or Connect

Posts by Leisha

LMAO! (and "Ew!" )Dito... so I answered no big deal
I just HAD to come and see what this thread was about I agree! Maybe they weren't *used* but just had been in the wardrobe for a long long time...
Thanks for keeping us updated. To me it sounds like you're doing good. I'm rooting for you & your dd & the rest of your family, hope she slows down soon
You know, I think Calvin is really cool (ok, I really love Calvin&Hobbes )... and maybe it wouldn't be too weird even if you're Calvinists? I mean I obviously don't know how often, for example, you mention "Calvin" in relation to your religion, or if the historic Calvin is an important person within the religion today (I mean are celebrations given in his honor or something) or anything, I'm really ignorant about calvinism so it's hard for me to get a picture of how...
Just to throw a few more in the mix: Matthias Foster or Forrester Gideon Seamus (i like the nickname Shay) Elton or Alton Anton I really like Griffin! I'm going to keep that (and this whole thread actually) in mind in case we ever have a boy...
You could also use Finnegan, Finnbarr, Finley/Findlay, Finian, or some other form and then use Finn as a nickname...
Yeah that's how i'd pronounce it, Fi-unn or something (or maybe like Ian with an F in front of it).. I have a cd with traditional Irish legends that came free with a newspaper we got when we were visiting the in-laws in Ireland last summer... there's a story about a Fionn on it, I should have a listen to it to see how they pronounce it! I quite like most of the pronounciations of it anyway, lol.
I love my mom, we have a great relationship right now. She is a wise, kind, generous person and I get along with her very well. I hope to be the kind of mother she is. Patient, silly, wise, trusting, trustworthy (I can honestly say she has never, ever broken my trust). I see or at least hear her almost every day. edit: we share a lot of our views on parenting, like extended bf'ing, no CIO etc so that's nice too. edit: this was a much longer post but I took most of the...
O my, Ginger Bean, I just laughed until I cried ("I burped, and it tasted like pears" )!! OT: That quote from that woman that was so proud she managed to "break" her kids is just.. wow i would maybe say something like "letting my dd cry would just stress me out more so I didn't do CIO, and it turns out it was just a phase an exhausting one, but it passed" just letting her know that it's ok to NOT do CIO because I agree with PP's saying that a lot of parents probably...
(crashing from new posts but I love name threads ) I love you daughter's name. I think Mason would go well with it (but you already considered that name). A pp mentioned Rhys, I like that, but yeah it's Welsh isn't it. What about Milo? I really like that name. If we ever had a boy I would love to use it but my DP's last name is very typically Irish and starts with O' so that wouldn't flow wel I think) I also lovelovelove Aidan but it's gotten so popular and than there's...