or Connect

Posts by mrforbes

I honestly don't think anything is wrong. As the PP said, each one can be different - this is my second as well and this baby is definately different in utero movement wise than DS. I know he's moving enough and doing just fine. His movements are just different than DS (who spent a couple of months bruising my ribs) I just chalk it up to the fact they are different people and it makes me excited to meet him
TEAM BLUE!! Saw the little guy this morning - he did his darndest to sleep through the whole thing like his brother did...so of course they couldn't see his heart as clearly as they wanted because his arms were folded in front of it so we do have to go back for another look in a while, but I know everything is ok. He sounded great and everything else is good.
DS was 9 lbs 10 oz and was officially "LGA" which is large for gestational age, I never measured large, he just did on the inside. No problems, had a homebirth w/no tearing. 'Big' is relative and I think there is a fear of bigger babies but honestly, so many people have small babies and no body makes a big deal about people having small babies so I don't know what the big deal is really. My midwife, doula and family pretty much expect another 'big' baby - I, especially...
Yeah since Milkshare is private you can donate once, whenever yr freezer gets full or on a more regular basis. It's essentially a private yahoo group w/moderators so you post when you have milk, where you are, info, willing to ship, if you want a pick up etc. and then people looking for milk who are in the group contact you and then make arrangements from there. We had donors on a regular basis who were local sometimes, we also got a lot of freezer too full donations....
I'm 26 and will be when this baby is born, it's #2 for me. I had DS at 24, got married at 25 and now we're on #2. In my area I am def. one of the youngest moms, especially for my second pregnancy. I remember when I first went to a baby music class w/DS, people were confused if I was his mom for a while (he esp. looked just like his dad when younger) I have a few mom friends who are closer in age here, but I'm still the youngest by at least a couple of years. My...
I planned on donating w/DS but it didn't work out, this time I'm hoping to again. Instead I ended up using donated milk for DS until he was 16 months. Donating to milk banks is such an awesome thing but there are a lot of qualifiers and they won't accept milk when you take even certain everyday nursing ok supplements. They also pasturize the milk. If you are interested in donating there is also Milkshare - a private milk sharing group. We used it to get milk for DS...
Hi, So this post may be a bit long, but here's the short end of it: Last night, DS went to bed a little earlier than normal because he didn't nap, he woke up at 1 and did not go back to sleep until 8:30 this morning....! at which point he only slept 45 min. He's done something like this every night this week : he's up at least from 12:30 is until 3, but the past few nights it's been until 4 or 5 in the morning. NOTHING I do gets him to sleep, bringing him to bed,...
I'd participate! Sounds fun, I love sale shopping and shopping for other people
I don't think it's that big of deal at all. You could have had GBS before your pregnancy. I had it last time and did have to get an IV of antibiotics and as much as I was worried/didn't want it before hand, it was such a non big deal. I still had a home birth, it took very little time and was a pretty low dose. I took probiotics and stuff when I first tested positive, but it didn't do anything for me and from what I understand, since it's so early for you in the pregnancy...
We just talked to a few homeopaths who have experience dealing w/allergies. I would highly recommend Erika Simonian of NY Homeopathy.