or Connect

Posts by SuzyLee

First of all, rereading, it should say DS(4) as in age 4, not my 4th DS :)   Thank you so much for the response.  Very helpful!  Do you know anything about Newark?  It seems appealing bc it is so close to Granville, but I am more of a city person, so it might be a bit too rural.     The location of Clintonville seems so nice!  Very centrally located and right near the U.  But I wonder what the commute would be.   What is traffic like in general in...
Any Columbus area mamas?   DH has a job offer coming in Columbus.  He is from Cleveland (as are my IL's yay for me!) but hasn't lived in OH for 20 years so really, we are both going in blind.  Assuming the offer comes, we are pretty much 100% sure we will take it and move from MN.   Now, here is an airing of my concerns, if anyone has thoughts on them!   1.  The job will be in Granville, which I guess is like a 30 min drive outside of Columbus?  So we are...
DS has global developmental delays.  Typically he can handle grocery store situations fine.  One time though, we had a little incident with the kiddie cart, so I went and put it away.   The ENTIRE rest of the shopping trip, he followed me around screaming "But I WANT the little boy cart!....  But I WANT the little boy cart".  All my efforts to explain and calm him down were useless, so I gave up and just got the shopping done while he wailed.     No fewer than 5...
I am somewhere in the middle. I think the bigger factor for me is age/experience. I guess I like grandmotherly birth attendants and those tend to have had children! When I had my first (hospital CNm practice) it was really important to me that my care providers had breastfed. Don't really know why.... Since I ended up going to a clc when I had trouble, lol. I can say that I wouldn't hire a male birth attendant. I am just not comfortable with that, and if I am going to...
20 to a neighbor, aquantaince from church, etc. 50 for a closer family/friend. Probably 100 for my neice or nephew. In my circle (when I was in high school) everyone used their grad money to pay for their computer for college. The year I graduated a group of moms agreed not to get all of each others kids gifts bc it would add up quick and it was like exchanging money anyway
How much financial difference would it make if you got a part timejob (and put the kids in school)? Could you save enough to make a move more doable? I wouldn't move given the current financial uncertainty given your husbands age. But you could certainly work towards it. Honestly my first thought was to put thekids in school and you get a job :/. Give it a year then reevaluate.
Hugs, it is tough. My sil is a total mooch. After about 4 YEARS of me not putting up with the whining, my mil finally stopped complaining to me. Everytime she started I said "she (sil) is an adult I am sure she can figure it out". Or "so when is our 1000$ check coming in the mail" if I was feeling really witchy. Anyway, I'd probably just ignore the inlaws in my situation- I don't really care for them so if they want to ignore me? Fine! But I know that doesn't work for...
We have a water-only foogo get mold. Now it did sit in the garage for 4 months lol. The problem isn't the mold though- it's that with the plastic and metal parts, you can't get the mold scrubbed out of the cracks and joints. We love the KKs bc you can switch up the spouts. Everyone in the fam has them in various sizes. If a lid gets broken or lost I just grab another lid from the cupboard. I fond them easy to clean in the dishwasher and I have bought neoprene covers from...
Yah I'd just agree with you dh that you are going to see them for dinner or and afternoon at the park, or whatever (totally) supervised!) once a month or so. And then the rest of the time just ignore/detatch/say no.
I often tell my 3 yr old that either he can put it away, or I will put it away in the trash. Works great bc either way it gets off the floor!