Mothering Forum banner

Cleaning 1-10

2K views 50 replies 14 participants last post by  lucifugous 
#1 ·
I remember awhile ago someone started a thread where the person above you assigned a number 1-10 and you had to clean for that many minutes. I got so much done that night lol. If anyone wants to do this with me I'd love you forever.

6 minutes

#4 ·
ok I didn't time it this time, but about three minutes... still have more folding/ picking up to do but that little spurt was much more helpful than I would have thought. DD needs to go to bed and then there are several things that need a good 1-10 minutes of attention, lol.

#12 ·
Three minutes, I'm setting a timer on this one, LoL, let's see how much I can get vacuumed! I emptied the canister when I took out the trash earlier, the place is finally all picked up, etc. so this is the perfect time. Why wait until after bedtime when I can probably go over what really needs it and zoom thru the bedroom real quick too?! (I have a pretty small place!)

ETA: almost forgot :p six minutes

#14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutterwarrior View Post

OK just spent 6 minutes cleaning the shower.

8 minutes.
Can I veer off course a little bit and ask how you cleaned the shower in only 6 minutes? The tub and walls are one of my most hated chores. I feel it takes me too long so I put it off alot. The walls are what I'm most concerned about. I'm wondering if a squeegee would be the quickest way to clean them.

If I remember when I get home from work tonite, I will look this thread up and participate.

#16 ·
sweetjasmine- Maybe the idea is, do the best job you can in 6 minutes! You could do the good 20 or 30 minute clean next time that chore comes around, or the point could be shorter but more frequent attention paid to the area. Of course for some things this doesn't work so well - like the laundry I partially/ repeatedly refolded that DD had a very fun time throwing around each time since it wasn't put away! But eventually if your shower is getting attention almost every day six minutes would do it, right?? If it's in a sad state now, maybe just spend five minutes scrubbing one wall and then rinse and come back to it for another six minutes later or tomorrow!

Follow-up on my timed three minute vacuum: I couldn't even believe it- I moved lightning fast & got what really *needed* to be vacuumed in about TWO minutes! Used that third minute to swing back thru the high-traffic areas. Yes I will probably do the thorough (15-20 minutes in my small place, including moving some stuff around) vacuuming next time I bother to pull the thing out, but never again will I hesitate to do just three to five minutes of vacuuming if that's all the time I have, it seriously makes 90% of the difference that the longer vacuuming session would have made!!!

Eight is my favorite number! Time to finally give the kitchen (eight minutes worth of) that big wipedown it so desperately needs!!!

Your challenge: TWO minutes!

#17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifugous View Post

But eventually if your shower is getting attention almost every day six minutes would do it, right??
That's exactly right... although a six minute clean is not a deep clean, it is enough to give it a quick spruce up.

Sweetjasmine, it's always been one of my most hated jobs too, and I couldn't work out how to get the mould off....but I have now found a way of getting the mould off the tiles, I use washing up detergent! And I use a scrubbing brush. Then I get the shower hose and rinse it all off. It actually works really well.

#25 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey693 View Post

I picked up the living room for 7.

1 (I really want to see how fast you guys clean lol)
Maybe it'd be helpful to know DH grilled most of our dinner outside...
winky.gif
I had two pans to clean, plus their lids, a sharp knife, and glass cutting board. DD had four plates, three forks, one butter knife, serving utensils, grilling tongs, and a glass. DH had a dozen or less small items to put away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.