Mothering Forum banner

MAY 2007 It is October already

20K views 679 replies 47 participants last post by  BrooklynDoula 
#1 ·
I started a new thread for the first of the month can you believe it. Our babies are going to be 5 months old wow time has flied.

#380 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MSAX View Post
Those with facebook know that my baby is working on a "he with the most rolls win" strategy

I have not been approved yet for facebook but I did sign up this morning.

Oh my gosh Maggie has rolls and rolls of fat. She looks like the Michelin man especially her thighs and then add her big butt from the cd she is just down right adorable.

#381 ·
Okay what am I going to do?

I have taken a job working from home. The plan was for me to work before Maggie awoke. She has been up since 5:30 or so sigh. I am getting nothing done. She will not play, will not sleep all she wants to do is sit on my lap. I have to start the boys on school work soon too. SIGH.

#382 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mum4boys View Post
Okay what am I going to do?

I have taken a job working from home. The plan was for me to work before Maggie awoke. She has been up since 5:30 or so sigh. I am getting nothing done. She will not play, will not sleep all she wants to do is sit on my lap. I have to start the boys on school work soon too. SIGH.
I don't have any great solutions, but hugs and sympathy (or is it empathy if I'm going through the same thing - I can never remember). Our plan was for me to work before hubby left for work, but the school bus comes at 6:45 am and I just could not send my kids off at that time of the morning every day (it comes home at 4:45 every day and I couldn't do that either - they get out of school at 3 and 3:15) - anyway, so now hubby is taking them to school and staying in town to go to the Y, which is also a great thing. But it makes for very difficult working. I have determined that I MUST make a mei-tai for Sam today so that I can at least work with him on my lap - the Snugli sucks for that. I was working earlier with him tied to my lap with a sheet. He finally conked out a bit ago and now I'm trying to catch up - by posting on MDC
:. I'm a dork.

I get more than twice as much done in 2 hours at night than I do in 3 in the mornings.

#383 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFPookie View Post
I have determined that I MUST make a mei-tai for Sam today so that I can at least work with him on my lap - the Snugli sucks for that. I was working earlier with him tied to my lap with a sheet. He finally conked out a bit ago and now I'm trying to catch up - by posting on MDC
:. I'm a dork.

I get more than twice as much done in 2 hours at night than I do in 3 in the mornings.

That is a good idea.
Maggie loves my keyboard which is fine when I post in here and she is grabbing at my hands and keys. Its not the same level of concentration for when I work.

#384 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mum4boys View Post
That is a good idea.
Maggie loves my keyboard which is fine when I post in here and she is grabbing at my hands and keys. Its not the same level of concentration for when I work.
Yeah, the mei tai idea is a "better than nothing" solution - better I'm typing something slowly with his help than not typing anything at all. I should just move another hour to nights or work more nights (I'm only doing 3 now) but I really just don't wanna.

#386 ·
Hi! I can't remember if I posted back in May/June/July or was only lurking. But then I started traveling and working some and totally lost track. So here I am again!
Overall we are doing great. J is teething and I am not losing the weight the way I had hoped (you'd think that EBFing PLUS pumping 20+oz/day to donate would do something!) but otherwise we're in good shape.
All of our pictures are at ricosalice.shutterfly.com (PW- anya)

Anyway I read the first two pages then skipped to the last two...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krystal323 View Post
nak

okay one last thing

does anyone have/use a water mesh sling/pouch for the shower? claire's gettin pretty big for the sink, and maybe i could actually shower more often than on an as-need basis that way
??yathink

We have the GypsyMama water wrap. I've use it for showering with J since he was about 2wks old. Just remember not to use any shampoos, etc on yourself that you wouldn't use on the babe. He's had one sink bath, joined me in the tub twice, and had a few dozen showers with myself and/or DH. I would say he gets soaped up about 1x/wk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdtmom2be View Post
Anyone else here on facebook?? I'm thinking that might be an easy nice way to share pics and things? I'll start up an MDC May07 Moms group on there if there are others who want to participate.. I'll keep it private/invite only so our names and faces and kids aren't public.
Found it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
Anyone else's baby in a convertible carseat now? We switched DS a couple days ago.
We used the Blvd from the start. We had an infant seat available to borrow from a trusted friend but didn't need it. Despite being only 6lb8oz, J was 21" long and it is All in his torso. Like now at 26" (and 15lbs as of 9/19) many brands of 3-6 mo pants are still long on him but the 9 mo shirts are a little short.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
So now that we are in the roundabout, how can my lo sleep better? On our way home from the ped his head was hanging down.. and the seat does not recline. He likes it otherwise, but I feel bad for his little neck!
T?he seat should definitely be reclined. Not sure if all Britaz seats are the same, but on mine you have to reach under the seat and pull on this handle for it to flip back to reclined position.

Quote:

Originally Posted by theretohere View Post
I wear my nursing necklace every day, all day. DD is a twiddler.
We love ours too! I don't like the ones with beads all around (for myself) so I got one like this but with green stones-http://www.littlegemsonline.com/item...g-necklace.htm
Then I figured out how they tied the leather cord so I got some and made really simple ones myself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSAX View Post
SWAP THREAD:

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...51#post9470351

Come sign up

I'll go take a look.

#387 ·
Rico'sAlice~ Welcome Back Mama! Did you have your baby UC style in a hotel room or am I confusing you with someone else?
: Glad you are here!
:

I just started reading the most lushious book and I totally recommend it!

Eat.
Pray.
Love.

by Elizabeth Gilbert~
Soooooo juicy!

What's everyone else reading?

#388 ·
Hi ladies,

Thanks for all your kind words re: DH's job loss. It has been an emotional few days for us, but peaceful in a strange sort of way, too. And I feel closer to DH than ever. I guess anytime something big happens it causes you to really reflect on how much you care about the people you love.

I've had a nasty cold the last two days as well. Amazing how our bodies pick up on stress. I think it is going to bypass Iris...she's a little congested today, but in a great mood.

mum4boys, I think working at night is probably going to be your best bet. I had all these visions of myself being productive while wearing my perfectly content LO on myback...hasn't happened. During the day, *for me*, caring for DD is my work. At night, once she's asleep, that's when I can really focus more on what I need to do.

Since DH has been home these last few days, though, I've been super productive during the day, even with a cold!

Laura, I got the dipe last week and have been meaning to let you know and say thanks! I LOVE it.

Really looking forward to the swap,too. Great idea, Megan.

Peace, mamas. And thanks again for all the love...

#389 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by dancebaraka View Post
Rico'sAlice~ Welcome Back Mama! Did you have your baby UC style in a hotel room or am I confusing you with someone else?
:?
Not me. I wish! I did plan to UC (but at home) but after a few days transfered and then had a C-section eventually.
: Pretty much the opposite of everything we'd planned.

#390 ·
welcome back, alice!

and baraka, that book looks divine~ i have to admit, my reading has been limited these days. i have a stack of about 10 books next to my bed but i can only read about 2 pages before i fall asleep. here's what i've been reading...

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...e/100_1789.jpg

ezra had a WBV today & he doesn't weigh near what i thought. he's 27" long but only 17lbs 8oz. he has a few rolls but not as juicy as some of your babes! since we're not vaxing, i think that'll be the last time i take him in for a while. it's such a waste of time, really. i've only been going because we moved & it's a new pediatrician & i wanted to develop a relationship with them.

anyway, i joined facebook but that sight is way too confusing for me. is it meant just to show photos? the homepage is very busy. kim is a facebook queen & she makes fun of me for not "getting it." i'm just proud i can maneuver around MDC so well.

#391 ·
Quote:

:

I just started reading the most lushious book and I totally recommend it!

Eat.
Pray.
Love.

by Elizabeth Gilbert~
Soooooo juicy!

My SIL just got this passed from a friend and it comes to me next and then our other SIL. She says it is the best book and one that should be passed to a woman you love when you finish it. I ca't wait for her to finish!

#392 ·
9 people are signed up for the swap. I'll leave it open for a couple days to make sure other regulars can check it out and see if they want to join. Perhaps on Monday we can begin the swaping of addresses.

#393 ·
I was just playing with the little chubster all naked and sweet. He was giggling and smiling and we were having a lot of fun. I had just caught a pee and was feeling good. Then, with zero ques, he took a poop all over me - sweater, bra, pants all poo'ed!
My 5 year old thought this was both disgusting and histarical.

#396 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by koru View Post
anyone else's LO discovered the fake cough yet?...ya gotta love these babes!
Yes! I wasn't sure, but Elisabeth does it and then watches me and laughs! She sneezes(real) and laughs too. Prolly cuz I laugh when she sneezes and say, "Oooh Mommy's little sneezer!"

ETA: weird, I had no prob.

#397 ·
There's a min number of posts required before you can get to the trading post...

It says

Quote:
The Trading Post and its subforums are community service forums for members of MDC. You must meet the criteria of being a registered member for more than 60 days and have posted a minimum of 50 posts to the MDC boards before you may post to this forum and its subforums.

#398 ·
It look like both of you have the time and post numbers so PM a moderator to ask about getting access. It should just be that you never asked and the vBulliten software failed to give you access or some technical issue.

Let me know if you still can't get in after PMing a mod because then I will have to work out some way to include you!

#400 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rico'sAlice View Post
Hi! I can't remember if I posted back in May/June/July or was only lurking. But then I started traveling and working some and totally lost track. So here I am again
Welcome back!

Quote:

I am reading The China Study.. so far so good.

#401 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by laneysprout View Post
mum4boys, I think working at night is probably going to be your best bet. I had all these visions of myself being productive while wearing my perfectly content LO on myback...hasn't happened. During the day, *for me*, caring for DD is my work. At night, once she's asleep, that's when I can really focus more on what I need to do.
I am not a night person at all. That is why I get up at 4 am. But she wants me in bed with her, sigh. In all reality I need to work twice a day. I am doing divorce work and some of the things I get in the morning and have to be out the door that evening or out the computer...

#403 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rico'sAlice View Post
Not me. I wish! I did plan to UC (but at home) but after a few days transfered and then had a C-section eventually.
: Pretty much the opposite of everything we'd planned.
Welcome back!
I hope you are healed from the c-section. I know what a huge let down it is. My first c-section was unneccissary as all get out...but I was in hicksville my husband was in Desert Storm so its hard to fight the "man" being in labor if you kwim. Because of the screw ups with it, it led to me never being able to give natural birth and having 5 c-sections. Of course I have decided I am not going to dwell on that at alll, I have 5 awesome kids.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.