitely help.
my DS1's name is Dylan

Oooh great. Do you have a link to any of those herbs? What about the mother's milk tea? Can I drink that? I can already notice a decrease... is that really bad? It usually goes down right around AF and then comes back up.

#75 ·
If you have a look at www.susunweed.com she has a lot if info in there, there is also a forum, with a section for the childbearing year, she also has a book specially for this. I am not sure what is in the mothers milk tea, but I have been avoiding alfalfa bec it increases prolactin - but have not read anywhere it should be avoided just something that I have done. Herbs like RRL, stinging nettles, oatstraw are very nourishing and I have read about them being good for both PG and BF, at this stage I am sticking with those, but will look into this further as the need arises and am happy to share here

#76 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieMarie View Post

Any nursing moms here? Specially anyone from "Nursing Mommies ttc in September"?
:
I'm here!!

I am so excited!!! After so long of trying it has finally happened - I almost can't believe it, still.

I am due on June 5th. I am not having too many pregnancy symptoms just yet. I have had a few nauseous moments, but they were fleeting. I have also had a few 'tender nipple' moments - also fleeting....But my pants are SOO TIGHT!! I can't believe it! I don't even think that I'm 5 weeks yet. Is this normal?? Honestly, I'll be in mat.. clothes in a week at this rate

The only problem with that is that most of my mat. clothes are on loan to my cousin. I don't think that I would have told her that I was pregnant as early as I'm going to have to now!

I went to a local mat. clothe store yeaterday and bought some summer stuff on sale. I was glad that I did; they had some great sales (and it was super fun). Hopefully it wasn't too premature.

As for telling people, I have told more people this time than I had with my other pregnancies at this point in time (parents, grandparents and siblings and best friends). We then felt that we had to tell our kids as we didn't want them to find out from someone else, or from overhearing. Needless to say they are very excited!

Just curious who you folks have told yet?

Also curious how everyone else is feeling.

And mostly, Hello!!! Nice to see some familar faces (names!!) here! Congratulations to everyone

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.