Mothering Forum banner

March Chat ****** IT'S OUR BIRTH MONTH!!! *******

13K views 388 replies 36 participants last post by  kaPOW! 
#1 ·
It's our birth month!!!!
joy.gif
joy.gif
joy.gif
joy.gif
joy.gif
joy.gif
joy.gif
joy.gif
joy.gif
joy.gif

Who's going to be next????

See less See more
#2 ·
Yay March!!! I definitely won't be next, but can't wait to see who is :).

Lyss- So sorry to hear about your crappy appt. :hug I had a vbac with my second baby and I totally think you are right in listening to your instincts. You know way more about YOUR body than your dr. does. Stay home AS LONG AS YOU CAN!! Your mama instincts will let you know when it is time to go in.

afm, not much new, still have a bunch of things I want to check off my list before baby comes, but am under no illusions that I will actually check off everything. I would like to at least get the car seat out of the basement... I feel like I am on an energy roller coaster- one day I'll have a ton of energy and be super productive and the next I'll be a total stain on the couch. oh well, as long as I have a few more good days before baby comes I'll be good.

Can't wait to see some actual baby news!

#3 ·
And the check-ins have begun...I received a long-distance phone call from my sister this morning, and from my mother this afternoon. I assured my mom she will be the first to know! LOL I walked into the school office yesterday and the three ladies in there are all, "No babies yet?"

I do think Baby A dropped a little. I'm feeling a lot more pressure.

#4 ·
Thanks, RunnerMommy. Hahaha, I hear you about the productive vs. "stain on the couch". Can I use that? Go get your carseat!!

MLM, you poor thing. You are probably going to have the fastest labor in the history of the world. What gestations have you got to before? I'm so sorry people feel the need to check in. If I hear one more fool tell me I have dropped, I'm going to spit. I haven't. It's just my fat pouch hanging down below mah belleh. :)

Jessica, my money's still on MLM. By the end of the day, maybe? Thanks for starting the thread.

I had big plans for the 2.5 hours I'm home alone while DD & DS are both at school, but it's drawing to a close so I'm going to forget feeding the freezer and go with Hypnobabies!

#6 ·
Lyss- I agree. MLM is going to deliver those little monkeys soon! HA HA HA!!!

MLM- My favorite is the feigned "casual" chat phone calls. "oh...just calling to see how you're doing today...."
shy.gif

RunnerMommy- I know what you mean about losing hope for accomplishing your entire list. I've come to the point where I'm just prioritizing my tasks and taking it from there.

Yesterday I got a bit done filling my freezer. I pre-cooked some ground beef, made a bunch of turkey meatballs & divided up a pork loin into meal-size portions to freeze. This weekend I'm going to make a batch of sweet & sour pork & rice to freeze. I also snuck home between work and my OB appt (while the kids weren't there) and cleaned/swept/mopped about half of our downstairs. Once our living room is clean, I'll feel comfortable with the idea of people coming into our house (and then it'll be time to tackle the 2nd floor where the bedrooms are. ugh)

#7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyss View Post

MLM, you poor thing. You are probably going to have the fastest labor in the history of the world. What gestations have you got to before? I'm so sorry people feel the need to check in. If I hear one more fool tell me I have dropped, I'm going to spit. I haven't. It's just my fat pouch hanging down below mah belleh. :)
Gestations, the quick version: #1-induced on due date, #2-42w, #3-42w, #4-42w, #5-40w and a couple days, #6-41w. So, it's really hard to say if the twins will come soon, or I'll just be hanging out at 4 for a few more weeks. The plan is, since the midwives are checking dilation, if I hit 5-6cm and baby is low, we'll strip or rupture. Everyone's a little nervous about me having a unattended twin birth, though it doesn't really worry me much. I do want my husband around, though. ;) We had #4 planned unassisted.

I think I'll put my money on Katroshka or Forest~Mama.

#8 ·
Aleyna- I know what you mean. I went through a period where I was convinced that this time it would happen early. Now, I can't imagine anything happening before my due date. I'm actually REALLY hoping that I do deliver right on my due date. It's the full moon and I just think that would be cool. :)

#10 ·
well, I should have my car out of the shop this afternoon or tomorrow. it looks like the coolant hasn't been changed at all in the life of the car (it's a 2000) and there was a slow leak that let air in, which caused major corrosion. they're splitting labor costs with us, but the repair is still costing way more than I want to sink on this car. I really wish we were in the position to buy a new car right now.

DF stayed home from school sick today, and had a friend text to ask if I had the baby

#11 ·
I'm not sure I'll be next or not
smile.gif
I did come here to ask about pelvic floor pressure. Today I'm feeling it for the first time. It feels kind of like I need to push or have a bm (tmi). It kind of feels like I'm pushing a little non stop. I'm guessing baby must have moved down but it didn't feel like this with DD1. I'm not looking forward to walking around and going to work like this. Hopefully it won't be much longer.

#12 ·
Been having a big nesting urge today, I've done a lot of laundry, sweeping, cleaned the kitchen entirely, and started trying to straighten up our room. I would love to believe it's because labor is imminent, but may be wishful thinking.

Marissamom- so sorry about your car troubles, that is so lame.

MLM- thanks for the vote of confidence!!!

If I'm still preggers by Friday I will definitely be getting my membranes swept, hopefully that will do the trick. Has anyone else done that? My best friend had it done when she was overdue with her third and labor started right away, like IN the midwife's exam room. But I have read that several studies show it to be ineffective (though completely safe), so who knows. I'm willing to give it a shot.

#13 ·
It has been completely ineffective with the two pregnancies I tried BUT with each one there is fresh hope. I have a 40 + 2 day appointment tomorrow and I will see if I'm a good candidate. There needs to be some cervical change, dilation, effacement in order for it to be effective.

#14 ·
I feel like my chance of having my homebirth is going to go down every day from this point. I have an anterior placenta, and I'm pretty sure DS has a really short umbilical cord (DD's was only about a foot), he doesn't seem to be able to turn all the way to LOA (more LOT) and I don't know if I can get his head out if he's posterior (he seems to have a bigger than average head, and I have an average pelvis), and if he gets much bigger it feels like the cord won't reach around him to allow anything other than posterior.

#15 ·
Marissa- my first was OP with a short cord and I had a HB. Will your midwives not attend a birth like this or do you not want to attempt it at home?

Anyone have anything to say about the pelvic floor stuff? Baby is abnormally active this afternoon and the pressure down there is crazy!

#16 ·
Marissamom - I have short cord babies, too, but probably longer than a foot. Maybe not by much. It's never been a problem for birthing. As far as your son's head, remember it's not going to get much bigger at this point. Any weight he gains will be in pudge, not head circumference. :) Try and stay positive! LOA is great, but some babies/mama's pelvis do well with ROA, too. I like hands and knees, like leaning over the birth ball, for encouraging good positions.

Membrane stipping - I did it myself with our unassisted birth. I'd hit 42w and was nervous about continuing without a care provider. I went into labor that night after stipping. BUT, at that point, the probability of my going into labor anyway was pretty high so really it's tough to say if it was effective. I have heard from some midwives that the best way to do it is to do a good stretch and sweep and hold the cervix open through a couple contractions, also putting a bunch of EPO capsules in under the cervix at the same time. It's going to be uncomfortable to do it that way, but if you are serious about doing it, then you should do it well. ;) I'd probably go home and do some nipple stim or something following and see if the combo works.

#17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest~mama View Post

Anyone have anything to say about the pelvic floor stuff? Baby is abnormally active this afternoon and the pressure down there is crazy!
Hard to say. Have you noticed increased mucus or show? It's not fun feeling like you're walking around with a bowling ball between your legs.

#18 ·
So. Much. To. Do. ;)

it's exciting to read that many of you feel close, thought I'm sorry for those who are especially uncomfortable. I wish I felt more ready! My to-do list is a mile long.

My husband is still away snowboarding. I can't wait until he returns on Thursday morning. Then I'm going to put him (and me) to work!!

#19 ·
Quote:

Marissa- my first was OP with a short cord and I had a HB. Will your midwives not attend a birth like this or do you not want to attempt it at home?
it's more that I'm afraid I'll be transfered for a c-section if he's posterior. I'm worried he won't fit to descend in if he's posterior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylilmonkeys View Post

Marissamom - I have short cord babies, too, but probably longer than a foot. Maybe not by much. It's never been a problem for birthing. As far as your son's head, remember it's not going to get much bigger at this point. Any weight he gains will be in pudge, not head circumference. :) Try and stay positive! LOA is great, but some babies/mama's pelvis do well with ROA, too. I like hands and knees, like leaning over the birth ball, for encouraging good positions.
I know at this point he's pretty much gaining pudge, but since the cord already seems to be pulled tight around him, if he gets much pudgier I'm afraid it won't reach around him to be anything but posterior. really I just don't want him posterior. I feel like right now my chance of transfer for a c-section is almost nil, but it becomes a lot greater if he's posterior and can't rotate because his cord is so short it won't reach around him. mostly it's the fact that I just got him LOA, and I want to go into labor before he has a chance to go LOP, OP, or ROP again (that's how he had been hanging out for several weeks).

#20 ·
Still no more babies! Someone mentioned a couple people gave birth per FB. Who?

I'm so tired of people asking me how I *am*. I'm only 37w5d.

I walked around our local park today - at least 1km - and did a lot of sand walking to break up my kids, who have gone crazy. They are so aggressive right now. I know it's stressful for them, but every day just about is leaving me in tears at this point. I did get some relief hacking a frozen chicken into pieces, though. :)

I CANNOT BELIEVE you stripped your own membranes, MLM. If men had that kind of flexibility, they would give themselves bjs! Crazy!

Katroshka and Forestmama, hope you are teetering on the edge. I'm excited for you!

#22 ·
It's not the bowling ball feeling really- I had that with DD1. It's a little different than that. In any case I've had some major changes today and I'm having some stronger contrax tonight. Not thinking anything of it because I want to sleep tonight and if I dwell I won't. It could still be many days but I don't think I'll work past tomorrow or Thursday. If the baby takes another 2 weeks I'll be bummed to have wasted my leave but I can't really make $ this month because of insurance anyway.

#24 ·
Quote:

It's not the bowling ball feeling really- I had that with DD1. It's a little different than that. In any case I've had some major changes today and I'm having some stronger contrax tonight. Not thinking anything of it because I want to sleep tonight and if I dwell I won't. It could still be many days but I don't think I'll work past tomorrow or Thursday. If the baby takes another 2 weeks I'll be bummed to have wasted my leave but I can't really make $ this month because of insurance anyway.
I hope it's soon for you!! I'd hate to have to worry about leave time. It's bad enough worrying about dh's vacation time he'll be using for paternity.

#25 ·
still got a baby in the belly here.

ds1 is so excited that it is March now... he wants the baby to get here soon and says it will come in the night... who know we'll see...

I'm loving messing with people right now. Cause my orignal duedate is thursday. so many people keep asking if it is soon... so I laugh and tell them I could have the baby right now... oh the looks some people give me....

Forest Mama... hate to disappoint you but if pelvic pressure meant that the baby was coming mine should have fallen out a few weeks ago. I have major pressure in my pelvic and but... actually have some hemerroids developed from all the pressure ( which is new for me)

I'm kinda hoping the baby hold out until tomorrow night, but who knows... i'm getting so impatient

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.