or Connect

Posts by christamom

Hi abimommy, I haven't seen the movie, so I'm not sure if the movie and the movement are the same thing. Could you elaborate on what information was incorrect? From what I had seen/ read, they didn't touch too much on religion, they did say that they thought it was Important to be tolerant of religious, cultural, and background differences.
I just learned about this movement that only recently started in 2007 and is occurring worldwide. They have a you tube video in response to the Gulf oil spill. They have some awesome ideas on how to make a world of sustainability a reality. I thought it was so exciting and hopeful to see some fresh ideas that are not just about money and greed, but a world that embodies the virtues that many of the world's religions teach. Anyone seen this? Opinions? I'm not able to...
I know this discussion was started a while ago, but i just found out about the Zeitgeist movement/ Venus project and it's just about the coolest thing I've ever heard of. I really like your post explaining some of your ideas about it and I feel the same way. I just wish there were a good way to get the word put. I saw their you tube video on their response to the oil spill in The Gulf which led me to check them...
I have been doing a lot of reading on here and not that much typing/writing. I need help from some of you really smart people on here....please!!! My 3 year old daughter has had chronic constipation and blood in her stools since she started solids at 6 months. Soon after, we stopped vaccinations and started doing elimination diets. She was very skinny, having yeast infections/thrush. We have kept the severe constipation under control by a daily dose of either Magnesium...
We are working on trying to heal our guts and recently bought xylitol to help reduce our sugar intake. We already do raw honey and maple syrup, but I was hoping this would be even better. Well, it gives my 3 year old DD diarrhea. Can anyone tell me why? I've read that sugar alcohols can do that in some people, but I don't understand the cause. My DD has had constipation issues since 6 months old, so something that helps her go is usually a welcomed thing...but I don't want...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mammo2Sammo Check out the histamine threads. It does sound like something is going on with you, and histamine might be a piece of your puzzle. We are also discussing it on the chat thread. I read through some of the other histamine threads. This is new to me and a little overwhelming. Where to start? It seems like a lot of people get tested for vitamin defeciencies. Any good sites with info.?
Quote: Originally Posted by Mammo2Sammo I agree with ASusan. You might be able to do things to reduce any unseen reactions you might be having. Many of us here (especially me) have come to realize that some of the baby's reactions are our own reactions (histamine, sals, etc). You can target supplements to help your own reactions, magnesium and vitamin C are the easiest ones. This is really interesting. I have had my body do some weird...
Quote: Originally Posted by ASusan I've often wondered this. My first thought is that once the milk is made, you can't unmake it or cleanse it. So, anything that is currently in the ducts will be transferred to your LO unless you pump and dump. As a logical extension to this, anything circulating in your bloodstream has the potential to be put into the milk OR the possibility of being taken out of circulation by the liver or kidneys. So, anything to...
When you've eaten an offending food (such as dairy), is there any way to get the milk proteins out of your breast milk faster. Say, drinking a lot of water, gentle colon cleansing (i.e. eating a lot of apples) or any herbs? I did a trial for a couple days where I had milk, for the first time since my son was born. Now he's miserable, and has had diarrhea for a week. The poor guy. I suspected dairy being a problem from the beginning (b/c my daughter also had issues w/...
I had the runs, then got bloody show this evening around 10:45 pm. Shortly after contractions started and I can not lie down or sleep through them. They aren't coming at timeable intervals yet, but I think this is it!! UPDATE!! August Landon was born at 5:56am July 26 at home in the water. It was an intense hard labor, but we are doing wonderfully! 7 lbs. 12 oz. and 20 inches long.