Mothering Forum banner

Do you have any freezer meals left?

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  stacyg 
#1 ·
I know I started out w/ a ton of meals, but I only have a few left, and I'm treating them like gold, and not wanting to waste them on a unimportant day

See less See more
#2 ·
We only had the ones our doula brought us and flew through them....saved em for sunday dinners but there were only 4....I would LOVE to have her pot pie tomorrow.....I told her I was only giving back her pan if she refilled it....She'll be here next week to visit so ya never know..

I never got around to making them for us....if I had, I'd be treating them like gold..

I made stuffed shells (frozen but very yummy) and sauce for dinner last night...easy peasy and everyone, even the super pickey I won't eat anything but fried chicken fingers bc that's what my mom give me at her house stepdaughter!!!!

#3 ·
I made a freezer full before the delivery. Then we had that terrible flood two weeks before I had our baby and we had to use many of them.
However, I was happy to have them because EVERYTHING was shut down in out town and it was great to have some good meals. I was completely out two weeks after our baby was here. So they have been long gone.

#5 ·
Well we've been blessed...my mom, mil and I stocked the freezer FULL about a month before the birth. We haven't even made a dent in it. A couple of friends brought meals the first week, the second week my mom was here and made all fresh stuff. Now my mil is here and she's made all fresh stuff. Also both mom and mil froze more stuff...we are all set. I wish we lived closer I'd share!

#9 ·
Freezer meals...what is this genius idea? ah too late...already had the baby and no meals are in sight!

I currently am at a hotel for 10 days. (work related travel) Does room service count? I have been indulging in room service breakfast more frequently than anticipated!

#10 ·
The stand-up freezer in the basement is completely full. And I am starving to death up here.

We think DS has a dairy intolerance, so I'm off it, cold turkey. Everything in the freezer contains at least a tiny bit of butter (or cheese, or cream). So it's all off-limits.

It's The Big Suck! I was so damn proud of myself for filling the freezer to the brim with super-yummy, super-homemade, quick-to-cook meals.

Ah well. I will be re-introducing some items in a few weeks, to see if he can tolerate at least soups that started out with something sautéed in butter.

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ATD_Mom View Post
The stand-up freezer in the basement is completely full. And I am starving to death up here.

We think DS has a dairy intolerance, so I'm off it, cold turkey. Everything in the freezer contains at least a tiny bit of butter (or cheese, or cream). So it's all off-limits.

It's The Big Suck! I was so damn proud of myself for filling the freezer to the brim with super-yummy, super-homemade, quick-to-cook meals.

Ah well. I will be re-introducing some items in a few weeks, to see if he can tolerate at least soups that started out with something sautéed in butter.
I wanted to ask how things were going. Is his baby acne better? You think the dairy made it worse?

#12 ·
Oh yes, thanks asking, and for reminding me! I updated my thread in the Life With a Babe Forum. Yes, he looks sooo much better. I can't believe he was ever as bad as those original photos. I do think it was the dairy, because besides the acne now looking like normal baby acne, he also doesn't have the horribly painful nighttime gas, either. Life off the cow is good for us!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.