Mothering Forum banner

June bellies in bloom

54K views 339 replies 68 participants last post by  kawa kamuri 
#1 ·
14w2d

Photo231.jpg

See less See more
#3 ·
haha there's no point in even taking a picture for me yet. still flat as ever. i don't think i'll start showing until 20 weeks-ish...and this is my second pregnancy. i'm really skinny so it takes a while for things to get beyond 'oh you're starting to look like a normal weight again'.
you look fabulous though kawa kamuri!!

#8 ·
Thank you Kawa! I decided to start doing the silhouette series after my 14th week and I only wish I'd thought to start earlier. :( I hope to have a complete series at the end of pregnancy! Believe it or not I'm actually taking those pictures with nothing more than a desk lamp pointed against a corner of my room. :) You can do your own as long as you have a camera with a function allowing you to manually set (and measure) exposure, which most P&S' have nowadays.

Take a lamp and point it at a wall, or a corner, aim it at a point at the wall equal to the distance half-way up your body.

If it's a DSLR set camera to f5.6 and focus on a point six feet away, then set the focus to stay (switch to manual). Everything within six feet of the lens will be in focus.

If it's a point and shoot set to the lowest F stop you can.

Mount camera on a tripod about 4-5 feet from the wall with the lens at chest-level (NOT belly level).

Read and set your camera's exposure for the brightest point at the wall, then add about 2/3 of a stop (this will blow out the whole back wall and give a little light wrap to your body).

Stand about 1.5-2ft away from the wall, and set a timer to shoot.

Practice until perfect. :)

#10 ·
Spin you're super cute. :)

Is there a way we can officialize this thread and sticky it to the top of the page?? I'd love to see a belly thread stay permanent like in the May DDC. :)

#11 ·
I agree that you're super cute and I love your belly! I wish I could remember what mine looked like the first time but my oldest is about to turn sixteen so I just can't recall.

Thanks so much for the pro tips, Babs! That was really sweet of you. I'm sure my camera can handle the job
smile.gif
The above was just snapped quickly with my Macbook. I don't usually start taking them until 15w and then at least once a week from that point. I often feel gigantic and awkward and sometimes not very pretty throughout my pregnancies so it really helps me to photograph the changes in flattering ways.

#12 ·
Thank you both! :D

That's a really good idea. I'm struggling with weird vain feelings I never thought I'd have. I finally got a new memory card for my point and shoot, maybe I'll try something fancy over the few weeks to make me feel a little better about the change.

#18 ·
okay, your beautiful photos inspired me! you ladies all look amazing! i'm just shy of 13 weeks with my first. I don't have much of a belly yet (i can't believe the range!), but it's starting...

12w5d.jpg

#21 ·
So sweet! There is a huge variation! Wow! I'm there la mamita....no bump. It'll be a while until I have a belly pic I'm sure. This was me, last pregnancy at 16 weeks with twins. I'm the one usually wearing my own jeans to the 20w scan.

la mamita--are you tall? retroverted uterus? That's always what I've attributed my late blooming belly to, but I dunno if it's true or not!

#23 ·
Quote:
la mamita--are you tall? retroverted uterus? That's always what I've attributed my late blooming belly to, but I dunno if it's true or not!
nope, not tall at all and uterus is normal. it's honestly just because i'm so skinny. my uterus has to get pretty big to actually push out enough to be seen. i'm normally really petite but i also started this pregnancy after having back to back stomach illnesses & another first trimester (m/c) so my weight was already below my normal point. i guess it's been enough time since my last pregnancy, 5+ years, so my stomach muscles had healed.

either way i'm enjoying looking at everyone else! and i don't mind not showing yet because i can still sleep on my stomach
smile.gif

#26 ·
YAY!!! Barefoot you look just like me! :)...I'm 16 weeks tomorrow and I'm barely showing yet, so it's nice to have company.

Teapot, very very cool pics. I'll be playing around w/ my point and shoot a lot in the coming weeks.

Thanks so much for sharing everyone! ...I'll wait until I have more to show.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.