or Connect

Posts by mrforbes

We're 20 weeks this weekend - can't believe it - it hit me that we're having another baby and I should start getting ready.
I got some from pushing my posterior baby last time - they suck - I honestly had no idea what they really were until I got them. Def. stay hydrated, fiber etc BUT I did really like the Earth Mama Baby Angel hemorroid cream. It's was very soothing.
I'm 19 weeks also and I just have to say - I don't know if I an anterior placenta or not (I think not) - but I also think it's normal for babies to move differently between pregnancies as well as in the beginning (it's still early) some days they just aren't where you can feel them as easily. The movement could not be felt because of your digestive system, where they are in there today etc. Some days I barely feel the baby (that I notice) especially when I'm really tired...
My DS has so many food allergies and has had from the time he was an infant so my sympathies go out to you. Mt. Sinai has a good reputation, but they can't give you answers where there are none and I know of somebody who went there w/no results. For one, I would recommend going where you can get your insurance to cover it because the testing can get expensive. We go to Dr. Charlot in Brooklyn, she's really good w/kids which means a lot to me since my little guy is...
Thanks - I'll try reposting there.
Hi, So this is off topic of pregnancy kind of - I'm 18 weeks and have a DS who turned 2 last month. In short, he's always been a great sleeper, we never sleep trained him and his just started STTN on his own at a young age but then that got disrupted by his horrible allergies (he has really bad reactions) and through in some international travel and before you know it I was sleeping w/him at least part of the night for the last year. Recently it's gotten really...
So I feel a little desperate about our toddler's sleep situation and am looking for some advice/encouragement. In short, DS was a champion sleeper from birth always - we never sleep trained him and don't believe/do in CIO. We did end up putting him in his own room because he was sleeping so well at night by himself. This was wonderful for 9-10 months but then DS started having really bad allergic reactions (biphasic ana reactions which are really scary at night) so I...
I drink coffee everyday - my midwife says it's fine as long it's under 2 cups a day. I've also had 1/2 glass a wine w/dinner twice and prob. will have some more later - it's not very much (and not in public) and w/food. DS has severe food allergies and this baby has made me allergic to a lot of food so I actually can't eat a lot of food that are ok - when I first read the heading of the thread was about foods you can't eat because of allergies and I was like YES! but...
Thanks, I actually have a great IBCLC person who is also a MD who specializes only in breastfeeding mothers (she's awesome!) plus my doula is a lactation counselor who was w/me last time and helped w/my problems then. I feel lucky to be planning another home birth so it's prob. as BF friendly as possible. Is it possible to have infections and thrush while pregnant and not yet nursing? Because that's how I feel....
Try probiotics - they are great for you for a variety of reasons including helping w/digestive stuff. I take mine rather religiously when I'm pregnant....