or Connect

Posts by gwen's mom

There is a curriculum fair coming up and I am trying to decided if it is "worth it" to go. It it 2 hours a way (they don't get any closer, because of where I live.) It is a Christian homeschool fair. We are Christian but that is not the reason we choose to homeschool. Will I be able to find secular curriculum? I am always looking for a bargin so I am wondering if you have found that suppliers offer discounts at fairs? Thanks, MS
DD#1 is 7.5 DD#2 is 5 DD#1 went to a public PK and has been homeschooled since. DD#2 is currently at the public PK and will be HSed next year. DD#1 greatest interest is Super Mario on the Wii. She also likes the typical 7 y/o girl things, princesses, fairies, Littlest Pet Shop, Polly Pockets, etc. I have brought home books on all of these things and she will read them but is just flippant about them. I often pull out a stack of books at her reading level and...
DD#1 has no love for learning and it is breaking my heart. She does exactly what she has to to “get by” in every aspect of her life (school work, chores, etc.) She does not enjoy any part of homeschooling, even when I allow her to pick the topic we are studying. It’s not like we are battling over HS, she just shows no excitement for it. She is passionate about not wanting to go to PS. She just wants to know when she can be done. When it comes to chores she is just...
We took our dd#1, then 3/4 y/o to see touring Lion King, Little Mermaid, and Joseph over the course of a year. To be honest, we found the Little Mermaid to be a little dry and didn't keep DD's attention like the others did. Just our experience.
My 7 year old does the same thing...
I have posted this question before I am still struggling with reading curriculum. My DD is a late reader (just now reading somewhat fluently at 7.5 y/o and is just finishing 1st grade SSRW) I am looking for the "next level" in reading curriculum because I just can't set her free and tell her to read. She does not enjoy it and definitely is not focused enough to simply "free read." She needs work books and check boxes. I would love to find a complete curriculum,...
One MDC mama shared that she printed off a card that said "If you circ me, my mama will sue you" and taped it to his hospital baby box.
Don’t you just love that medical professionals in this country are eager to cut penile frenulum but won’t touch a baby’s tongue frenulum? The same thing happened to my boss’ wife with their first baby. She was finally able to find an ear nose and throat doctor that cliped their baby's tounge during a 10 minute office call. Don’t stress yourself out taking him to more doctors, just start calling until you find someone willing to do it… Good luck!
We have a Gwendolyn (Gwen) and a Vivian (Viv) and I was convinced that our 3rd would by Evelyn or Lillian. Instead we ended up with a Gabriel. I love the name Evelyn and it we would have had one I am sure we would have called her Eve.
So I have spent hours pouring over blogs describing workboxes. I think it might be a good system to get DD (7) working more independently but my question is, is this a largely workbook based program? We use MUS and the student book is BIG. I can’t really imagine tearing out the pages. We also use SSRW which means a workbook, easy reader, game pieces, CD, white board, etc. History Odyssey and NEOE science have so many books…I can't envision this working with our...