or Connect

Posts by gwen's mom

Can we start a thread where we share our kids' favorite games? Our 2 1/2 year old DS likes these: Zingo Funny Bunny Snail pace race Kids sequence First four games Orchard Memory Hallabaloo Chickyboom 5 year old DD Uno Blockus Feed the kitty Hula Hippos Go fish Animal upon Animal Lucky sock dip Dwarves and dice Schmetti Coloretti 8 year old DD Castle Keep Sleeping Queens Frog Juice Knuckling Knights Pirate arithmatic Enchanted...
Not sure what is up with the links...the worked for me. Here are the playsets I was considering: http://www.kidkraft.com/toys-and-pla...playsets/63214 http://www.kidkraft.com/toys-and-pla...playsets/17481 Thanks for the great ideas! Keep 'em coming!
Here's what we already have... Playmbil guitar wooden kitchen blocks duplos leap pad wooden castle doll house Schleich animals, dinosaurs, people Dress up box puppets Marble track This is so hard since he is our third.... I was looking at something like this or this Does anyone have personal experience with these? Also he does love games and particularly enjoys playing Zingo, Ravensburger First Four games, Orchard, Funny Bunny, Uno, Go Fish Does anyone...
Our son is our third child and he will be 3 in Feb. He is a music maniac and so I have known for months that we would get him a drum set. This was suppose to be his "big" gift from Santa. Well it arrived today and it was packaged in a drum box rather than a packing box so DS and his sisters all saw his gift. Christmas at our house includes the kids opening a few gifts from us on Christmas eve and then when they wake up on Sunday morning Santa has come, leaving them...
Of course I can not speculate on your DC's case but I had a long talk with our ortho about pulling and he feels strongly that baby teeth stay in place for a reason and he needs to be patient and respect that. Have you consulted with more than one ortho?
In DD's case the ortho looked at the palate, felt it and knew it had filled in. Even my untrained eyes could tell that there was a significant change in the palate from the time we stopped turning the PE to the time the PE was ready to come out. I can not stress enough how important it is to find the right ortho. When I was growing up my parents could not afford braces so when I was 18 I paid for them myself. I was an orthodontic nightmare...overcrowding, overbite,...
My DD#1 got hers in at 7 years, 8 months and it just came out in September, at 8 years, 2 months and she went straight into upper braces. She will have them for 6 months or so. She will need them again as a teenager. She had no issues with the expander and braces are going well as well. I did a great deal of research before I took her to an ortho. and there seems to be two schools of thought on braces-if kids get them on before 10 y.o. they will probably need...
I have made a career in higher education, hold two masters and am currently 3/4 of the way to a PhD myself so believe me I am very pro-education but I too side with the folks who would not seak a degree from an unaccredited institution. I was just part of the national accreditation process for the state university where I work and let me say it is a very difficult, tedious process and that was for an accreditation renewal! A few years ago Syracuse University's...
I am looking for advice from others who have recovered from ovarian cyst removal. I am three weeks post surgery and I am just wondering if what I am experiencing is within the normal range. I had two cysts removed-a 12cm cyst on the left which was actually growing inside the ovary so the entire ovary had to be dissected and re-constructed. On the right there was a 3-4 cm functional cyst that was removed as well. No cancer found. I was left with both ovaries. The...
I prefer to order on line...I am an hour and a half from a major metro area so on line is my best shopping option. I did order several things from Sears yesterday and will check out Target over the weekend.