or Connect

Posts by piratemere

Both my DS's have worn amber necklaces since they were about 3 months old. I've got nothing to compare it too, but I hardly even noticed DS1 teething. I have never worried about it choking him. My sister has broken two by pulling on them, so they will break if any serious stress is put on them. FYI, I wear amber for back pain and LOVE it!!! My dad sells them at his dental office for dental pain. I seriously think amber is a miracle! I've got a coupon code for 15%...
Hey all, My family and I are moving to Spokane in January for four months, but potentially long term. My husband will be doing an externship at the county prosecutors office down town. My family owns a cabin in Sandpoint, so I've been to Spokane for shopping lots, but don't know much about the community. I love the area and am really excited, but need some practical advice. We are looking on Craigslist for housing. Any suggestions about where to live (or maybe, more...
I'm moving to Spokane from Michigan in January. This group sounds interesting. If you have any more info on it, I'd love to have it.
Quote: Originally Posted by Andel We're in Canada. It took me a month and a half to name my last daughter too, but she was born at home and there wasn't a lot of pressure. This baby was born in the hospital and they wanted all the forms filled out before we left. I think we just left the name blank. We're from Canada too. My mom took almost three months to name my baby sister (her 8th child.) The only rule is that you have to register...
It will get better, I promise. With my section, 2 weeks and 6 weeks were like magic numbers. At two weeks I finally felt like getting out of bed. I could roll over by myself, I could lift my little Eli, I could walk to the kitchen to feed myself. At six weeks I could walk up the stairs without holding my stomach in pain, I could laugh without crying. Don't worry, it takes time to heal. I guess my advice would be to take advantage of the chance you have to be waited...
I think we can find it somewhere in our hearts to forgive you... are you kidding me!!! You had a c-section, and were in the NICU! Thanks so much for all the work you have done already, let alone worrying about getting it updated since you've had your baby. I love checking out the STATS chart. I'm sure we all understand if you don't update it at all, never mind when you've been at the hospital, having a baby! Enjoy your baby moon, Momma, and don't worry about us if you...
The midwife saw us at 5 days and 6 weeks. We don't vaccinate, so he won't see a doctor again until there is a need, when he gets sick. He's eating well, and growing lots, so I see no reason to bring him to a doctor to tell me just that. DS1, who is 2 1/2, has only seen a doctor once since he was born, when I needed a prescription for a nasty rash I couldn't get rid of. Of course, all they would give me was cortisone, so I never even used it!
I've got a Cuddly Wrap (pretty much the same as the Moby) and I love it. I wore DS1 in it until he was about 8 months old, then bought an Ergo, and switched. I will probably switch a little sooner (he was well over 20 lbs when I stopped using the Cuddly) but I love to put DS2 in it now. One thing I don't like is that I can't BF in it. I have to undo the whole thing just to nurse him. If I need to nurse on the go I throw him in a ring sling, which I can adjust just...
DS1 was 6 lbs 4 oz at birth, and 8 lbs 8 oz at day 12. DS2 was 8 lbs 1 oz at birth, and still 8 lbs at our 5 day visit, but almost 11 lbs at our 2 week visit. They are both exclusively breastfed, on demand.
Quote: Originally Posted by completebeginnings I let my babies sleep on their stomach if they find it more comfortable since they don't have other risk factors for SIDS and I cosleep. Other risk factors include: medicated birth, vaccinated, 2nd hand smoke etc. I agree with this position. DS1 slept so much better on his tummy, and DS2 is the same. The only time DS2 doesn't sleep on his tummy is after a night nursing when he just falls back...